32 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2012 3:38 PM by Glenrose RSS

MW3 getting boring?

Is it just me or is MW3 starting to get boring? I love the CoD franchise and i love all of there games, nut i think MW3 couldn't reach its desired 1 year+ lifespan. I still play MW3 but it doesn't attract me as much. What do you think Infinity Ward/Trayarch can do to avoid boredom in less than a year?

Check me out on Youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/user/lPlutol/videos

• Re: MW3 getting boring?

Yes it is definitely getting boring and aggravating that they havent fixed the spawning and the hit markers

Rednecksniper39

If you do anything over and over again of course it will eventually get boring. That is why there are other games to play. Like Diablo 3

scolia5044

Yes kinda of in IMO around the time Blops became boring too me i joined the forums and it became fun again. But this i'm sorry i only play because i want 20th( they should have stopped at 15th) currently at 16th the game has it's moments but i miss the fun of destoying players i love playing Dom and Kill Confimred but it seem like since the addition of support of how strong the Stringer is i miss Dominating the opposing team with my Chooper Gunner ( Blops Version)

scolia5044 wrote:

Yes kinda of in IMO around the time Blops became boring too me i joined the forums and it became fun again. But this i'm sorry i only play because i want 20th( they should have stopped at 15th) currently at 16th the game has it's

You do realize that is why they didn't stop at 15th, or even at 10th, don't you?

Prestige is and always has been a gimmick to get people to keep playing, even if the player has already tired of the game itself.  They keep increasing prestige count to keep people playing.  And in MW3's case, they pre-planned to double the prestige count (from 10 to the eventual 20) over time, just to keep drawing back people who rush through the whole system in a few months.

grif77775

this is my theory on why mw3 has became boring.

the map sizes of mw3 and blop were reduced down. A small map for cod4 lets say destrict  has became a large to meduim in mw3. So with maps being smaller this pushes the spawns closer together, so now instead of having 5 to 10 seconds of movement before you have some sort of engagement you now have 3 to 5 seconds. The game play is faster and theres more action for everyone involved. The problem here is that with the smaller maps and closer spawns you are having exact same engagements every game.

You spawn in, you go one way knowing that someone will becoming the other way, one of you's dies, now repeat the process. This is usually the format for how people play in any mutliplayer shooter, but mw3 has no cool down period between death, spawn and action. You die, spawn in and start shooting at someone in 5 seconds or less. But unlike in other shooters the fighting takes place in the exact same spots every game, every map, every game mode and there's nothing anyone can do because you spawn right beside the action and can't move anywhere else because the maps are so small.

I think 3-5 seconds after spawning in MW3 before contact is generous. More like 1-3 seconds if you get a good spawn.

grif77775

maybe so but the point is, is that every game has this "I've done this before feeling" and it's not because of any certain weapon or game mode, it's because you're boxed in so tight there is no where to go. All the fighting happens in the same areas every and theres nothing anyone can do about it.

nicedrewishfela

MW3 is a mess, no doubt. But I have continued to play it and keep enjoying it by challenging myself. Using different weapons, trying new game modes like Face Off even though I lose more than I win. Even though there is still much for them to fix, I give IW at least some credit for trying to maintain interest with Community Playlists and new game modes. Its the most IW has ever done for their community, and while they still fail often, they are at least making a show of trying.

CoD should die with MW3.

zvers

Really? I think CoD at this present moment is like GM and they are in dire need of restructuring (No bailout, we have already given them enough). Hopefully Treyarch can show that they have what it takes to carry CoD into the future. They seem competent enough....

Mw3 is getting boring, the only thing stopping me from not playing the game is getting all guns gold. I might go back to mw2 at least the maps and game is more fun to me.

Amaterasu9 wrote:

Mw3 is getting boring, the only thing stopping me from not playing the game is getting all guns gold. I might go back to mw2 at least the maps and game is more fun to me.

I'm kinda doing the same. That and running a pistol the whole game in HC... I think its clear, nobody on my list really plays MW3 since about month 2, people STILL play Black Ops. That says to me this game has a pretty poor shelf life.

Eqvvs

I wouldn't say I'm anymore bored of this game than I got with any of the other titles. I play it a while burn out, get bored, go visit the real world for a bit then come back to it 

The word 'getting' implies MW3 wasn't boring at all.

I'm not bored of it. Mainly because I don't play it everyday. If you are playing it too often it gets repetitive. The two main games I play are mw3, and minecraft xbox 360 edition. Switching back and forth between the two keeps both games fresh and fun to play alone and with friends.

CowboySr

Its just you

obzi

I've just had a break from MW3 for 6 weeks, I went on holiday, a long stag weekend and work have just made me forget about it for a while, I've just come back to it refreshed and enjoying it.

Oh yeah, all the problems haven't gone away but because I know they are there they just don't seem to be bothering me quite as much.  If your getting bored take a break for a few weeks, if might help.

FREDsmkPOT

I wish they would create more clan operations, lone wolf operations and create other types of tournaments to give more of a reason for you to compete.  Since Im busy on the weekends, I barely ever get to compete in clan ops.  They wouldnt even need real prizes, just having a tournament gives more incentive to play.

Glenrose

FREDsmkPOT wrote:

I wish they would create more clan operations, lone wolf operations and create other types of tournaments to give more of a reason for you to compete.  Since Im busy on the weekends, I barely ever get to compete in clan ops.  They wouldnt even need real prizes, just having a tournament gives more incentive to play.

More clan ops?  **** those are more broken than the game as a whole.  Hell the one today I ran into a clan that was running 7 deep so one would always be on our team.  What did he do?  Sat in a corner and told his team where we were at the entire time.  So no, there needs to be no more clan ops,  **** me personally I dont think there needs to be any more IW.   Hell they dont do anything to fix ****,  so why even have them here.

And yes the game is getting so boring now.  I try to come back for clan ops to level up my clan,  but those are getting fewer and fewer im doing.  Ive been back on BO lately,  and thats refreshing.

ctrl-s

A simple HC CTF mode would extend the shelf life quite a bit for me personally.

This is the first CoD that has gotten boring to me. It's also the first CoD where I felt I had to pick up other guns AND prestige to keep the game interesting. All other CoDs, I've sat at no prestige and used the same gun(s) for the entire game and never got bored.

With this game, I just can't do it. And a HUGE factor in this is the spawn system, it's horrible. Now that CTF is unplayable because I'm going to take a loss whether I win or lose it's gotten a lot worse. I have 2 games played this week, by now I usually have 30+.

iigallowsii

I went back to BLOPS and relized I really missed that game. I'm pretty much done with MW3 they cant seem to fix the broken matchmaking and terrible spawns.

BOZZMAN102

If you ask me, I think that yes Modern Warefare 3 is getting vey old. All IW is doing at this point is putting all their fate and drive into Face Off. (Not saying it's bad). But it is getting old.

Hell, if I did not have people to play with I would have stopped playing a very, very long time ago. (Currently a 13th prestige)

They are half-assing our game.

What is boring is constantly getting host , tired of getting insta killed by 8 yr olds rapid firing a barret in my general direction WTF!!!

Proclaimor

Two months off playing skyrim blops and lfd2 did wonders for me.