1 2 3 Previous Next 92 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2012 3:58 PM by iivrruummii RSS

REASONS TO PRESTIGE IN BLOPS 2

zombies4lyfe

in the last 4 cods cod4-blops prestige was pretty useless besides the fact of getting gold on 14th prestige blops or a few extra custom slots and badges. mw3 improved slightly with adding prestige tokens. what i want to see is maybe instead of the usual 40-50 guns in this next call of duty, maybe add up to 100, giving us reason to prestige. lets be honest prestiging after a while gets boring and what, ( in my opinion) would make this game last to the very end would be awarding us 1 or 2 guns at a certian level of prestige. example: prestige 3, lvl 35 unlock (this). and on a side note to this post, i was hoping to see the prestige token on mw3 allow me to keep my gold gun after i prestiged. this did not happen and i was dissapointed. also maybe a pack a punch camo for multiplayer? requireing 1k headshots? hope you guys like this suggestion. if you guys got any more suggestions just post, maybe treyarch will read this!

• 1. Re: reasons to prestige in blops 2

Great idea beats people using the mw3 token glitch which they should be banned for

• 2. Re: reasons to prestige in blops 2
    capp00

While not a bad idea at all, if handled perfectly, it won't happen just due to balancing issuses.

There would invariably be a gun attained a very high level that was way better than most other guns. Right now if a gun is "OP", everyone has access to it. But the possibility of only a small % of gamers getting access to weapons that could be more powerful, will prevent them from doing it.

• 3. Re: reasons to prestige in blops 2

i just prestige, for the challenge factor

• 4. Re: reasons to prestige in blops 2
    zombies4lyfe

thanks for posts guys, i do agree capp00, but then again it would give other people a reason to prestige for it. if they picked it up and liked it then they would have to prestige. The reason people liked cod4 so much  was because the m16 wasnt the only op gun but had others that were op to balance it out. we need a variety of op( or good guns that dont suck) to balance the game out, last but not least they messed the m16 up in mw3 big time!

• 5. Re: reasons to prestige in blops 2
    Steve2589

I totally agree with you that prestiging needs more of an award however I don't think guns is the way to go. Imagine someone new to the game starts getting owned by people using guns they have through prestige, wanting to get a hold of them for themselves and can't because they're not the right prestige level. It's annoying enough not being a high enough rank let alone prestige level. The flip side is they could release guns that aren't that powerful in which case it begs the question what's the point because no one will use them

• 6. Re: reasons to prestige in blops 2
    rankismet

zombies4lyfe wrote:

in the last 4 cods cod4-blops prestige was pretty usless besides the fact of getting gold on 14th prestige blops or a few extra custom slots and badges. mw3 improved slightly with adding prestige tokens. what i want to see is maybe instead of the usual 40-50 guns in this next call of duty, maybe add up to 100, giving us reason to prestige. lets be honest prestiging after a while gets boring and what, ( in my opinion) would make this game last to the very end would be awarding us 1 or 2 guns at a certian level of prestige. example: prestige 3, lvl 35 unlock (this). and on a side note to this post, i was hoping to see the prestige token on mw3 allow me to keep my gold gun after i prestiged. this did not happen and i was dissapointed. also maybe a pack a punch camo for multiplayer? requireing 1k headshots? hope you guys like this suggestion. if you guys got any more suggestions just post, maybe treyarch will read this!

Who's to say there will be any prestige in BO2?

Sacred Cows are being sacrificed.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/205598558#205598558

• 7. Re: reasons to prestige in blops 2
    Steve2589

Oooft, he turned it around

• 8. Re: reasons to prestige in blops 2
    nicedrewishfela

Good point about the possibility that there may not be the traditional Prestige system, but I am going to go with the probability that some form of it will return.

I've mentioned this on other threads on this Forum, I am a big believer in earning the rewards that are given out, and in encouraging players to continue to challenge themselves. I am one of those players who prestige for the challenge of it. I get bored quickly at the highest level, and usually Prestige as soon as that little meter fills up. I enjoy the challenges and ranking up. I made it to 15th Prestige on Black Ops legitimately (no boosting, cheating, etc), and was proud of the fact I did so. I liked that they had a system of rewarding Prestiges (Class slots, Camos,  Face Paint, etc) and only lamented there wasn't something at every level. I'd like to see them continue to reward those willing to work and level up. I agree with previous posts that guns may leave too many questions unless they are balanced, but at the same time it would be incentive for people to keep leveling up. I think guns may be a good idea, but it would be enough to unlock custom classes, Camos, and whatever other customizations Treyarch builds into this game.

I am bothered by the amount of people saying how it "wouldn't be fair" to those who don't prestige. How they should just be able to get the rewards some other way, or be handed them. Some even suggested they would pay for them (really?). If you want something, you'll work for it. If you are not willing or uninterested in doing so, well then you have the same weapons and equipment that everyone else started out with. Make it worthwhile to Prestige, make it something to work for and to be proud of achieving. Don't let the game become little league, where everyone gets a trophy just for participating.

• 9. Re: reasons to prestige in blops 2
    zombies4lyfe

true that

1 2 3 Previous Next