33 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 2:00 PM by Chicago563 RSS

Remember when....

wajackbauer

People during Black Ops time said that we couldn't have the different reticle shapes and colours because there wasn't enough RAM. Now we have the different reticle shapes in MW3.

So I guess the MW3 disc does the impossible and adds RAM to the Wii?

No points for spotting sarcasm.

• Re: Remember when....

So a disc adds RAM huh? Who knew.

Convict7

Well... ok?

But we did have same options for reticles and their colours in BO as we do in MW3...

McZOMBI

Could have been true for Black Ops at the time, progress in the way the game is ported for Wii has probably lead to a more effecient use of the Wii's RAM allowing for more features. It makes sense that the devs would get better at utilising the Wii's power with every game.

We couldn't have custom reticles on RDS and other sights that use them in Black Ops. The reticles in MW3 are ready on the disc to be rendered, while the BO ones would have to be rendered in real-time as it isn't on the disc, but the shapes are on the disc.

padiego

Maybe it was because in black ops, it was CUSTOMIZABLE reticles and lenses while on MW3 , they're preset.....Could be, just a wild guess...

All I remember is people whining about the best guns and calling them OP. Oh, and when will we get maxi packs!!!

padiego

I remember when everyone's wii started breaking, then how everyone starting spamming nintendo, whining for free repairs, and then later, everyone blamed the people who whined for free repairs for ruining the chance of wii ever getting map packs. I remember how kweagle made that post about how to fix your wii using a toothbrush, peanut butter, a dog and a pineapple. Ahh....I don't know if you remember motherbrain or not.....it was hilarious to see him stalk ai sniper.

padiego wrote:

I I remember how kweagle made that post about how to fix your wii using a toothbrush, peanut butter, a dog and a pineapple. Ahh....I don't know if you remember motherbrain or not.....it was hilarious to see him stalk ai sniper.

Kweagles post was hilarious. And motherbrain, what happened to that mother?

skmace14

The world may never know..

padiego

Motherbrain moved to the xbox community along with Ai Sniper. When I found out that Ai Sniper had moved to the xbox community.....a part of me died.

nintendon't

I never got why people in the Wii community look at the Xbox as if its some holy grail.

I used to play on Xbox and I can honestly say I prefer the Wii. There's just a lot less bullshit going on. Not only that, but Wii games are more skill based seeing as there's no Chopper Gunner/AC-130/predator missile. The community is better for the most part too.

Xbox Live is a total rip off. The online system with lobbies, friends, and text messages is almost the same as Black Ops/MW3 Wii.. It's almost sickening how Microsoft has the balls to charge for it....

PikaBoo

All i remember is having fun for a while and then Blops murdered my Wii brutally. I hate it with a passion.

padiego

Its not black ops that murdered your wii, its youself who played constantly and without rest, probably didn't even take care of your wii, that's what killed it. Black ops had as much chance as mario kart had to kill your wii. In fact, i think godsmack's wii broke while playing mario kart..

Mine broke in reflex.

padiego wrote:

Its not black ops that murdered your wii, its youself who played constantly and without rest, probably didn't even take care of your wii, that's what killed it. Black ops had as much chance as mario kart had to kill your wii. In fact, i think godsmack's wii broke while playing mario kart..

momskirbyok

Padiego, that and it depended on how old your Wii was. Models that were made in 2007 were prone to this problem happening.  I played Black ops 3 hours a day and still, to this day, my Wii hasn't broke. My Wii was made in 2009 by the way. To keep your Wii from breaking, put it horizontal and keep a good, open space for it to circulate air through its fans.

padiego

Actually, horizontal makes it worse. I don't know who it was, but back in the black ops forums, someone told everyone that horizontal position for the wii would actually make it worse, since the wii was meant to be played upright.

