20 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2012 11:38 PM by Noob_Lyncher RSS

COD: MLG?

I've been playing COD since MW2, and bought every COD game since, and enjoyed all of them, but it's starting to get boring now, theres not much competitivness, it's just to easy, and not as fun anymore, so i've gone back to halo, which i like playing because there's the element of skill, and competitiveness that COD lacks, so i just think COD should do as halo do, and make an 'MLG' playlist, which only include skillful maps, weapons, perks etc, and so the people that are good at the game can have a competitive playlist, instead of just playing easy game after easy game. I hope they do introduce this playlist, surely it can't be that hard to make?

• Re: COD: MLG?

They had a competitive mode in Black Ops that was supposed to be more or less MLG rules, like the Express playlist though it hardly got used.

Maybe 300 people on at a time.

Problem is, i don't think many people would have been aware that it was more or less MLG settings, So they should just name it 'MLG' so maybe more people would know it was, and more people would play

Naming it "MLG" would require it to be an official playlist, which would require MLG being paid money to have it on there.

I wish people would just give up on this silly idea; it was a waste of space in Black Ops, it will be in any CoD.

Just make a private playlist and be happy about it, I don't see why people feel the need to water down a game just to feel superior, makes no sense.

bludevilchief

I don't think you understand the way things work.

Company A makes a product. Company B develops a method for using that product. SO COMPANY A HAS TO PAY COMPANY B TO USE THAT METHOD???

Halo2 those were the days, best online gaming to date in regards to competition, skill, and teamwork

Lunartrick79

Honestly who cares about MLG? I think you should be able to use ANYTHING in the game to kill someone.Not have rules for it.You payed $60-65 for a game you should be able to use anything in it.MLG is a bunch of nerdy,fat, stupid ppl who think gameing will support them for the rest of there lives.Why dont all you MLG nerds go out into the real world and get something called a real job.

adw1983

What do you think bystanders said about football, hockey and most sports?

Gaming requires skills, and there are people making a living from it.

In the future, more people may be professional players, if more games get time on TV.

CoD4 is the only competetive viable CoD however.

Lunartrick79

it is nothing like other sports.In other sports you actually get to move.Playing games you are most of the time sitting down.Hints one makes you get up and move.While another makes you sit down.MLG is not a sport and i dont care what people say at all.Its a video game if you have skills on a video game honestly who cares.

DaRyuujin

I guess racing wether is nascar, formula D (Formula D ftw!!), rally racing, indie car etx isnt a sport because you sit down?

Video games can be VERY competitive and when you take certain factors out (things that make the game too easier) and put players on a level playing ground then there can be INTENSE battles, and when you and another team is going for a $10K+ prize then you have GOT to have insanely quick reflexes (like in sports) have GREAT teamwork skills (like in sports) have great concentration (like in sports)  and be VERY precise with every you do (like in sports!!!) and as for who cares? sponser's thats who, there are people out there who get free TOP of the like $250+ gaming headsets for FREE, get high end TVs for FREE, get flown out to events for FREE so OBVIOUSLY somebody cares besides MLG fans of course

sure its not as much money as NFL players get and such, but guess what when those sports first got started they werent as huge as they are now and the actual MLG circuit has grown alot from when it first started and there is no telling how MUCH it will grow, especially when some games and break sales records beating out MOVIES mw3 in its opening weekend made over 400 MILLION, while the avengers movie holds the opening movie record of 200 million in its opening weekend (and that movie holds the current record) so its obvious that the gaming industry is become HUGE so why wouldnt MLG get more and more recognition? is grown so much w/o being televised (except like g4tv) So i could very well see it getting bigger with the way the gaming indurstry is becoming so huge

Luna (like in sports)rtrick79 wrote:

it is nothing like other sports.In other sports you actually get to move.Playing games you are most of the time sitting down.Hints one makes you get up and move.While another makes you sit down.MLG is not a sport and i dont care what people say at all.Its a video game if you have skills on a video game honestly who cares.

