1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2012 3:58 PM by esmorgue Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    esmorgue

pazuzu16 wrote:

Being 41 years old i've been playing vidoe games since the Atari 2600 when it came out back in 1977. So i have seen how much better the games have become. Sports, racing, and other fps have gotten better. Not this game it has gotten worse since MW2.

As I am 33, I have also seen the leap and bounds that have been made. Hae enjoyed the entire ride. It is true that the peformance of this game is a serious decline from MW2. Hell, CoD4 in its prime played better than this game does.

• 21. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    zvers

"Live for nothing or die for something".

-John Rambo

• 22. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    esmorgue

zvers wrote:

"Live for nothing or die for something".

-John Rambo

Right on..man! We have to be vocal or literary about need ing to see improvement in the performance and function of these games. Just worrying about if they will take a perk out, or KS, or gun etc. etc. is all well and good. Yet, the core issue is... how will we honestyly know how well these features are/will working/work if the game plays like crap.

Thee should be no reason on this planet that the the games online performance get worse. Yet, steadily on these Forums focus on trivial crap, then when the game starts playing like crap and continues to, all of a sudden they are so concerned. "We need Local Matchmaking..hubbububububgrrrrrrr" Well do you think they are going to to take the time to do so while making/testing DLC? Hell no.

So in short...It would be in everyone's best interest to get involved ahead of the nest game. If you chose to focus on nnit pick, eyecandy, so be it. Just know I will flame thee for it when I see complaints about performance issues.

• 23. Re: Well it is that time of year again...

esmorgue wrote:

.......I have seen 2 years go by of being completely dishonorable mentions of the game being fixed. More people need to stand up for themselves and others and ask the Developers to address the issues stated above immediately.

The problem is that the game is mostly played by stupid brainwashed sheeps & kids/teenagers/wannabe zzzirgrizz's who have no own opinion and buy everything that has the name Call Of Duty on it. That's the best group of players that a developer can get. They demand nothing even how bad a game is.

Personally I don't think the series will ever change because the developers refuse to fix the core issues of the series. Also I won't buy BO2 or any future game of the COD Series unless they make the jump onto dedicated servers.

They have also gone too far this casual bullshit. To be good you have to train like an athlete does. You can't expect to be good "out of the box" like in the last games. That's what me bothers most.

• 24. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    esmorgue

The problem is that the game is mostly played by stupid brainwashed sheeps & kids/teenagers/wannabe zzzirgrizz's who have no own opinion and buy everything that has the name Call Of Duty on it. That's the best group of players that a developer can get. They demand nothing even how bad a game is.

Personally I don't think the series will ever change because the developers refuse to fix the core issues of the series. Also I won't buy BO2 or any future game of the COD Series unless they make the jump onto dedicated servers.

They have also gone too far this casual bullshit. To be good you have to train like an athlete does. You can't expect to be good "out of the box" like in the last games. That's what me bothers most.

R: Well put and very but sadly true. I wouldn't mind if they moved to a well maintained dedicated server system platform. I wouldnt mind spending the extra cash if it would improve these situations even more. Yet that is the problem as stated by you above.

The children in my opinion, are the reason however minutely the reason this shift has not been made. They have no control of money that would, if it had to be, shoveled out for the dedis.

I am just so sick of year of year of coming on these Forums just like some do also. With a intention to help the Community make a difference in the way the game plays, issues with certain mechanics. While others want as you say, get catered to about meaningless crap that achieves nothing but the Developers getting away with ignoring online performance quality.

• 25. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    rankismet

pazuzu16 wrote:

Being 41 years old i've been playing vidoe games since the Atari 2600 when it came out back in 1977. So i have seen how much better the games have become. Sports, racing, and other fps have gotten better. Not this game it has gotten worse since MW2.

Having more miles under my belt than I care to admit (though not as many as my dear friend, Cable)...

... I have to disagree about COD not getting better since MW2. IW has regressed since COD4... while every TA game has been better than the last.

BO is my second favorite title. I think BO2 has a chance to be the best to date while MW3 may be the first COD I sell.

It's been a massive disappointment.

• 26. Re: Well it is that time of year again...

Cod4 was a good one in it's prime

• 27. Re: Well it is that time of year again...

rankismet wrote:

pazuzu16 wrote:

Having more miles under my belt than I care to admit (though not as many as my dear friend, Cable)...

... I have to disagree about COD not getting better since MW2. IW has regressed since COD4... while every TA game has been better than the last.

BO is my second favorite title. I think BO2 has a chance to be the best to date while MW3 may be the first COD I sell.

It's been a massive disappointment.

For me Black ops played well the first 3 months it was out, then it got really bad for a while. it did get better but it wasn't as good as it was when it first came out.

• 28. Re: Well it is that time of year again...

Nice first post.

Don't forget to mention HD install. My BR Drive is making odd noises.... Again :'(

Black Ops the first, was horrible to me as one that had played MW2 knew decent internet meant a slight advantage. So yes I purchased decent internet, and Black Ops AND MW3 screwed me and a lot of others over.

I couldn't care less about weapons, killstreaks, perks blah blah blah - as long as the game is smooth in itself and I'm not paired up with someone half way across the world.

Having been through hell and back with this game, I'll be relying on reports from everyone on how the game runs. I won't be buying until I see the forums from a week in, of the game being released.

• 29. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    esmorgue

I thought that I did. If not I will amend. Also remember to find robsstangs thread for HD Install option on the Black Ops 2 forum.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next