27 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 2:39 PM by ill-lll RSS

Sigh, Hardcore Really Has Gone To Sh*t

Lately it feels like I just cannot get a game without total nade/tube/rocket spam. Its just getting worse and worse... On top of that HC Dom really needs a slight delay in spawn, its crazy sometimes you kill 5 guys only to have them constantly nade/noob spamming as they instantly respawn. You don't even get the time to reload!

Annnnyway, rant over. Just sick of the crappy game play of late.

• Re: Sigh, Hardcore Really Has Gone To Sh*t

no spawn delay for hardcore dom. and they are going to be buffing blast shield for hardcore only

MaxKirgan

I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but lately I have been noticing a lot of low prestige oplayers or people that haven't prestiged yet, whipping out SMAWS as soon as they spawn in Hardcore. Doesn't matter what gametype. They run around with out at all times.

pun1sh

hardcore doesn't really seem like hardcore anymore, i played the other day and it was taking on average like 4 shots to kill with the M4A1! I recall it only taking 1 shot maybe 2!

ill-lll

This is why I made the long-winded post in the TU thread about Blast Shield. At least it will give us somewhat of a counter. Unfortunately, there will still be those types that spam a semtex, two tubes, and two "mags" worth of airburst before dying and respawning to do it all over again. Ideally, they would scale the explosive damage to miniscule values to match the health so it behaves the same way in Core as in HC. Never going to happen though.

i agree. it seems like all the tubers went to hc because they are so weak in core. sometimes hitting someone with both wont even kill them. hc has become a haven for campers and tubers and the rocket man. not much to do except either employ the same lame tactics or find a lobby where there arent as many noobs with tubes which is often difficult. the ballistic vest help out a little too.

You would have thought after MW2 they wouldnt have put tubes on the game like they have. I mean I can fire off four XM25 tubes as quick as shooting a shotgun. Just plain dumb about all the tube comments back from MW2. I aint gonna lie and say I dont use xm25, but I dont spam them if I hear someone but cant see them I will tube the area I think it is coming from. I play a lot of Dom and SnD, and I mainly use the fad or ump, but on occassion I have my tube handy just in case.

nicedrewishfela

I have to agree with the OP. Hardcore is feeling more and more like Core these days. If I got XP for all the Hit Markers I have been getting lately, I would be 15th Prestige by now. Its taking more and more to take people out, even with good, clean shots. The Rockets and Tubes are getting ridiculous, for sure. It makes me wonder why rockets are somehow more accurate than Sniper Rifles or Assault Rifles, and why the vapor trail seems to kill just as quickly as the explosion? Or how someone is standing 2 feet in front of me, tubes me, and I die? Seeing more and more where people are just running around corners in HC and getting insta-kills. There is all kind of nonsense going on, and it certainly doesn't feel like Hardcore anymore.

In past Cod Games, if you fired a rocket at an enemy from distance it would tail off and become erratic, in MW3 it never falters from its course... Anyways, Hardcore has lost a lot of its appeal as the shenanigans from Core are trickling over.

Good point. I dont know how many times in HC I get tubed or RPGed from a guy right in front of me and I die and he lives. Happens all the time, just one of them things that dropped from my mind, until you said it Nice. One of my discussions you called me a camper NICE, and if you want to play some Dom together and see who gets the most caps I am all game. my G.T. is OpenRangeOnUAll

MaxKirgan

I wouldn't be surprised if they are purposely doing that. They're support for Hardcore is getting worse and worse. I also wouldn't be surprised if they completely phased Hardcore out in a future title.

MaxKirgan wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if they are purposely doing that. They're support for Hardcore is getting worse and worse. I also wouldn't be surprised if they completely phased Hardcore out in a future title.

Future sledghammer games, Treyarch fully plans to support Hardcore. In Vahn you should trust.

yovlud

I like the idea he brought forth about bleeding out after getting hit...and no longer will 1 pistol shot to the pinky toe kill someone...as for the OP, you want realism, but complain about people using nothing but explosives?  I played nothing but hardcore from Call of Duty 4 to the start of Black Ops...it's always been ruled by corner campers with claymores, and explosive launchers...can't stand the heat, stay out of Hardcore...that's why I move on to core.

ill-lll

yovlud wrote:

I like the idea he brought forth about bleeding out after getting hit...and no longer will 1 pistol shot to the pinky toe kill someone...as for the OP, you want realism, but complain about people using nothing but explosives?  I played nothing but hardcore from Call of Duty 4 to the start of Black Ops...it's always been ruled by corner campers with claymores, and explosive launchers...can't stand the heat, stay out of Hardcore...that's why I move on to core.

WaW was balanced to the point that explosives in HC were not a major issue. MW2 was just as bad in Core as in Hardcore thanks to OMA and Danger Close.

Black Ops had a functional Flak Jacket, that offered a decent counter. However, if you didn't run that perk then you'd run into the issue regularly. Here in MW3 we have a trophy system that you have to camp in order to avoid being killed by even the sloppiest of tubers, which can only absorb 2 of the potential 14 explosives an enemy can bring your way in a single life. That counter can also kill you if you position incorrectly, takes time to set up, is revealed by SitRep, and thanks to Ricochet, can still kill you if a friendly gets in the way.

Ideal solutions would be proper explosive balancing, as WaW had, or scaling explosive damage differently in Hardcore than in Core. The latter makes more sense but the counter-arguments (realism, unfair, no incentive to use explosives, it's always worked this way, etc.) would prevent it from happening. Overall, a functional Flak Jacket/Blast Shield perk is a fair counter if they'd limit the amount of explosives a person can spawn with and not go overboard like the MW titles have both done. Explosives have been the HC issue in every IW title. Treyarch likes to cause problems with Second Chance/Last Stand ><

No hardcore = no $$ from me. I have been extremely dissapointed with the implementation of HC in this game in comparison to MW2. They had everything right, all they needed to do was upgrade the graphics, add a few guns and maps and we would have been happy to pay them for it.

This game (which I still play, its not a total dud) has jerkier gameplay and very weak HC support. I think I like the maps better but the way they re-did damage annoyed me from the start.

Snipingdbag

Hc is better than I thought, the only thing that makes it shi-t is indeed explosive spamming & of coure people that only sit in a corner and never move. I mean seriously, the guns kill so fast and instantly yet you still need ohk explosive just so that you don't have to aim to get kills. Model with range is a lot of fun in HC.

It feels like playing mw2 with all the explosive spamming and insta-killing. Good that they are buffing Blast shield. That will make it a lot more playable.

I feel The health amount is too low, it's way too easy to get kills across the map with machine pistol secondaries like the mp9 and every other gun is God- like. I just spam ballistic vests. I would give everybody half the normal health (50) with Neck and headshot 1 hit kill mutipliers, that's more realistic and it would make snipers actually useful too. Now it's just a game mode for shi-t players to get easy insta-kills & campers. Fun to troll people with a shotgun and range though

tallowby

It is a shame they nerfed the explosives in Core so much... It caused the problem from the start...

The only time I get killed by ricochet is when i launch a rocket or throw a blind nade. I never shoot my teammates, and teammates don't walk in front of my bullets, because I pay attention. I've been killed because a teammate walks in front of me and blocks my fire, causing us both to die, thats about it.

The whole "Thats me walking in front of your bullets on purpose" doesn't happen that much if at all. If it does happen, its a fluke. Spread out more, there is no reason to be that close to your teammate on most of these shitty maps.  Teamkilling is gone in HC, teamkillers had to find a new hobby.

youve just noticed lol its being going down hill since cod4 ( never played waw long enough to get into hardcore )