My wii...i had since 2009...i think. I forgot when I got my wii, but it was right before reflex came out. Sometime in october 2009. Its running strong. To be fair, I never really hardcore played my wii like some people(one of my friends played reflex for 24 hours and monster hunter tri for 21 right after. Should've seen his eyes, they were RED), reflex I never really played much(which is one of the reasons i actually enjoyed it, see, reflex is the kind of game that's enjoyable because you just play it to play it, when in fact the game's total garbage). Then I played black ops. Damn. Its the game that got me back into playing Cod hardcore. Release day, i played the whole campaign. Since my internet was out, i replayed the campaign for 2-3 weeks(It got boring, but i wanted to be trained when the internet came back. I couldn't really use the neighbor's internet because it was SLOW, it barely loaded the BO forums ). Then, when i got into multiplayer, JESUS. It was amazing, i loved the heck out of it. Right around january, BO got boring for me, so i looked for a clan. I joined TNH(now DMC) and i been on it since. BO was fun, it never got boring and repetetive until around october. Then i never really played it much. Then MW3 came out. I tried it. Its garbage. Then i thought,"Hey, its wii, maybe its better on other consoles". Then I went to a friends house, played MW3 there for a few hours, before i almost broke his xbox with a cheese grater. It was that horrible. Wait.....i dont know how offtopic i got here......ermm....what was i talking about?

padiego wrote:

Actually, horizontal makes it worse. I don't know who it was, but back in the black ops forums, someone told everyone that horizontal position for the wii would actually make it worse, since the wii was meant to be played upright.

Lay it flat. All the vents are open that way. Mine runs nice and quiet now it lays flat..

PikaBoo

I only get to play during the weekends for an hour or two before I have to go to work, so no I'm not one of those 12 year olds who plays all day to pause a minute only to use the bathroom and grab a bite, possibly at the same time. It wasn't even that old, i don't think. I didn't get it during launch and I bought it new a while after Reflex came out so I just happened to get a defective Wii? Although back then I don't think i used the stand so it probably was overheating. i still hate it with a passion but I'm not gonna lie and say it wasn't partially my fault

Yup, mario kart broke my wii. Mine was an '07 model. For $75 we sent it in, got a new cd drive and it has been playing reasonably well ever since. Mine has always been upright, although it does make some noise. Maybe I need to try it laying flat. I was always under the assumption that , like Kirby said, upright is better.

PikaBoo

so which is better? upright or laying down? Since I've started playing it upright I haven't had any problems but if horizontal is better...well I just dont want my Wii to break again I actually like playing my wii

I have a 07 model, never broke

with the newer ones, the wii is designed to be horizontal, as they dont come with a stand or the little rubber things on the bottom i think. however, the old ones had a stand and were probably better off vertical. ( i now own a new wii, as my 2010 model broke. it fell a few times too. so i dont know if that contributed to it that much...)

PikaBoo

sniper moved? D:
    hey, whatever happened to powder? that guy was funny but i got left out during blops. And Izoc too? I'm his biggest fan :]

Izoc and powder are both og generals

and sniper ? you mean ai sniper aka hybrid? he stopped gaming i think.

padiego

He didn't stop gaming, he moved to the darkside because they promised cookies.

Powder's still around but I guess he saw every other sane person from the old forums moved on. Now all that remains from the old days are a few randoms, a few trolls..

PikaBoo

silentshotnl wrote:

Izoc and powder are both og generals

and sniper ? you mean ai sniper aka hybrid? he stopped gaming i think.

original gamers OG? and what is this "stopped gaming" you speak of? lol
        And if you can get in touch with him [izoc] tell him his biggest fan is still alive! :O

fissuresofrequent

I never change the red dot

I hear that smoking can also make the lens dirty. My neighbor smokes, and sometimes I smell the smoke when I open the window. Can it somehow damage my wii even at that distance?

skmace14

think of it like pollen. just keep your vents clean and free of dust and you should be fine

What is something that I can use to clean the vents without messing up the wii? I have one of those horizontal wii models but I don't think that really matters.

padiego

If he's smoking tobacco, then it might cause some harm. But if its something harmless and clean like mary and juana, then you're fine. Really depends what kind of stoner your neighbor is.

Well he smokes cigarettes. However he smokes outside on his driveway or in his garage. So he is no where near my wii. However I can smell some of that smoke when the windows are open. There can't be any way this smoke can get into my wii since he isn't close to the wii right?