21 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 12:29 PM by Missing Snorlax RSS

Why don't people play objectives anymore?

Noob_Lyncher

I just played Domination against a full team on Mission who did nothing but sit in their own spawn and snipe. I guess that they though that they'd go positive or something by camping their spawn, but we made sure that they each had over 20 deaths and the Toxic title. I can't fathom why some people don't want to win the match. Doesn't it annoy you when you lose? We also get some people who do nothing but run around the entire match trying to get kills. That's perfectly fine if you're winning the match, but if you're losing, then you shouldn't be camping or kill whoring. I've seen this in MW3 more than any other CoD. I'm guessing that people realized how bad this one is compared to Black Ops and MW2, and just stopped caring.

• Re: Why don't people play objectives anymore?
    ghorman

Because someone felt stats were a good thing to put into objective games.  Get rid of KD and just count objective goals.

Noob_Lyncher

That's not feasible for people who only play objective games. I can't stand non objective games because the camping is even worse. I still can't believe that TDM is what got me hooked on CoD.

JBurn244

Regular TDM is a cess pool. Everything hated about the game is exploited, on purpose. Don't forget about the launcher spam, or firing Javelin rockets into the air to try and get lucky kills. It's also full of toolbags with 500 hours into the game, and 497 of it is TDM. I always think about how they probably got destroyed playing Domination, so they have to play TDM to beat up on weak players.

Domination is much cleaner in general, but as you said you still get jerks who don't play the objective and cost you the win. I always just tell them to go play TDM with the rest of the scrubs.

its been like that for a long time games like team defender and dropzone have to be the worst and sniper seem to be the worst for doing it

blb128

Noob_Lyncher wrote:

I just played Domination against a full team on Mission who did nothing but sit in their own spawn and snipe. I guess that they though that they'd go positive or something by camping their spawn, but we made sure that they each had over 20 deaths and the Toxic title. I can't fathom why some people don't want to win the match. Doesn't it annoy you when you lose? We also get some people who do nothing but run around the entire match trying to get kills. That's perfectly fine if you're winning the match, but if you're losing, then you shouldn't be camping or kill whoring. I've seen this in MW3 more than any other CoD. I'm guessing that people realized how bad this one is compared to Black Ops and MW2, and just stopped caring.

Blame K/D ratio. People camp because of K/D ratio and people don't play the objective because of K/D ratio. These people are very similar to boosters IMO. Make friends and play with a team. Its the only way I play these games anymore.

Noob_Lyncher

I always play with a team, but it's the people on the other team that i'm talking about. If they were holding 2 flags, they could trap us in our spawn and get easier kills if they care that much about their K/D. Why don't they just try that?

zingaa

You need to ask the guys (aerostryker) why they go 57-1 in Domination and then blame IW for the bad spawns

Noob_Lyncher

I never heard it called spawn capturing, but i'm just talking about people who don't even want to leave their spawn. It's just stupid. Do they have snacks in there or something? I don't want to rush their spawn to find out, but I would like some glazed donuts. Sure, it might be boring sitting in your own spawn the whole game when the other team is pretty much allowing you to run out, but if they've got a stockpile of food in there, maybe it's worth it.

here is the perspective from someone who is a kill whore (me).. I do not play in parties, I can.. but I dont, i like playing with newbs, against clans and groups because i mind "f them.. they think im a newb and ill go negative with the rest of the group. In actuallity,  ill be the only one that is 30-10, when everyone else is 7-32.. the opposing teams gets even more mad! its awesome!! thou they have a high KD.. One guy is ruining their chance of a MOAB, or multiple kill streaks.. HOW ANNOYING!! LOL all I hear when I kill them Is  " WOWWWWWW".. then when the game is over and they win, its kind of like they lost, because you get your kills, your kd is great, and you piss the oppoents off! ill play the objective if my team is good enough to play the objective. if not, im not going to join the negative ratio fan club lol

blb128

Spawn killing and spawn trap are two different things. If you spawn and die without being able to move you were spawn killed. If you spawned and have a chance to fight but are confined to the only flag you have captured, then that is a spawn trap. Smart teams and players know not to flip the spawns in domination. You need to 2 flags to win. It only makes sense to spawn at the only flag that you have control of. Its been this way in every COD. Its your job to fight out of it. They call it domination for a reason.