Lunartrick79

So what your saying is just you useing your weapon and nothing else requires so much skill?Noobtubes and Explosives in this game are downgraded heavily and yet some are still not allowed in "MLG"... or "Hardcore Nerd Gaming". I think you should be able to use whatever is in the game so long as you get the kill and win.If you get killed by a noobtube in this game then honestly you need to stop playing bc it 90% of the time takes two noobtubes to kill someone.So if it takes two of them and not one why wouldnt it be allowed in MLG? Oh I no why bc they wanna take away dam near everything and make MLG easy.Who honestly gives about MLG i think you should just play the game.Setting rules like MLG does change the game.Also go play on there playlists? Why dont they play on our playlists oh thats right bc theyd get beat bc its not what there use to.Just like me going to there playlists id most likely get beat bc im use to mine.

adw1983

Because noone plays chess, poker or other sports of mind and/or reflexes and get paid.

Seriously.

So there are no pro poker players they make no money lol why is it on the TV all the time. Also there are ppl that make a living playing and teaching chess .

adw1983

My point exactly.
        I tried to reply to the guy above me telling us that only muscle can pay, but I replied to OP and forgot to form it as a question

MLG is forced "competitive". Why on earth should the player(s) who have to limit a game and set rules that change the nature of a game be considered "skilled"?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks MLG, GB, their players and their fans are trash.

LoNeZiLLa

Delusional people these days...

The reasoning behind MLG's settings is to make a playlist that is almost completely based on raw skill, teamwork, and smarts. By raw skill, I mean basically just your gun and nothing else to aid you to get that kill.

And many people do make LIVINGS playing MLG and Decerto!

Oh and guess what? Treyarch is making Black Ops 2 a competitive based game, which David Vonderhaar has stated MANY times. He also supports the MLG community and is trying to make Headquarters an MLG Gametype. He asked the Pro players "How would the spawns have to work in order to make Headquarters MLG?"

For all these haters, how about you go and play some of these MLG players on their playlist before you make dumb assumptions on how good they are.

One more thing, people play MLG because public matches are too EASY.

DaRyuujin

I'm sorry but I DEF dont agree with this right here I've heard TONS of people say that after they get their ASS kicked in a public lobby, I'm not saying MLG people arent good, but they are good at a ploaylist where they dont have to do deal with the easy mode bullshit MLG playlists take out. but when they get in public lobbies the whole game changes up because t hen that class you used that required your skill can now be out performed by a rapid fire pp90 hipfire from a n00b, while the legit good players that play public lobbies have balanced out classes that they are used to useing to deal with **** like that so they have an advantage.

what I'm saying is that if 2 teams of = skill level from each type of playlist go head to head what ever team with homefeild advantage will most likely be the winner just because the conditions favor them and their classes the most

LoNeZiLLa wrote:

Delusional people these days...

One more thing, people play MLG because public matches are too EASY.

If this were true then ALL tacticals, lethals and perks would be banned. Nothing but your primary gun. But is that the case? Nope, instead we get

spawn>chuck tactical at choke point>chuck another tactical>chuck lethal>Kill?>death?>repeat>kill>kill>death>reapeat>death>repeat.

Noob_Lyncher

Skillful maps? That's a laugh. Maybe they should just bring back a single perfectly balanced map, like Shipment. I love when "MLG" players think that they deserve stuff because they choose to put MLG in their gamertag or bio, or because they play a certain way. Just go to the clan section and look for teams that might want to play against you. Simple as that.

With all the dumb crap that IW needs to fix in this game, adding a playlist because a few people want it seems kinda low on the list.

You aren't MLG in MW3 unless you get riot shield bullet deflect kills on a daily basis.

The only way i could see MLG being in MW3 would be if only the MP5, The first bolt action sniper (L18?), Cm901(or M4A1), Model 1887, and the riot shield. being the only weapons. With handguns as secondaries, and no perks enabled. Proficiencies would be fine.

Clearly no killstreaks. Only tactical grenades (Flash/stun/smoke) and only frags and throwing knives for lethals.

That's really the only way for it to be "Balanced" Otherwise everyone will just use EZ mode guns like the PP90, MP7, ACR, Striker. Etc etc.

Noob_Lyncher

Maybe MLG players should use no perks, no frags or tacticals, and handguns only. That seems as balanced as it'll get. Oh, and no knifing either, as 1-hit kill weapons aren't MLG material.