1 2 3 4 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 2:31 PM by gallp13 Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Night and inclement weather maps would be cool...
    nicedrewishfela

I put my thoughts on the topic on this thread... http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200424408?tstart=0

Basically I would love to see variable weather on the maps, and see maps played in both day and night settings.

• 11. Re: Night and inclement weather maps would be cool...

Not only specialized maps, but game modes specifically for them. A playlist with wager/community style modes for night maps.

• 12. Re: Night and inclement weather maps would be cool...
    gallp13

A like n a bump.....great idea!

• 13. Re: Night and inclement weather maps would be cool...

Inclement weather is a great idea, but what about hostile terrain or other detrimental weather? only thing i can tthink of for this is extremely hot weather cauusing heat damage from exertion or possibly poisonous plants.

Even better maybe a factory of automated machines that would actively attack you but can kill if you get in their path.

• 14. Re: Night and inclement weather maps would be cool...

Great idea! Just like some previous maps treyarch implemented some of this, I always thought they could do more.

Natural environments together with environmental science and technology could make a more interactive concept, hell, there are many ways to make a cool map like that.

• 15. Re: Night and inclement weather maps would be cool...
    CODRocks131

Original poster makes a huge point. Makin Night was a fun map because it had that night time to it. There was another map in WAW DLC that I cant really remember is called, but it was also at night and it one fun because of that aspect. Who here thinks war only happens during the day and during scheduled daytime hours? Obviously it doesnt, so why should the maps we play on? They shouldnt, plain and simple. The maps just arent fun anymore. Im sure there are a lot of good ideas to make the maps fun again if they can include night hours, inclement weather, or hazards. I think if they could make a version of each map to include a day time and night time version, that would be amazing,

I have a few ideas and I'm sure not everyone will agree that their good, I just think they would be fun. Let me know what you think and add your own ideas and lets see what we come up with.

1. Night Time: So dark you could see the flash from the guns as their fired. It would also make the experience of explosions a little more fun too in my opinion.

2. Severe Weather: This could go so many ways. How about a severe lightning storm? Gusty winds that make it so hard to be accurate? Terrential rain that reaks havoc on the player? Im sure this idea could turn into a fun map, especially with some pretty creative players/designers

Sorry but I have to go to work now. I will try to edit later for more ideas but dont have time to do it now. Let me know what some of yours are.

• 16. Re: Night and inclement weather maps would be cool...
    IcyRapture

I think a small city with a few large buildings and few small buildings. It should be a snowy map with any clouds and a dim light from the clouds from the sun, it should allow players to go into the buildings, but the biggest one collapses around 5 minutes in game, and everybody who's in it is killed. But the collapsed building builds a small little area to fight in, so the entire map is real hardcore and you get to watch a building collapse.

If possible I would like to see footprints stay in the snow, like let's say in the map the snow is 4-5 inches, you should leave footprints and by the end of the match it would be filled with them.

• 17. Re: Night and inclement weather maps would be cool...
    rankismet

IcyRapture wrote:

I think a small city with a few large buildings and few small buildings. It should be a snowy map with any clouds and a dim light from the clouds from the sun, it should allow players to go into the buildings, but the biggest one collapses around 5 minutes in game, and everybody who's in it is killed. But the collapsed building builds a small little area to fight in, so the entire map is real hardcore and you get to watch a building collapse.

If possible I would like to see footprints stay in the snow, like let's say in the map the snow is 4-5 inches, you should leave footprints and by the end of the match it would be filled with them.

Love this idea...

... a previous poster made me think about a map with geysers that would shoot like old faithful in the middle of the map.

• 18. Re: Night and inclement weather maps would be cool...
    avengedyesterday

I'd love to see a time and weather system put in place. You could either play the map during the day or during the night. You could possibly play in a light rain storm or a heavy one, you could possibly play during a snow storm.

I like seeing interactive maps I doubt we will see weather any time soon. I'm interested in seeing what exactly will be in the maps. I hope there are more things like radiation. I like the idea of being able to change the playing field without destroying it.

• 19. Re: Night and inclement weather maps would be cool...

So basically..... another Kowloon? o_O

1 2 3 4 Previous Next