10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2013 11:33 AM by UkZSkiTTl3z RSS

Elite's clan ops scheduling is HORRIBLE.

I don't know how many of you were able to enlist, but there was a clan ops on Elite today (Friday May 4th). If you didn't know about this clan ops at all, that is because the people who run Elite decided once again to open up a clan ops and give elite members less than 24 hours to register.

For most of the week, the clan ops appeared empty. As someone who checks Elite at least once a day, I was surprised to see there was a Clan Ops going on when I checked Elite today. This is the 2nd time in the past 7 days that Elite has just sprung a clan ops on its users and gave them way less than 24 hours to enlist in it.

What Elite needs to do is have a clan op occur once every 3 days and not just spring clan ops on the community. Plan clan ops in advance!

My suggested schedule would look something like this:

• Monday
  • Thursday
  • Sunday
  • Wednesday
  • Saturday
  • Tuesday
  • Friday
  • repeat

Elite also needs to have different time-slots for the same Op, but clans would only be allowed to enter into 1 time slot for each clan operation.

The 3 time slot choices would correspond with 7 PM for the local time of the main 3 regions: 

• 7PM PST/PDT (UTC -8/UTC -7)
  • 7PM EST/EDT (UTC -5/UTC -4)
  • 7PM GMT/BST (UTC/UTC +1)
  • Re: Elite's clan ops scheduling is HORRIBLE.

Totally agree with you! I've just joined a clan and come to find out, all clan ops seem to be while I'm at work. I would like to see a little more variation in the times and an actual program of ops being scheduled.

coolwhhhip

I did see where they are going to give you 500 clan xp for having to reschedule. But yeah Im sure they will get it firing on all cylinders at some point.

CowboySr

I think its best if we all just accept that Elite has been a complete failure from the beginning and that 6 months after the games release its no better than from day 1.  This thing is still a beta. We should not have been charged for this heap of dung. It has tarnished their name forever, and IWs as well.  I dont think Ill be able to convince one person from my 23 member clan to buy it again. A complete joke on all of us.

wolverinecm71

Couldn't be said better.( Cowboy ).They will have a hard time getting any more money out of my clan.I had to talk alot of my friends into gettin Elite when the clan ops were going and now i,m the one that has to say i don't know what's going on?I can almost deal with the fact that they are having problems , but for them to just not say one thing about  it is the worst part..now 4 mode specific only maps.WTF  I know thats not Elite related but its pushin my clan away from the game.

Same boat without paddles!!!! I wonder if the Elite team is pointing and laughing at all of us right now. Do they just assume we all live on the west coast? And we all bought elite just to say we did? The only good I've received from it is the maps, which are lame and redundant at best...if I wanted to play a halo map, I would play halo! That's why I like cod, because it isn't halo! If they don't fix these issues soon, they might as well toss elite 2.0 out the window right now!

Slaquor

Fix the times! 2pm-5pm on a Friday?!? Eastern time?!? Really? That's 1pm-4pm, 12pm-3pm, and 11am-2pm across the US! Even the kids are in school, let alone those who work... I've hardly ever been able to compete in a clan op due to these absurd times. What did I pay money for? Maps? Could have got those anyway. Start posting clan ops at better times or time-zone specific. If not, I want my money back! I have received NOTHING for it!

rlbl

You should have architected elite clan ops; this is the most intelligent post about time zones ever.

With those times, You almost cannot go wrong!  (speaking from the Americas): If your clan op is selected in the GMT time slot, you can still include some the EST players in your clan as that is 2PM (I think?)  so they can maybe catch a bit of the tail end...Then you can rotate for another clan op.  The decision could be left to the clan (leader) and everyone will eventually get the chance to play.

Choosing 7PM EST covers pretty much all across the Canada/US (4PM PST start)

Choosing 7PM PST makes it so  the "older kids" can still play later (10PM EST start)

It is so simple, no wonder they could not think of it.

It's even worse out here in Australia. All the ops start at the crazy hours in the morning. I'm talking at 4 am..... It's been a complete waste of money, seeing how its nearly impossible to level up my clan or even compete in an op. I know we are relatively tiny compared to the USA, but one would have thought a little consideration would be given.

It's even worse out here in Australia. All the ops start at the crazy hours in the morning. I'm talking at 4 am..... It's been a complete waste of money, seeing how its nearly impossible to level up my clan or even compete in an op. I know we are relatively tiny compared to the USA, but one would have thought a little consideration would be given.

im in the uk so the timezones are diffrent what can we do? they all start at 12 at night?