41 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2012 5:46 AM by walloop RSS

How knifing should be in Black Ops 2

Here is how knifing should be in Black Ops 2.

At very close range, the player will execute an assassination similar to BF3's "takedown" knifing. At medium close range, knifing will either be a stab or a slash. If the player's crosshairs are not directed at the victim when knifing, the player will execute a slash which will deal 25-50 if it hits the body but 100 if it hits the neck or head area. If the player's crosshairs are spot on the victim when knifing, the player will stab the victim, dealing 50-75 damage if it hits the body but 100 if it hits the neck or head area. Boom. Panic knifing solved. Any questions?

• Re: How knifing should be in Black Ops 2

If people are getting shot, they should not be able to use the knife.

^This and fix Commando knife lunge

I agree that if a player is getting shot, then he/she should not be able to knife. However, if they decide to implement this, then they should also give us a perk that would let us do so.

T-boss

there is no lunge, they half did the pull out knife thing to use it. combat knife works how the normal knife should work, and is nerfed from the BO knife slightly. the normal knife is swinging paper that failes for no reason at times, im not talking about being to far, im talking point blank knife, then get shot at the second swing while point blank. combat knife should be normal knife. combat knife should be ruffly = to normal knife.(this means buff normal knife not nerf combat knife) havent used balastic enough to say.

the only time knife was OP was MW2 commando. thats it. the rest was complaining about dieing.

ps. advise to devs, people who say they used something and think its OP are best judge of OP guns, seocnd are those who say something is UP and used it/died to it and still say its UP, those are second best. those complaining about dying are worst judges of balance, as a large chunk will be happy with a godmode gun.  few that are actualy for balance would try the first 2 statements.

and if they bring back akimbo you should lose the ability to knife

skippinglobster

Am I the only one who likes knifing the way it is in Black Ops? ...running around with just Ballistics was awesome, and you could do decent, but it's not like your gonna beat good players or anything. And panic knifing just doen't happen to me enough to call it OP or anything ... I dunno I say leave it how it is.

Knifing in Black Ops was good, but not as good as World at War's. World at War, you had to be right on the guy to knife him, there was no lunge, unless you had a bayonet, which the lunge while using a bayonet is realistic.

i say it was good to but i think in black ops 2 you pull out and hold your knife and have to put it away again

so its alot more realistic.

r8edtripx

skippinglobster wrote:

Am I the only one who likes knifing the way it is in Black Ops? ...running around with just Ballistics was awesome, and you could do decent, but it's not like your gonna beat good players or anything. And panic knifing just doen't happen to me enough to call it OP or anything ... I dunno I say leave it how it is.

I say leave it. Black Ops knifing really makes people choose between a tactical layout and a default layout.

I had to ask myself, do you want to panic knife or drop shot?

In MW3 I feel it's more of a T-Rex knifing situation, you know, with little arms, (no extension) so it was a much easier choice to go tactical and drop shot.

In Black Ops, it was a tough choice, I switched a bunch of times. I ended up with a panic knife layout because it felt so sweet running into a room and stabbing some fool that was already ADS at the door.

I definitely missed drop shotting, when I left the tactical layout in Black Ops.

Some people absolutely hate panic knifing AND drop shotting. I guess they get a double dose of: oh well, suck it up. Lol.

DragnNinja

Disagreed, go try and make a quick shot while moving fast....the ballistic knife wont fire until your damn near stopped.

iloveshotguns

Its not called panick knifing, its called having the reflexes and ability to execute a move when the situation is right.

The way BF3 knifing works is perfect in my opinion.

Yogibear149

I completely agree with almsot everything on this thread, except for the perk suggestion, unless they had another really good perk in that tier so it wouldnt be over used.

I agree with the battle field thing, hell make it more like battle field's knife. Put a 2 sec delay when you pull the knife out of the sheath, and no more one hit kills. Maybe one hit kill from behind, but two to three hits when face to face, as to stop panic knifing. Or just take the  knife out completely.

