21 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2012 1:07 AM by sovietcookie RSS

Precision Airstrike

Convict7

Hey guys, I just finally started to use this streak, now I could use some advice for the Red carpet challenge, such as the best game mode, maybe use carepackage as a bait or something like that.

I did the Stealth bomber multikill challenge earlier today, though I only killed 3 enemies and accidently myself, but the game counted it as 5 kills I guess, weird huh.

I tried to do the challenge on Domination but I always got just one kill and few hitmarkers.

• Re: Precision Airstrike

Try it on Defender. People always camp around the flag carrier.

PikaBoo

Hey! Teacher! Leave them kids alone! lol, sorry

Definitely Team Defender on an outdoorsy or small map like dome, bakarra, or the alley in Resistance where everyone likes to go snipe. 'Course I've only ever done it once and it was with the Stealth Bummer.

fissuresofrequent

Domination on Dome. I got the multi kill challenge for it. I'm at 670 total kills for the 1000 kill challenge.

Convict7

Does the airstrike really just suck, or am I having some really stupid lag or what?

I was playing domination at bakaara, I had been saving my airstrike for a while and next thing I know is that there is friendly UAV up, I see 4 enemies trying to capture one flag, so I used the airstrike and what happens?

Hitmarker, hitmarker and then one kill? One kill?

codcanuck

Yeah, the Precision Airstrike seems to be really inconsistent for me. One match I'll get a triple with it, the next hitmarkers.

momskirbyok

Convict7 wrote:

Does the airstrike really just suck, or am I having some really stupid lag or what?

I was playing domination at bakaara, I had been saving my airstrike for a while and next thing I know is that there is friendly UAV up, I see 4 enemies trying to capture one flag, so I used the airstrike and what happens?

Hitmarker, hitmarker and then one kill? One kill?

If you want more kills with an airstrike, memorize some spawns.

Tips:

-Never put around any teamates

-Predict movement when placing airstrike

-Have teamates run Advanced UAV

porkins:d

I got it in TDM, but I think it was a glitch. I got three kills with one and later in the life I got two and I completed the challenge. It's happened twice to me too.

infinitlag

Precision airstrike is really bad. It would be right over my head and not kill me. Why would they nerf it in this game, but make a really strong one that takes less skill to get???

opb81

Probably the best way to do it is in an objective mode like domination cap 2 flags leaving them spawning in 1 area and then hitting it with the airstrike, the smaller the map the better. Then again you will still need some luck. I have 500+ kills with it and after many many quads and triple kills It still took me until today to finally get it.

I love the predator/airstrike/attack helicpoter combo really easy to get all 3 multiple times in a game and it keeps the enemy off the objective without having to be around it.

sovietcookie

I the title, it's called cluster bomb. I called it in over the osprey care packages and I guess everyone was there. I honestly got lucky.

isnt attack helicopter better since it more accurate than precision airstrike because the enemy is alway on the movement.

Convict7

I already gave up with the Precision Airstrike, however this isn't about which one is better, it's about the multikill challenge for precision air strike.

My best so far has been quad kill with it, on Resistance in that small corridor like alley where people often have sniping battles etc.