7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 7:40 AM by scolia5044 RSS

Stop Complaining about Elite and the Most Recent Elite Drop!

I want to talk about the main part of the drop which would be the multiplayer map Oasis and the two spec op missions.

But first, stop complaining about Elite Premium!    They are having twenty drops of content for 50 bucks.  Just for example, take black ops which had 12 mp maps and 3 zombie map drops - only 15 drops total for 45 bucks. Not to mention the camos and ocassional prestige tokens that u get with elite premium and the most important of all, getting the map maps early, that is a huge advantage to many like me, who are eager to see the maps first... Mainly this last drop, everyone seems to be dissapointed that the face-off maps are not playable for survival and are only in a couple gametypes.  Just pretend they didn't even give us the face-off maps, the drop would be the same size as the third drop for the first map pack which was black box and two spec ops missions - no one complained then! Pretend they are giving us four free maps!  There was a lot in this drop... It's not that bad.

Anyways, As for the current drop, the spec op missions are both fairly cool, definetely different. Iron clad is a little too much like the campaign, but is was still fun. And kill switch was new and there were multiple different things to do throughout the mission.  But the multiplayer map is the best.  I haven't played it much in multiplayer but I just love the feel of it.  It is bright and the water is nice and I dont kow, it's probably just me who really cares about the look and design of the map, but it just has a really good feeling to it. 

Ratings:

Iron Clad - 7/10

Kill Switch - 8/10

Oasis - 9.5/10

Thoughts?

• Re: Stop Complaining about Elite and the Most Recent Elite Drop!
    maccabi

ReflexII wrote:

I want to talk about the main part of the drop which would be the multiplayer map Oasis and the two spec op missions.

But first, stop complaining about Elite Premium!    They are having twenty drops of content for 50 bucks.  Just for example, take black ops which had 12 mp maps and 3 zombie map drops - only 15 drops total for 45 bucks.

stop you right there...

do it via msp

elite costs 4000 msp

the three content drops which give you everything would cost 3600 msp

Elite is 400 msp more

to buy elite costs £35

to buy each content drop sperately costs £9.99

Elite is £5.03 more

throwing more stuff in to make something look better value is one of the oldest marketing tricks out there.

ReflexII wrote:

. Not to mention the camos and ocassional prestige tokens that u get with elite premium and the most important of all, getting the map maps early, that is a huge advantage to many like me, who are eager to see the maps first...

The camo was horrible and was just a leftover one they gave to elite to give away, if it was an "elite" camo why didnt it look like it was made with elites colors? the other "hidden still" camos on elite are just as crap just recolors of existing camos.  The occasioanly prestige token was compensation for one of elites numerous "technical failures"

So getting the maps early is a huge advantage is it?

you beta tst them as they are released with major exploits, have trouble finding games as the playlist is so fragmented and theres a tiny pool of players..

ReflexII wrote:

Mainly this last drop, everyone seems to be dissapointed that the face-off maps are not playable for survival and are only in a couple gametypes.  Just pretend they didn't even give us the face-off maps, the drop would be the same size as the third drop for the first map pack which was black box and two spec ops missions - no one complained then! Pretend they are giving us four free maps!  There was a lot in this drop... It's not that bad.

This is because a promise was made all mp maps would be available in survival, the size would've been the same had they released the maps as proper mp maps as most are easily big enough (their excuse being they would be easy to spawn trap with more players, which is crap as thats down to their own failed spawn system, as anyone who's played the two free face off maps knows 2 people can spawn trap the maps as the other team only spoawn in a few places . ..and lets not forget noone asked for this type of game mode, everyone asked for smaller maps theres a big difference. face of is a con its main goal was to counter the fact theres huge connection issues and a ever decreasing player pool.

ReflexII wrote:

Anyways, As for the current drop, the spec op missions are both fairly cool, definetely different.

specs ops is meh played it once hated it..

you only have to look at the spec ops forum on here and then the zombies forum on the blackops forum to see the massive difference in post numbers..that should be a easy indication how much the community likes spec ops.

I have yet to see since novemeber one complaint about elite that isnt valid

maccabi wrote:

specs ops is meh played it once hated it..

you only have to look at the spec ops forum on here and then the zombies forum on the blackops forum to see the massive difference in post numbers..that should be a easy indication how much the community likes spec ops.

Like the idea of survival mode, but the execution is incredibly poor... Nothing in it seems properly thought out, as you elude to above so are many other parts of the game and Elite. Needless to say Zombies out classes it in every way and I for one can't wait to see the new version!

mac i have heard you talk before about the other camos have you any idea when they will give them to us (i am elite premium founder) . iv noticed winter is at the bottom and there is space above for 2-3 camos do these have to be earned or will we just get them in a elite map pack drop any info would be aprecated , i know they wont set the world on fire just wanted to know .

MaxKirgan

The main reason people are complaining are because they're being shady with the content calendar. For weeks we thought we were getting 4 mulitplayer maps to use in all game modes. Then a week before the drop hits we were told that wasn't going to be the case. Some people may have decided to get premium off of that fact alone.

Then you have the announce trailer for Face-Off, where Mark Rubin tells us its a mode we all asked for even though the community had zero input. Another slap in our faces. So you can ask everybody to stop complaing. I'm just telling why they probably won't. It's not just about the content of the drops itself. The community feels like it was wronged by the developers. Lately they have had a very "if we want your opinion we will ask you for it attitude". In the end, it will cost them.

I understand that everyone wanted mp and survival maps, and IW has dissapointed me as well with elite premium. But I think it is too much hate.  It is still a good service and a great game.

CowboySr

I have mixed feelings about Elite/content drops. On the positive side, it is cool that Ive met new people through it, strengthened the clan, I like that you can upload easily to youtube and view, and the maps are growing on me.

On the negative side, I think replacing what we thought would be new maps with spec ops garbage is shady, I think the clan ops are a joke as the do NOT promote team work, in fact quite the opposite, It took 6 months to get these crummy clan ops/elite working in any kind of sensible manner, and we still dont have challenges. The face off maps look sweet IMO, but they play like Sh1t cause theyre so small and the spawns are horrible(unmatched), and again these are considered content drops which many assumed were new 6v6 multiplayer maps.

In the end I am not complaining about the elite. I think the damage they have created to IW's name for charging us to sort out and alpha/beta version of Elite will cost them some lost customer, but will be forgotten by the majority, and they knew that. I think that the way they track clan ops for points in the  next couple years will change, and make people forget how bad it is today.  I think in the end this is the pain we must endure, if we want to change avg casual gaming to be more competitive(on a clan level), as others like Rainbow 6 tried to do it in the past, and failed.  It sucks, but Im trying to keep my eye on the bog picture.  A world where my group of people can search for another clan, and play against them, and be ranked based on how we performed against each other, or level up in other ways that arent so competitive.  Elite v1 was bound to look crappy. We can only hope it improves based on our demands.

scolia5044

I haven't really played the spec ops but I have played Oasis alot and i love it it's a beautiful map and has become one of my Fav's i love playing Ground Wars on this map