1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 59 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 1:27 AM by Vic27 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: What's the general consensus on shotguns these days?? VIDEO NOW ATTACHED!!!

I dont mid them but when the spread of shot is so wide they dont even have to be aiming near you, its a bit ridiculous.  Also, if its buckshot; it shouldnt cause as much damage as it seems to on 'Long Shots'.

• 31. Re: What's the general consensus on shotguns these days?? VIDEO NOW ATTACHED!!!
    Thesandman

I find them to unreliable and find it hard to know what range or distance to use them at.

I do think they are noobish and easy to use in Hardcore but in Core they are not in any noobish.

• 32. Re: What's the general consensus on shotguns these days?? VIDEO NOW ATTACHED!!!
    whytie84

I think your right. It would have been good if i had done this on my main account. I know for a fact if I were to do it now I would probably struggle. It seems to be the way it goes for me on that account.

Although I would appear to be getting worse games now since patches 1.13 and 1.14. I'm pulling host with 10mb down and 1mb up all the time. My fun account aint so much fun anymore :(

• 33. Re: What's the general consensus on shotguns these days?? VIDEO NOW ATTACHED!!!

Your like me, i've only just found my love for the shotguns - USAS in particular. Its so much fun and i actually get stressed less when using them. Damage and Extended mags all the way! I started using them before my last prestige and it took forever to rank up, but coming up to my next prestige i left the gun 3 kills short of being rewarded 10000xp, i prestiged then used my double weapon xp token i was up to lvl 12 after my first match

• 34. Re: What's the general consensus on shotguns these days?? VIDEO NOW ATTACHED!!!

Your like me, i've only just found my love for the shotguns - USAS in particular. Its so much fun and i actually get stressed less when using them. Damage and Extended mags all the way! I started using them before my last prestige and it took forever to rank up, but coming up to my next prestige i left the gun 3 kills short of being rewarded 10000xp, i prestiged then used my double weapon xp token i was up to lvl 12 after my first match

• 35. Re: What's the general consensus on shotguns these days?? VIDEO NOW ATTACHED!!!
    vims1990

What really irks me about players who consider shotguns OP are the one's who haven't used it themselves.

Can someone please explain how shotguns are OP because this video below clearly shows my frustration using a shotgun over any Assault Rifle & SMG in MW3.

Also, Final Stand is more annoying to deal with using a shotgun.

• 36. Re: What's the general consensus on shotguns these days?? VIDEO NOW ATTACHED!!!
    whytie84

Ah I feel your pain, I have used the model myself but not got range as yet. Final stand is a killer for shottys, even the usas. If I'm 3ft away and put a guy in final stand, the time it takes me To adjust my aim and fire to finish him is too great and I get killed. With a model it must be even worse, especially with 3 hitmarkers or so to put him down.

I can't help notice u hip fired alot, aiming down the site helped me get more one hit kills with it. I know it takes longer to ADS than to hip fire. What I used to do in mw2 and still do on mw3 is half ADS then fire. Almost like a QS. Maybe try that out?

• 37. Re: What's the general consensus on shotguns these days??

In real life they shoot and do insane amounts of damage and kill from much, much farther away.

• 38. Re: What's the general consensus on shotguns these days??

I honestly think this happens because the shotties make you think a lot more about your play, you have to put thought and work into everthing you do and end up with much better scores because of this. Sometimes when I'm doing poorly, having a bad session, I equip terrible weapons like the M16 because it makes me focus back in.

• 39. Re: What's the general consensus on shotguns these days?? VIDEO NOW ATTACHED!!!

I absolutlely love shotguns, they've always been one of my great shooter game loves. If it wasn't for all the lag and hit detection issues of the game, they would absolutely be awesome and just ridiculously fun. As it is tho, I've almost learned most times not to even mind when I have to 3 shot people with my model or ksg, I don't mind so much getting the mind blowing hit markers because I've learned to enjoy how they make you bob and weave - they make you a much better player and I really enjoy what the shotguns add to an otherwise sometimes boring game.

In your shotgun journey I would say absolutely stick to the model and get that baby with dmg in gold, it's just to fun not too and it does improve drastically with dmg. If you don't mind playing it sometimes if you don't get the terrible connections, hardcore is great to lvl shotguns. You can even just play cowboys, only pump shotguns, bolt snipers and revolver pistols. For lethal equip. only t knives and C4, and tactical only smoke is allowed.

The second shotgun setup worth giving a go is the KSG with silencer and range, I didn't have much luck with the KSG even with dmg, and honestly wasn't having a ton of fun with it - the silencer setup changed all that . Now I shotgun on both my accounts haha.