IcyRapture

No. Knifing should always be 100 damage and they should not make the knifing up close to be like Battlefield 3, come up with new ideas (everything on there is how Battlefield 3 knife works) and rewrite another time. I personally have no problem with the knife and if you do stop rushing into enemy territory so much and people wouldn't be directly next to you and have the advantage to knife you, personally, I've never been 'panic knifed'.

coolwhhhip

According to that recent leak that everyone seems to believe, the default knife is going to be a 2 hit kill. But there is going to be a new melee slot for you to equipe different kinds of knives, like one of em lets you hold down melee and it keeps on swiping automaticaly but it takes 4 hits with that one, and even a hammer for smashing Sentries and Riot Shield people. We shall see, but the 2 hit default knife sounds great to me.

"Panic Knifing" never seemed to be a problem to me. I figured if I was that close (and we both were aware of each others presence) then its a crapshoot. Almost like a joust. Someone may get lucky, but that's the risk squaring up with an enemy. When it comes to the BF3 knife- it is extremely slow and would almost certainly be irrelevant in the faster paced matches of cod

josh1073

Sigh....Is being knife that bad really? If you are close knife its not a one sided thing you have the same weapon its the most balenced thing in the game.

kastro187420

The problem is when you're able lunge through all the gun fire for an easy kill. When I'm shooting someone, and they start charging through my bullets into knife range, lunge, and get an easy kill, that's bs. When someon comes around a corner and is half dead and they grip their controller a bit too tight and get a free kill out of it, that's bs.

What I want to see with the knife:

If you've taken any damage, your knife does 50 or 75 damage (either one). If you're at full health, it does 100% damage. What this does is stops people from knifing through a bunch of bullets and damage for a free kill.

Another solution would be:

1hko from Behind, 2hko from the front.

Move the Knife to another button.

No Lunge at all

There's a few potential solutions that will make the knife much better of a weapon than it currently is.

josh1073

Ok the first one is all due to lag it has been a pain since mw2.  2nd one the bit that jumps out to me you put was "When someon comes around a corner and is half dead and they grip their controller a bit too tight and get a free kill out of it, that's bs." I think what you meant to say was he was getting shot ran away from the guy ran into you and decided to knife were you were gona shoot. there is a big misconception that you made just decided i would clear that up for you=).

I get the feeling you hate being knifed with a passion, the knife has the same strength as everyone elses it's the most balanced thing in the game the knife should be 100% damage no matter what your health is.

DragnNinja

Learn to aim better and shoot in the head or play Hardcore

T-boss

first parlty lag, partly depends, did he run across the entire room to get to you, did you even hit him before he was in knifing range. did you even get enough shots off to kill him before knife range? ive seen people complain about getting knifed like that when they completly missed or didnt react close to fast enough to kill them with bullets.

or you could bring a shotgun.

ghosthound

Step 1 - push up on the D-pad to select your melee option [bare hands - to snap the neck of the enemy player, butt of primary weapon - to bash the head in of the enemy player or combat knife - to either slit the enemy players throat or stab the enemy at the top of the spine];

Step 2 - press left thumbstick to grab enemy player or when using the butt of the primary weapon to bash the enemy player so they are stunned;

Step 3 - kill the enemy player.

Swaggin412

On Xbox 360 I would like to see the RIght thumb stick  knifing feature removed, unless the knife was a secondary weapon then you could use the right stick to knife. It would make people think a little more before they setup their classes. Basically use the knife as a secondary or no knife at all.

phxs72

I wish there was an option to turn the knife off.  Without the lung that was in previous CoD's it gets me killed way more than it's useful.  I'm not a fan of dropshotting all the time either but I may just have to get used to tactical so that I can quit getting killed by this pathetic knife.

The only lunge in BO2 knifing is when you are with your combat knife out or ballistic knife and youre directly in front of him and even then, its a small little lunge and you are capable of dying (I have many times) and the knife can sometimes fail, now I like it because knife slash kills only in front of you at the time you press r3, no more 360 knife slash or 10 feet knife slash kill.

T-boss

honostly i get more enoyed about being knifed in BO2 than i did in MW2. and MW2 had worseknifing problem. i get annoyed by it because the paper knife that the game taught to be a joke actuayl worked for someone.

walloop

the knifing in blops 2 is broken to pieces. Every time i try to stab someone in the back they move just in time for the knife to fail, they end up seeing me or turning around and kill me. Id rather have knife lunge in the game than the knife being a useless piece of ****.