11 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 12:23 PM by Izjar11 RSS

Knife through wall?

Well, i was playing mw3 today as usual and a guy panic knifed me though a wall? I dont know if lag had to do with it or what but it kinda freaked me out. I didnt even know that was possible in this game. On second thought it had to be lag right? well tell me what you think.

• Re: Knife through wall?
    deadimpact

I shot someone whose butt was sticking out though a cement wall (he was crouched in a corner on the opposite side), so it doesn't completely surprise me. lol

Dude... I was so upset about that... until I watched the KillCam!!!  Good kill for sure!

Was gonna file a report but there is no in-game option to report a developer for poor mapping (something that seems to be the practice in this game and its DLC).

It wasn't that long ago I thought my mega drive was as good as it got, these games are awesome. Not perfect. But awesome. So a wee fcuk up here n there doesn't annoy me. You were probably sticking out through the wall like the guy above says.

rlbl

Somehow I think if he knifed you through the wall, it was not a panic knife.

wridtrvlr

Seems crazy but with this title it wouldn't surprise me.  I've gotten numerous kills through walls with my SMG and we all know that SMG's can't have impact.  When I try the same thing with an AR, I need impact to shoot through the wall.  Makes sense, right???  

Sometimes we stick out through a wall because of 'mapping'.  If you wernt showing through, it could have been some freak with a friend on the other side so he could win a silly game.  If thats the case, Im only hoping is was some 12 year olds and not a grown a** person.

bas_09

I dont think it was lag. I have shot alot of people through walls that were laying next to it and saw a body part on the other side moving

I wonder if it the same issue as being killed by a throwing knife through a riot shield, aka knife hits dead center of the shield but kills you. But its probably due to lag comp, your issue has to do with improper mapping where a part of your body sticks out of the wall or floor. I was killed one game due to my leg sticking out of a wall when i was laying down to take cover. I watched the replay and seen that my leg was sticking out the wall plain as day.

I did that a lot in Blops.  People prone or kneeling behind walls in Blops would always have a foot or something sticking out through the wall (glitch) and I'd see it and knife for the easy kill.  I actually haven't noticed it at all in MW3.

ghamorra

I triggered a claymore through a wall. Needless to say it killed me to

Izjar11

sounds like the hit detection issue, I constantly get killed as i move behind cover!