37 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2012 12:43 PM by iidarkshadowoo RSS

So... What Do We All Think?

zman6776

I myself was and still am, a huge fan of Black Ops. Definetly the best CoD out there! But after watching the Black Ops ll trailer, I can't help but feel a little confused on whether or not this game is going to appeal to me, such as Black Ops did. I think the game's a bit too futuristic, but then again, when I saw the Black Ops reveal trailer, I wasn't really satifiied either. I hope Treyarch has made another top notch quality CoD game, but at the moment, I can't say that I am exactly drawn in.

Trailer Analysis - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WOqE7nWusI

• Re: So... What Do We All Think?
    stayfrosty70

Im with ya . but this looks like bs . my opinion it looks like it may suck .

Treyarch:  A team that has shown that they bring call of duty almost anywhere and bring generations of history directly into a person's room at any given time. They have amazing ideas, and far more creative than their call of duty counterparts.  While Black ops multiplayer was not amazing, it was also their first real push into the front-line, and they can probably learn more from their mistakes than IW.  Let's put a little trust in 3arch...

MUPHinATHONG

I too enjoyed Black Ops... This game looks retarded. It doesn't look realistic (graphics) and it doesn't seem realistic (13 years in the future). It seems like a cartoon video game. I am very disappointed in the concept. And on top of that.. Black Ops 2? SMH. I'm definitely going to rent it before I spend 60 dollars on it.

nicedrewishfela

I know exactly how you are feeling on this, but I am in the camp of "Play it before you judge it".

I have never liked the futuristic games. Halo did nothing for me. The Ghost Recon games don't interest me one bit. Heck, I resisted getting CoD4 for the longest time, as I was so into WWII action in WaW. Black Ops, to me, was the best leap forward the series ever took. It was so innovative (Not every innovation worked, but at least you could see they tried). The level of detail in the maps is so incredible, the MW3 maps are laughable in comparison.

I am a little worried about going into the future on this, but I can't wait to give it a try. I hate to say it, but I think this could be the make it or break it release for the CoD series. If Treyarch can produce something innovative and as infinitely playable as Black Ops, it may draw some turned off by MW3 back to the series. If its more of the same.... I think we'll all be disappointed.

That being said, cooler heads should prevail until we get more information on the game, and until we get it in our hands and start playing.

Just like with Halo 4, I'm not so sure about this game yet.

I'm concerned about the sniping. What will it be like? Will there be quickscoping? Will there be trickshotting?

IF so, how will it be? I hope to get some answers.

jewz

there wont be any quickscoping just like black ops. some of the leaked info that got removed said that they were further reducing aim and bullet assist on sniper rifles to make them more balanced. Sniping in black ops was much better than all the modern warfares

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

What I think?

Take my money, Treyarch!

This game will be awesome and it feels like we're breaking into a new series with a new direction. I'm really excited and it feels like MW1 once again. People had doubts back then and it all turned out fine. History is repeating itself.

infernoraph

To be honest, Black ops is my favorite CoD too, and at first this trailor didn't appeal to me. Mainly I liked it for it's historical acurracy, and when I looked a little deeper into the trailor i realized that they based  it entirely on weapondry that is currently under development. It also appears that it might dable back into the previous game mainly because there's a silhouetted man holding an M16A1 rifle during the trailor, so things might get interesting with that. Onother issue i have though is that Woods looks like a healthy old man. Forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't he take like 5 frag grenades killing Kravchenko? Personally a little dissformation of the face or the body really would make the trailor more convincing that he lived. I still feel iffy about the quality of the game just like you, but I'll definitely check it out when it comes out.

If you're not sure if this game will be good or not, just look at Treyarch's previous Call of Duty games. They are BY FAR the best developers on Earth. This is coming from a guy who loves Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, Assasin's Creed, Fallout, Halo, etc. And I have never been dissapointed by Treyarch before. Why start now? Buy the game, then decide whether or not you like it.

rodsirloin

Looks stupid

I don't understand how you can judge the entire game on one trailer that pretty much only showed that it will take place in the future. This is a CAMPAIGN trailer so unless you are buying the game only for campaign, don't complain.

funman131313

look like its either going to be a Great hit on a total Fail in my mind

jewz

This game looks good. Treyarch puts a ton of detail and time into their games, the graphics do look like the same engine as BLOPS though but honestly i love black ops and still play it over MW3. Infinity ward is increidlby lazy. treyarch has a lot of detail and thought in all of their games.  This is what the future of warfare is going to be like. Infinity ward made a mistake of saying that the MW's were so far into the future when they are only using current technology with nothing that is a prototype besides the XM25 which is already being phased into to some US army squads.

