20 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2012 1:07 PM by padiego RSS

Whaddya think about dropshotters?

codcanuck

What's your opinion on dropshotters? Are they "noobish" and "cowardly" or are they using a legitimate tactic?

• Re: Whaddya think about dropshotters?

legit tactic that everyone has acess to

nintendon't

It's a legitimate but cheap tactic used by tryhards. Treyarch really needs to go back to the Black Ops prone system where it wasn't so easy to do.

In real life its impossible to start laying on the floor as someones shooting bullets at you and accurately shoot at them....silly Infinity Ward bullshit.

There is nothing cheap about it, its very easily countered. A drop shot is countered by a jump shot .. nothing to it

padiego

I remember back in in BO, everytime I tried to dropshot, I would dolphin dive over people.
      Guys, a good piece of advise. Try to get rid of the call of duty habits. If BO2 fails, that's it for the CoD franchise. Then you will all have to move on to better built FPS. And let me tell you. Dropshotting and rushing......Haha. All other FPS aren't as rewarding or as easy as CoD. You can dropshot, but it takes SO FREAKING LONG TO DO SO, and you can't rush, or else risk getting ambushed by a billion people. You have to play smart.

FFS, there is nothing wrong with drop shoting.

The fvcking elitests in this game need to stop complaining about everything. From complaining about support killstreak to OP guns it is getting old. If it is in the game and you don't have to hack to do it then it is legit. Deal with it, beacuse life ISN'T fair!!

I always get a kick when I see the "you can't do that in real life, so why have it in the game." response or the ever popular "I don't do it so it must be cheap". Come on. In real life, you don't respawn.  That is the biggest flaw in the game for a realist.  Maybe we should tell Activision we want it to be totally realistic!   So no dropshotting or halo type of jumping..and oh yeah, the first time you die, you can never play the game again as a gun will pop out of the console and shoot you dead.  Or when someone calls in a stealth bomber a B2 will fly over your neightborhood and bomb the crap outta ya.  Or maybe they can hook up with the army and send over a cobra to take out your house. 

Now talk about a game where everyone would camp!  lol

Godsmack, you know as well as I do that if it kills you, it's cheap (guns, perks, playstyle,  etc...).  Come on man!  What's wrong with you?  lol

Linyao

Im not found of it i think it should be slower like in black ops it is kinda dumb to instantly drop like that.

fissuresofrequent

I don't now what is so bad about dropshotting. It doesn't annoy me when I get killed by it. The most ridiculous thing I've been called a noob for is dropshotting. 0_0 I can't stop dropshotting. It a instant reflex I have with the wii remote.

People just need to stop compaling about every little feather that gets in their way.

skmace14

Look at it this way: if you're going up against a drop shotter and you start shhoting before they go prone, then as soon as they start going prone you're gonna get a headshot (if your aim is any good). Drop shotting only works effectively against people who are bad at aiming to begin with, hip firing, bad control, etc. Now if they go prone before you start shooting, how hard is it to aim down or prone the same as them? I guarantee that you'll catch the person off guard if you go prone immediately after them

No. Its not cheap at all. Y'all have more legitimate things to complain about besides this crap. Geez.

McZOMBI

It all depends, I find myself doing it sometimes just as a reaction or if the situation calls for it. It's a legitimate tactic against FMG9s, Strikers etc. or if you're caught reloading/calling in killstreaks. I also do it if I'm using an 1887 just to give me a chance in hell if I miss my first shot (I halo jump like crazy with that gun too, sue me). I certainly wouldn't run around with an SMG doing drop shots for every kill, I'd feel a complete idiot. So it's like everything else in this game, a legititmate tactic that's abused by some.

fissuresofrequent

Jump to dropshot is where it's at :3

I'm a dropshotter.

Sue me.

Well I sometimes do it. It is effective, but I see what you mean when other people do it all the time when they see someone.

And it is sort of a 50/50 risk. I've done a lot of dropshots and have been headshotted many times. I miss the dolphin dive