24 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 11:32 AM by WKMMS RSS

quick scope :-(

I don't see why quick scope has been made so easy on this game? now all the little cheaters have started to use aim-bot which u can tel a mile off cause some of the shots are well bull **** but now you cant't prove because quick scope is so easy.this is really annoying.anyone think im right or is it in my head just? please replay thanks.

• Re: quick scope :-(
    pj600r

Not sure about the aim bots but the poor hit detection and connection issues does make it look like the shot was nowhere near the target sometimes.

As regards to quickscopers this subject has been covered many times and you will always get this so called exploit in IW COD games.

yeh ok but when you watch a person quick scope 4 ppl one after another very quick i mean in secons and all off them from a far distance away im sorry but that is defo an aim bot

pj600r

I'm not saying that no one uses aim bots but some people have their sensitivity on 10 and the aim assist does the rest especially combined with quickdraw.

That's why so many qscopers whined about BO when it first came out because they altered the speed in which you could raise the rifle and it didn't do the work for them as a result.

yeh ok cant wait till new black ops comes ou!t they made the best cod with there last black ops with no quick scope and no bull lol

WKMMS

There was (and still is) plenty of bull in Black Ops... just a different kind of bull

it's actually easier to QS in MW2 in my opinion... CoD4 and WaW had the most balanced sniping I think. 

Snipingdbag

It's easier to scope quickly in black ops. Mw3 is fast paced, small maps full with insta-killing automatics. If qsers get the better of you they got lucky, had the better positioning and aim or you just suck.

WKMMS

Snipingdbag wrote:

If qsers get the better of you they got lucky, had the better positioning and aim

I think that's a fair assessment.  These days I do pretty well with a sniper rifle in CQB, but put a PP90M1 in my hands and I can just run at people, jumping, spraying and drop-shotting and do even better.  There's no doubt that it's harder to do well as an aggressive sniper than running round with a full-auto.

Snipingdbag

It's all very relative to your connection to the host. The game is very connection based, if you get 3 to 5 hitmarkers with an auto and someone quickscopes you after that, you did not deserve to die. Same for snipers, getting a hitmarker after a good torso shot happens a lot for whatever reason.

I'll agree to that and add this crucial point:

SRs are one shot kill weapons.  And not only do they have as good/better speed to shot than any other gun (with quickdraw pro), you add lag on top of that and you get a lot of "I didn't even get a chance to shoot" momments against QSers.

It's an unfair advantage in CQC in my opinion. 

I'm all for proper sniping.  But this QS BS... especially in CQC?  It's just garbage and debases the game.

Everyone I play with, including guys that do it and are really good at it, know it's an exploit.

I'm hopefull BOPS2 will bring some semblance of balance to sniping.  Perhaps pump up the range or OHK rate a touch as an offset to removing much/all of the QS ability.

Snipingdbag

Smg ads speed without Qdraw is as fast as snipers ads with (0.2). I feel sniper should have a standard ads speed of 0.3 and no qdraw ability (much like in blops but with cod4 style of sniping), but then again these maps are horrible for cod sniping, which should be quick and good mid range as well as that's how the game works, fast paced. Try playing with a sniper actively (not just sitting in one spot) without qdraw on, it's very hard to pull off constantly with too, do to the way most these maps are shaped and insta-killing automatics with little recoil and constant uav spam.

The more open the maps the more annoying snipers / qsers get.

People get insta-killed by all guns btw, while not being able to react even when holding qdraw while the enemy was using assassin / hardline, that's the fail of the compensation system at work.

People get insta-killed by all guns btw, while not being able to react even when holding qdraw while the enemy was using assassin / hardline, that's the fail of the compensation system at work.

True, but the worst insta-kill is the QSer because of the OSK ability.

Shotties, being next.. but at least I feel like that's more legit because they gotta get close, and they gotta aim.

WKMMS

I'm all for a balanced approach to sniping and I genuinely feel that, in the context of MW3's overall design, with relatively small maps, fast paced gameplay, and the nature of the weapons with SMGs that can put you down from extremely long ranges, lazer beam ARs etc, that in a messed up way quickscoping is balances out sniping in a game that was clearly designed to be much more CQB focused. 

