26 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2012 9:50 AM by jonthebeserker RSS

Less repetitive gameplay in zombies

zombies4lyfe

circles, circles and circles, thats what zombies becomes after round 25 while the (not so good zombie players sit and watch the pros run their circles) or so.Camping a spot becomes impossible with pack a punched weapons. My solution for this "new" never boring gameplay would be by simply adding more ways to chalenge us instead of just giving the zombies more health every round. Make zombies more aggressive like the shiek zombie from shangri la, or even some doors that cost 5-10k to open to get you to a better camping spot. In the end no body wants to spend 5-7 hours on zombies even tho its for survival and scores. give me your ideas guys about this subject, would love to hear the feed back.

• Re: Less repetitive gameplay in zombies

i like your idea about the super expensive door it would be nice to have a few that just go to like the perfect train spot or camping spot

fatedtitan

My idea?  Use punctuation.  It would make your ideas a lot easier to read.

Here's my problem.  People complain about repetitivness, but when they add a boss zombie (George, cosmonaut) people complain.  You can't have it both ways.

zombies4lyfe

i thought i used plenty of punctuation in my discussion idea.. and george was not a solution to less repetitivness, the reason it took us 7 hours was because we started with 4 and lost him on  round 23, and we got to 38 with 3 people. maybe after round 25, add different types of zombies that chalenge us instead of making the rounds last longer.

fatedtitan

If the goal is high rounds, 2 players is what you need.  I mean what are you looking for?  You want a giant boss to fight every few rounds?  Insert George.  He made you change your path and kept you on your guard.

zombies4lyfe

i like to play with other people and 2 players gets boring, playing with 4 freinds is very fun and getting to a high rounds together is also more fun and rewarding. so what i meant is make the zombies different for people who play with 4 people, the solution should not be adding more zombies for the amount of players you have, they need to chalenge us more and insert new ways to get the rounds going faster. Just my thoughts.

fatedtitan

Rounds aren't going to go any faster I can promise you that.  That's why 2 players in the solution to high rounds.  But if you can get to high rounds with four players, more props to you.  That's some long, tiresome training.  I think the way you can make zombies tougher is to make the AI smarter.  Make it where running circles is extremely hard to do because the zombies catch on.

Aecetym

As gorge made the game a bit harder u still could do Rtrains pretty easy with him in a smaller room, without making him angry.

as for the moon map it's the same to.

I think the bosses where great additions to the game cause first they made the game a hell to play but ur playstyle evolves to suit the problem after a while.

yes thats what i stated in my discusion what i would hope for is since there will be different game modes maybe there will be a left 4 dead like map and this same type map to appeal for both sides

This will solve your problem: http://community.activision.com/message/413318152#413318152

It is a Melee Combat Sequence.  It is much like the minigames from God of War 3.  I list everything.

I want something to do besides run a Rtrain.  I get the boss idea, but that's just something each few rounds or so and not something different or new DURING the Rounds.  Just like I explain in the discussion I like shooting zombies...but now 5-6 hours of Rtrains.  After Round 35 my mind starts to wander.  Then after 45 my mind goes numb with boredom.

I stopped playing Zombies becaues I realized that shooting zombies is pointless because after 45 traps kill everything.  I would use an ENTIRE clip of HK21, no affect!  What's the points of having the weapon if it's not going to do anything?  Now 2-3 guns out of the Mystery Box work and the rest is traps.  Why put in the effort to get a gun with such low odds?

I have 150k and nothing to buy, no weapons that are WORTH buying, and all I have to do is Rtrains until I "fall asleep at the wheel".  I would rather skip the 5-6 hours and chug Niquil until American starts being funny.

Happy Hunting! 

Aecetym

Like the idea of expensive door, something to waist some of that money on. But it should not be placed on like the mainroute to get to the power (if there is power in BO2). Els u will have 1 guy making lots of point, the others just waisting it and expect the good player to pay all his money on the door. So it should be moer a side-room of the map.

As myself doing Rtrains (yes it gets boring without anyone to talk to) the biggest reason to like run away from ur spot is overcrowding. So with the MP engine in zombies they should add more spawning zombies so Rtrains get harder to do.

Theres a tonne of good ideas in here that do away with the boring circling, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VarcFns7SCY

Buildable fortifications to enhance your camping spot is the best one. Then rewarded objectives is another. Pack a punch fusion prevents you ever getting bored of gun choices. Hope Treyarch took this all into serious consideration.

Aecetym

As camping is also a tactic in zombies I don't see why that's not even more repetitive or boring then doing an Rtrain. Ur sitting in a corner (traped) and shoot, that's doing even less then Rtraining.

I already see ppl complaining about how boring it is sitting in a corner,wishing for more movement.

The fusion idea is terrible. Imagen and HK21 fused with raygun. 125 mag raygun with total of 500 bullets unPaP. Do u think this is OP? And like not alowing sertain combos means that the idea can't be put to use.

By what you said, you just didn't understand what was talked about, nor the ideas.

"Camping " more boring? no way, with camping you are constantly firing to hold then back not just running in circles on the spot until they build up the most incredibly boring play I've seen. Camping is more a team game then just being a loner running "trains". Damn I hate circling.

This wasn't even relevant anyway, what I linked to was buildable fortifications so you can try out different tactics. Unlock defences, build and rebuild... always changing.. always something new to try.

You completely failed to understand fusion as well, but thats somewhat OT and in another thread.

Aecetym

Camping is boring and impossible to do with randoms, they always look at where 1 zombie is and don't notice that there 20 behinde them. And if u say don't play with randoms then what is the whole point of having a community or even a option besides private match. They are making the maps bigger then ever so if the devs want u to camp in a corner that would be a waist of effort and time.

zombies4lyfe

There are plenty of nice ideas here..., i just want more then just zombies, and additional health. The amount of zombies should stay the same despite the amount of players playing. The players should play alone first or something, to unlock the abilitiy to use other players. I trully dont know.

the only sensible answer to this problem is that you get super zombies - they cant shoot as it would turn into mw3 survival and also break the golden rule of zombies being eating machines with no real logical skills (although George Romero broke this rule in land of the dead).

Shrieker zombies were a definite step in the right direction. New zombie types are the only solution. Jumping zombies and wolverine type zombies and the odd zombie with a better run speed than you are what gets my vote.