1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2012 3:58 PM by esmorgue Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    r8edtripx

    esmorgue wrote:

     

    I somewhat do believe that they focus on DLC. Things that can appease disgruntled customers, ease the customers reservations of possibly buying DLC.

     

    Look at all the effort into making Game Modes, Extra "Free" Maps. " Give them more pretty boards, and games to play..they'll shut up". Senseable customers are the ones who say " Well thats all well and good, what about addressing issues that will keep me and others from buying that crap?"

    Maybe appeasing disgruntled customers is part of their evil plan, but you have to know that the devs are perfectly aware of the matchmaking issues. I think "forumites" should bring up the core big issues as well as the smaller less consequential issues because they're all part of the game. (or what we wish would be a part of the game)

  • 51. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    esmorgue

    r8edtripx wrote:

     

    esmorgue wrote:

     

    I somewhat do believe that they focus on DLC. Things that can appease disgruntled customers, ease the customers reservations of possibly buying DLC.

     

    Look at all the effort into making Game Modes, Extra "Free" Maps. " Give them more pretty boards, and games to play..they'll shut up". Senseable customers are the ones who say " Well thats all well and good, what about addressing issues that will keep me and others from buying that crap?"

    Maybe appeasing disgruntled customers is part of their evil plan, but you have to know that the devs are perfectly aware of the matchmaking issues. I think "forumites" should bring up the core big issues as well as the smaller less consequential issues because they're all part of the game. (or what we wish would be a part of the game)

    That is my point in this Thread...

     

    All year long, even before the games come out. The majority worry about the less consequential/fluff more then they do the Core issues of performance. Then when they arent feeling as if they are getting a fair shake at a good experience, they then turn "OMG,WTF, WTH" and all that other nonsense.

     

    It doesnt matter how many things that they put 'uber cool' in the game. The more they add 80+% of the time they screw the game up, because it is a new additive that has not really been tested online.

  • 52. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    r8edtripx

    esmorgue wrote:

     

    r8edtripx wrote:

     

    esmorgue wrote:

     

    I somewhat do believe that they focus on DLC. Things that can appease disgruntled customers, ease the customers reservations of possibly buying DLC.

     

    Look at all the effort into making Game Modes, Extra "Free" Maps. " Give them more pretty boards, and games to play..they'll shut up". Senseable customers are the ones who say " Well thats all well and good, what about addressing issues that will keep me and others from buying that crap?"

    Maybe appeasing disgruntled customers is part of their evil plan, but you have to know that the devs are perfectly aware of the matchmaking issues. I think "forumites" should bring up the core big issues as well as the smaller less consequential issues because they're all part of the game. (or what we wish would be a part of the game)

    That is my point in this Thread...

     

    All year long, even before the games come out. The majority worry about the less consequential/fluff more then they do the Core issues of performance. Then when they arent feeling as if they are getting a fair shake at a good experience, they then turn "OMG,WTF, WTH" and all that other nonsense.

     

    It doesnt matter how many things that they put 'uber cool' in the game. The more they add 80+% of the time they screw the game up, because it is a new additive that has not really been tested online.

    The "forumites" should talk about the big and small of it all IMO, because the devs are definitely aware of the big but may not be so aware of the small.

     

    It looks like what you want is for the devs to put a halt on any fluff work and devote all their resources to figuring out the big issues like matchmaking. I'd have to say, this would not be a bad thing. I will say, however, that the chances of this happening remain exactly the same, whether we get the "forumites" to concentrate on posting big issue stuff or not.

     

    Either way, I can see your point and I'm sure you can see mine.

  • 53. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    esmorgue

    I definitely understand yours. I have no issue with making sure things that are in the game work. They should.

     

    Let me clarify a little. When the Forum first opened up. There was of course very little to talk about. It had been stated by fourzerotwo that SP as a Perk had been removed, Commando, OMA...blah.blah.blah.

     

    Yet very little attention was focused on how well the game was going to perform, if the same system for netcoding, matchmaking, connectivity was going to be used.

     

    That is why I started this http://www.callofduty.com/message/205322754#205322754

    way back when.

     

    Really what i am getting at with this Thread is that, a new game is on it's way. Time should be used that has been given to us to call upon Vahn and Staff to ensure us that we will not be going through the issues that we did last year. It is somewhaat pointless to all of a sudden to wakr up after 6 months of a game being out and trying to make a stand for improvements to how a game runs. As a Developer has stated to me many times, week we arent having many complaints about how the game runs except for a few.

     

    What they are being bombasted with is...

     

    Shotgun NO killy in 1 hit...Buff

    me Druganov no 1 hit kill..buff

    and things of such nature that depend on matchmaking performing well and the Developers getting the gam erunning as smooth as possible.

  • 54. Re: Well it is that time of year again...

    What, you didnt get the memo... the civil war ended over a hundered years ago... you lost, reality, integrity, and equality won.

  • 55. Re: Well it is that time of year again...

    I will add that if ANY of these devs ever ended up having to serve a real COD, they'd be more lost than any pogue I met.  Id bet a cool grand that NONE of them have EVER held a real weapon.

  • 56. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    esmorgue

    1Re78GS234 wrote:

     

    What, you didnt get the memo... the civil war ended over a hundered years ago... you lost, reality, integrity, and equality won.

    You just made absolutely no sense to anyone other than yourself....

  • 57. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    ghamorra

    I think it was a racist remark about how his vision of "common sense" ended with the Civil War and now everything is centered around appealing to everyone and making sure we are all "winners"

     

    My interpretation

  • 58. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    esmorgue

    I imagine it was and therefore he is as ignorant as his comment was.

  • 59. Re: Well it is that time of year again...
    esmorgue

    Better ISP service will do nothing.

     

    As I stated in the original post. Why worry about how the game is destroying your enjoyment now? Keep asking for a better Theater, Stealth Perk, weapons.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next