As long as multiplayer isnt a quadcopter fest, im completely fine with the new weapons and setting

I was a little shocked with the future setting on my first viewing but after watching the interactive trailer I've changed my tune. Good on you Treyarch for taking leaps in a new direction for the series! I trust them to do their research and blur the lines between science fiction and science fact.

I hope that the idea of going futuristic doesn't kill CoD like it did Battlefeild (in my opinion, Battlefeild 2142 sucked), but don't get me wrong....this game does look awesome, and besides....its only really going in the future 10 years from mw2/mw3 and it is Treyarch that did make Black Ops great, lets hope they do it again.

On a side note... OMGWTF woods is back???

I love it and I can't wait to play online. I will be waiting for all the multiplayer details to be reveled later this year. I know I will be surprised either way.

I feel MW3 is the best out there as far as game quality and play. With different perks, added killstreaks, diff NUKE set up, More playlists, more special ops stuff, intuitive campaign... Im not puttin the others down but the just went to far in with the Future aspect... i dosen't even feel the same...

Some stuff i would like see is wat the perk set up will be.. if its better than 3 then i'll might buy the game

I think the campain my be strong with a great story line and high critical points for the game play and dlc's to come next but is there going to be enough foursite into online multiplayer exspereances for the audience and spectators to pull enough croud for what call of duty realy is? this being so i cant wait to find out what's under the hood of each class set up and the installments for custimization as well as challenges through out and if so will they continue the kill cams and theater modes?  as well as zombies will there be a higher player rate with the new dlcs?  these and more but still interested in what a strong company like treyarch can do for us the audence thanks for listening.

roxas3510

I think everyone is looking at this the wrong way. Me personally, I just want the MP to be as balanced as Black Ops was. I'm expecting them to keep the core gameplay that we all know to expect from CoD the same, just with a different theme. Like grenades still act the same way grenades do, but they just explode a different color because, you know, future tech. I had a good feeling that this is the way they went about it when I saw the part of the reveal with the X-47 Pegasus. It looked like a futuristic Reaper killstreak. Although the game's in the future, the look of that screen didn't seem too different than the look of the Reaper screen, except for the change in reticle and color, but basically it still seemed like you shot the missile and guided it to the ground. As long as the core gameplay remains the same, I could care less what it looks like. Hell the guns could shoot laser beams for all we know, but if it feels like I'm playing Black Ops, even with lasers, I will be satisfied.

it gave me a terminator feeling may have been the planes just reminded me of salvation the film iv never bothered with the games . you cant judge anything from that but i think we are going to see some good gun and attachment combos i hope the crossbow makes a comeback looking forward to this cod last one on the 360 i would think, i just hope it has better conection and spawns than mw3 .

W7PSK

Dont like the looks of it.

I was hopeful as IW has screwed up MW3 so bad I wanted 3arch to

come back with a great game.

Unfortunately This is a pass.  Looks like Im done with the COD

series (I wont buy MW4 after this last IW disaster).

evzlad95

I think the fact that they're continuing where Black Ops left off in the 1980's flashback missions is great when mixed with something completely new and different being set in 2025. I loved Black Ops and WAW and Treyarch at the moment have looked as if they've done another great job. Cannot wait to see even content being announced.

I need to see real game play before I give my verdict. The trailer has way to many unanswered question. Wait & see, I guess

I am going to wait. I want to see the multiplayer gameplay trailer and gameplay before I decide because multiplayer might take a huge leap and depend more on the machine than running and gunning. Lets wait and see first. Single Player looks awesome from the reveal. And I cant wait to hear more about the zombie mode but multiplayer is the biggest role in gaming nowadays and if it dont appeal to me, I will just have to rent the game.

i thinkits gonna be awsome! every other call of duty game has rocked!!!!!!

aodhan567

Everyone says that the game is gonna be awesome but since MW3 isnt out and trailer is then everyone says the same. Hopefully it'll be the best CoD Ever!

avengedyesterday

ITS GOING TO BE THE BEST CALL OF DUTY EVER

or

IT'S GOING TO BE THE WORST CALL OF DUTY EVER

We wont know till they release more then a 30 second video.