1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2012 9:18 AM by carloskilla Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Death streaks ? support package with a stealth bomber ? getting rewarded for sucking is what i see.

I agree with the initial ideas, but also disagree in how they were executed.

We've been on both spectrums here, regarding Deathstreaks. Should they appear in the Call of Duty series? Probably not, but if they are, they should be done "correctly". Non-lethal Deathstreaks such as CopyCat, Revenge, and maybe Juiced could appear as Deathstreaks as they don't directly affect the opposing teams, and those that do, do it indirectly.

As for Support, definitely a good idea on paper, but...  it's not the way that they executed it, but the Support Killsteaks that are available. The Support idea, in general, could be re-worked so it isn't "abused", but Killstreaks such as the Stealth Bomber and EMP are overkill in this area. Although, it does allow beginners to play the game and still be rewarded and at the same time and cater to different groups. It steers away from "Call of Duty is about Killstreak Rewards", when, in this case, players can still play the game and get Killstreaks for their team and Parties.

You have to see this from another perspective. The reason ideas like this were (re)introduced is because they were targeting another audience: the casual players. They basically said, "here, we'll give you a start". I know why they did it, but do I agree with it? That's based on your prefernce.

• 51. Re: Death streaks ? support package with a stealth bomber ? getting rewarded for sucking is what i see.

carloskilla wrote:

i can tell you come here to take you anger on people, because you suck on the game.

its a post with an opinion out to see what others think. not to cry.

What anger? the only person that's angry is you because you keep getting owend by people that you think suck. So you can keep crying about it all you want. wipe youe eyes and grow up.

• 52. Re: Death streaks ? support package with a stealth bomber ? getting rewarded for sucking is what i see.

Ramalama wrote:

there should be something to counter the EMP. there's something to counter everything else in the game. EMP can be game changing, and earned with little to no skill.

Only if you have no aim and rely on the mini map to much. When the team i'm on gets EMP i slow my play down because the other team 90% of the time become reckless because they know your mini map is down so they tend to run out in the open. that's when i rack up my kills so when the EMP is over i hit them hard with my assault package.

• 53. Re: Death streaks ? support package with a stealth bomber ? getting rewarded for sucking is what i see.

Ramalama wrote:

there should be something to counter the EMP. there's something to counter everything else in the game. EMP can be game changing, and earned with little to no skill.

Um..Assassin!

• 54. Re: Death streaks ? support package with a stealth bomber ? getting rewarded for sucking is what i see.
    sennalike

For me the whole killstreak reward thing has gone way OTT.  I would prefer to go back to the 3-5-7 killstreaks only, all the additions do is mess the game up.  There was much more satisfaction getting dogs in W@W than any of the higher rewards in MW2, BO, or MW3.  With just the three rewards available players are more inclined to play the objectives.

• 55. Re: Death streaks ? support package with a stealth bomber ? getting rewarded for sucking is what i see.
    PoW_Gross_Jr

I dont have a problem with the stealth bomber being placed where it is at 14. The reason i say this is because it is alot harder to get to that point. When i get 16 or 17 kills with the support streak, its equivalent to a 20+ kill game with the assault streaks. Of course, i use the recon drone which takes some time away from kills, but i think the stealth bomber is the cherry on top of the sundae. If you play like i do, where you are running recon pro (and giving up sleight of hand) and throwing grenades around like crazy, and you are taking time away from kills to tag guys with the recon drone (and getting killed right away as soon as i launch it), you should be rewarded a little bit in the end. I feel like its something that rewards those guys who are giving up their k/d a little bit more with a decent killstreak to maybe make a little bit of that up.

• 56. Re: Death streaks ? support package with a stealth bomber ? getting rewarded for sucking is what i see.

I agree with deathstreaks are for bad players. But support is a must against people who dont play the objective in objective based games. If he was 6-36 and top dog is cause he was the best at collecting tags. He played the objective. Kd means nothing except tdm. The people who really suck are the ones who work up assault streaks camping in objective games just to wait till overtime to use them. Support was installed to try to stop them. I hate when i plant the bomb in 30 seconds and hear some scrub say let them defuse I didnt get my killstreaks. The point is to win. If you dont ever leave your teams spawn or pick up the bomb or get tags go play tdm. The reason they dont is if you check leaderboards tdm lobby they cant kill people who arent distracted by an objective. 6-36 top player that dude is good at kc dont hate.

• 57. Re: Death streaks ? support package with a stealth bomber ? getting rewarded for sucking is what i see.
    Snipingdbag

CarlosKilla, if you had a high spm, you would like support as much as scrubs do, well almost as it does get annoying. Camp much? You have a 3 kdr or something like that right, averaging how many points per game? Support is a good idea (promotes active and objective play), it just needs to be a tad harder to get. Easier than assault streaks but not as easy as it´s now. Though I don´t really mind it as it is, if I switch to support class I´ll get more emps and stealth bombers than scrubs / newbs get every game, while being a team player..

• 58. Re: Death streaks ? support package with a stealth bomber ? getting rewarded for sucking is what i see.
    carloskilla

hey, i was just saying they should bring the kills up a bit.

and nah im at 4 already... idk my spm shouldnt be low at all since i keep rushing on this game.

• 59. Re: Death streaks ? support package with a stealth bomber ? getting rewarded for sucking is what i see.
    carloskilla

not at all dude.

as i said, only posting my opinion out.

i barely loose so idk what are u talking about.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next