1 2 3 Previous Next 67 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2012 9:19 AM by rankismet RSS

Elite 2.0... don't make the DLC mistake of MW3.

rankismet

If you have Elite Premium in MW3... I think you know where I'm going...

You get the maps early and don't have to pay extra. (That's nice)

You can only play them in a mosh pit in you play HC. (That sucks)

They rarely come up in the regular rotation. (That's annoying)

Add it all up... waste of money.

To make it remotely worth getting, Elite 2.0 needs to:

1. Release DLC at the same time. You can have it be at no extra cost to premium but let it be availble to all to assist in match making and being able to actually play them.
  2. Do not have just a mosh pit. Players like to play certain modes... forcing them to play other things leads to frustration.
  3. Offer something beyond maps. More camo, unique weapons... something besides DLC because it has made matchmaking real issue in MW3.
  4. Make clan ops about the clan and winning the match. As it stands... it's better to have a bunch of lone wolfs versus playing as a group. Plus, winning/losing means nothing.

Hopefully they will sort it out... time will tell.

• 1. Re: Elite 2.0... don't make the DLC mistake of MW3.
    aodhan567

totally agree with that.

• 2. Re: Elite 2.0... don't make the DLC mistake of MW3.

DLC at the same time not gonna happen, its the "hook" to get on Elite,  the other 3 points, i totally agree!

• 3. Re: Elite 2.0... don't make the DLC mistake of MW3.
    gallp13

Hi Rank...good to read a quality thread... agree you on all points.

• 4. Re: Elite 2.0... don't make the DLC mistake of MW3.

Tbh no matter what they do, I won't be getting Elite premium. I didn't get it with MW3, and I have no faith they will improve it for BO2. All I can recommend is don't resubscribe.

• 5. Re: Elite 2.0... don't make the DLC mistake of MW3.
    DaRyuujin

I dont think DLC should be released at the same time

But I do agree with everything else,

You should be able to pick your gametype in the elite playlist, soon as they took that away I stopped playing it as much even tho i'm elite premuim

Differnt content would be great as long as they dont list it as one of the counted peices of DLC content, just instead be like "as a bonus this month we are throwing in this camo pack as an extra peice of DLC:

and yes ways of leveling the clan def needs to change from how it is now because as you said it promotes lone wolf play. I think a great addition is a total revamp of tyhe level system for clans and have clan challenged like this

squad up- play 5 games with a 6 man team
    squad up II - play 10 games with a 6 man team

In it for the long run  - play 5 consecutive matches with a team of 6

In it for the long run II - play 10 consecutive matches with a team of 6

all kinds of random stuff like that both easy and very very hard and everything in between

• 6. Re: Elite 2.0... don't make the DLC mistake of MW3.
    timelordalex

i expect a fair share of multiplayer and zombie maps in elite, not what there doing in MW3,  4/5 spec ops maps and 20 mp maps, they must understand now how popular zombies is

• 7. Re: Elite 2.0... don't make the DLC mistake of MW3.
    nicedrewishfela

Amen to that.

1. I don't care now that I get the maps early, because I have to play Mosh Pit... which I wouldn't mind but its hard to get a lobby with the limited audience. I also like to play certain gametypes, hate being forced to play games I don't enjoy. To me, release the Maps maybe a day or two before the general public gets them. Gives us a chance to run around and get a jump on the competition. That being said, BlOps will likely have Combat Training, so getting the maps early I could run around killing Bots for a while..... hmm, there is a quandry. 

2. Whoops. I covered that in 1.

3. Yes. Yes. Annnnnd Yes. I am sure they will incorporate Zombies and such into DLC, but would be cool to have something new to rock the online world like a new weapon to level up, a new perk, a new killstreak reward, camo.... Game modes... I could go on, but I won't.

I don't do the clan ops... so not going to comment lol. Either way, the cost of Elite ends up being less than the individual map packs cost on their own, so will probably pick it back up again for BlOps2. Hoping its included again with a Hardened edition.

• 8. Re: Elite 2.0... don't make the DLC mistake of MW3.
    r8edtripx

I want Elite 2.0 to have better integration with the game; It should be seamless. I hate the fact that we have to quit out of MW3 to jump into Elite.

I really do miss the ease of the Black Ops Playercard stats.

• 9. Re: Elite 2.0... don't make the DLC mistake of MW3.
    nicedrewishfela

I agree. Taking the Combat Record out of the game would be a shame. It was, and continues to be, the best COD Playercard record yet.

1 2 3 Previous Next