2 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2012 1:57 PM by darwin67 RSS

Clearly, leader boards have been hacked [PS3]

darwin67

Was looking at the leader boards the last few days and there are some insanely 'impossible' numbers on there...ala MW2 and every other hacked COD game. Normally, I could care less about leader boards because the only numbers that I compete against are my own. However, what makes this hack job different is ELITE....how can we, as ELITE members and the community have any assurances that hackers aren't being ignored....if these people can hack the leaderboards it makes me believe that they can also skewer numbers in ELITE as well. If ACTIVISION cannot gurantee ELITE integrity let alone console integrity how can they charge for a membership...my understanding is that they have held off on integrating ELITE into the PC community because of hackers...well....clearly, the xbox and ps3 both have hackers as well.

• Re: Clearly, leader boards have been hacked [PS3]
    zvers

Sadly, that's been a problem for long time. Like you said, I also play for my own benefit in terms of numbers. It's unfortuante but thankfully you don't make real money playing this game!

• Re: Clearly, leader boards have been hacked [PS3]
      darwin67

Guess that's my concern....no we don't get paid...but ELITE has competitions with legit rewards for some of competitions. What assurances do we have that all the players are on the up and up....For instance, if someone with a win/loss ratio of 113.00 (which is impossible) is allowed to compete I would be pretty pissed. I would hope they would compile a list of the hackers and ban them outright or at least void their scores in all competitions.