There are far more cheap ways to die in this game than being quickscoped in my opinion.  I might get quickscoped 3-4 times at most in a night, but I'll get killed by a random spammed grenade even more than that, or by some guy head-glitching with his (insert any gun name here)... If you think about it.. lethal kill streaks are cheap because there's no skill in shooting at red squares from the sky etc. However, all those things that I may not personally like are part of the game, so I either deal with it, or go play something else. 

Thunderstrike75

QS has been disscussed to boredom around here, and i didnt mind much at first but its teams and teams of them now. i just have a blast laughing when someone comes up with the "qscopers are at a disadvantage because you can put em down easily with automatics" sorry but to me its all bs. like the op said i have seen them rush in and take down 4-5 in seconds even when the others have all automatics. in my humble opinion they did favor the Qsers a lot even when the rest realized how good type95 was for taking them down, they just whinned and nerfed was the type95

and if you find another weapon besides the shotguns which would only work in short maps they will whine again and try nerf that, mk14 hasnt been nerfed i think but they have been trying.

what really annoyed me was, they will call you NOOB for killing them with a type95, but if you use a type 95 you still need to aim, doesnt have the same potency nor distance than the snipers and there wasnt as much people with it as qsers.

WKMMS

I don't know whether you've tried quickscoping or whether you've only seen some guy wrecking people with it, but I can honestly tell you, having about 2,400 kills with the T95 myself, that it is way easier for someone to just pick up a T95 and do well than pick up a bolt-action and do well quickscoping. 

Thunderstrike75

actually i cant qs for crap being honest here. i tried out of frustration and i couldnt do it i got annoyed very fast because i was getting slaughtered. still i dont think the nerfing they did on type95 was fair. i switched to shotgun and its as easy as with a type95 just less distance.

what i mean here also is that somehow if you notice they do nerf this and that but never the snipers.

and well after all they did announce "there will be quick scoping in mw3" before it came out so it was planned to be there and it seems to be a must have and main in the game.

now dont get me wrong, i do respect those with a genuin ability, the hard scopers from far and quick scopers from close. they do play it and play it well. what i just cant stand is those who quick scope any situation dont play the objective at all and go tossing flares all around.

someone already said it used to be a challenge to be a sniper and qs just diminished the value of those who tried.

WKMMS

I absolutely agree.  I play a ton of Domination.  It bugs the hell out of me to see anyone in an objective game not playing the damn objective and supporting the team and I'll grant you that I've seen plenty of QSers trying to kill-whore in these games and never trying to cap, but also plenty of reg-gunners doing the same.  The QSers tend to stand out in your head more because of the ghille suit and the nature of their playstyle.  I'll also agree that the amount of these guys in DZ has ruined the mode too. 

However, not all snipers who quickscope don't cap and don't support the team and it's annoying when you automatically get labelled a certain way because you quickscope, especially since I'm the sort of player who always goes to cap objectives and doesn't give a damn about my KDR, but making sure the team wins.

only 100 kills to the title, huh?

Sweet.

I wish I could QS, id exploit it like crazy. half the reason I play is to piss people off..  hate me, but im just saying

WKMMS

yeah, about that many.  Haven't used it much since 1st prestige (10th now) but I'll go back and level her up on last time since I've given up prestiging and have just started working on getting all gold guns.  I've only got 5 so far, M4A1, MP5, MSR, L118A, and PP90M1 and I'll probably work through most of the other ARs and SMGs before I consider doing that one, so the title will probably elude me for a while longer

It's funny how you always see people complaining about quick scopers... it's not even an issue. Unless they are actually aim botting or they're really freaking good, if you're worth a damn you can easily outshoot them with an Assault Rifle or an Smg...

WKMMS

It's very easy a lot of the time to take them out... once you actually try quickscoping you realise that it's far trickier than it looks and for most will require quite a bit of time to become proficient.  You definitely won't think that the magical aim-assist fairy comes down and guides all your bullets directly to the head.    My KDR did suffer quite a bit while I worked on getting better, but I persevered and now I definitely hit more than I miss, but it certainly made sniping in this game more fun and challenging for me.

I've been playing this game every day for the past month and I've only been killed a couple of times by quick scopers. You must have absolutely no skill if you keep getting killed like this. I'm an average player and I almost always win a 1 on 1 battle against a sniper and when I don't it's usually when the sniper was using a secondary automatic.

Stop whinning just because you stand in the middle of maps and are easy bait for snipers.