27 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2012 5:44 PM by DEATH_RAID_77 RSS

ACR is overused....

drunkenwarrior

This is just insane, everygame I go into it's literally either ACR or the Scar...which are almost identical...honestly I would love to use my KSG or SPAS but instead I have to use my AR beacuse all they do is camp lol...no seriously release a temp nerf so less people use it....or something as this **** gets annoying.

• Re: ACR is overused....

overPOWERED*

fix't that for ya.

It can't be overpowered, as there's nothing that the ACR truly excels in. It's just decent at everything, which makes it a great jack-of-all-trades weapon. The problem is that because so many people use it, it can water down gameplay.

it may be annoying but its part of the game just like everything else deal with it

mrepictoast

It's overused, almost overpowered.  Watch ACR In-Depth by Drift0r on Youtube.  He explains why its overused; the ACR is average in every stat except reload time, where it's extremely good.  It has no weakness, but certain weapons in certain situations will beat it.

It's no Type 95 or pre-patch FMG9s, but it's easily one of the best automatic weapons.

vims1990

mrepictoast wrote:

It's overused, almost overpowered.  Watch ACR In-Depth by Drift0r on Youtube.  He explains why its overused; the ACR is average in every stat except reload time, where it's extremely good.  It has no weakness, but certain weapons in certain situations will beat it.

This is how I feel about the weapon as well.

There's really nothing significantly terrible about the weapon including recoil, reload time, ammo count, weapon damage & fire rate. Everything in it's category is average - above average which is what makes the ACR the best assault rifle.

I've levelled all the assault rifles to Level 30 yet feel the ACR excels as an all-round assault rifle without any faults compared to the AK-47 & CM-901.

ur right people complain about to much

vileself

The ACR kills me in ways no other gun kills me. I start shooting a guy in the back and he turns around and kills me with his ACR. I get killed in 1 bullet by an ACR. I get outgunned by ACR at close range when I have a P90. I get outgunned by ACR at long range when I have AS50. ACR always showing up in the killfeeds. 90% of the MOABS achieved in MW3 are with the ACR. I concider myself to be pretty damn good at CoD and noobs can run circles around me with the ACR, its rediculous.

Nerf it. Its worse than the FAMAS of Black Ops. Reduce its mag size to 20 or give it a signifigant recoil boost. It its mag size is reduced then it wont be able to get trips and quads as easy as it does and if the recoil is increased it will just require more skill to use and it wont be able to outgun everything else in the damn game.

vileself wrote:

The ACR kills me in ways no other gun kills me. I start shooting a guy in the back and he turns around and kills me with his ACR. I get killed in 1 bullet by an ACR. I get outgunned by ACR at close range when I have a P90. I get outgunned by ACR at long range when I have AS50. ACR always showing up in the killfeeds. 90% of the MOABS achieved in MW3 are with the ACR. I concider myself to be pretty damn good at CoD and noobs can run circles around me with the ACR, its rediculous.

Nerf it. Its worse than the FAMAS of Black Ops. Reduce its mag size to 20 or give it a signifigant recoil boost. It its mag size is reduced then it wont be able to get trips and quads as easy as it does and if the recoil is increased it will just require more skill to use and it wont be able to outgun everything else in the damn game.

Famas was gamebreaking the ACR is not..
      All that needs to happen to the ACR give it, bit worse idle

For the most part the ARs are pretty balanced also don't talk about skill

I hate using the ACR for being Mr average

Nuk1014

Everyone's been saying this since day one. No need to keep repeating yourselves.

As for it being overpowered... Well, you have one, too. If you don't want to use it, and don't have enough skill to pick up something else, that's your own problem.

Also, a little hint. If you can't beat an ACR with a shotgun, then, you're using it the wrong way. When used correctly it can beat anything. Well, anything besides a panic knife and another shotgun.

vileself

See in Black Ops skill was something that mattered. The FAMAS was easily the best weapon but if you had skill, you could overcome any FAMAS with any weapon you wanted. In MW3 the ACR is totally different. Its the best weapon in the game and it is always the best weapon. Other weapons like the MP7 and PP90 and SCAR come close but the ACR just trumps them all, all the time, at all ranges, with all perk setups and all attachments. Its FAR too versitile to the point where it accomidates everyones playstyles and its a top choice of weapon regardless of what playlist you're in. Skill doesnt matter in MW3 because if you have an ACR you have a 90% chance of winning most gunfights.

I started a thread on here a while back asking how many kills people had with the ACR and the numbers were staggering. I personally had less than 500 kills with it but some people were in the 40-50,000 range with that single gun! I only have about 37,000 kills in total! The reason people are able to get such high stats with the gun is because its OVERPOWERED!

Nuk1014

You sound just like the guys who say "You can't possibly have a better score than me! You're a hacker!"

Just because you only have 37,000 kills doesn't mean someone else can't have more with JUST one gun. Look at the top of the leaderboards, and see how much time they've played.

It's easy to beat the ACR if you know how to play the game.

So skill doesn't matter, eh? How about I go get on the game and hipfire blindly, without even looking at the target. Well, I have the ACR, and my skill level doesn't matter, so I should still kill 9 out of 10 people. right?

vileself

Would you argue the point that the ACR is the most used weapon in the game? I would say with the upmost confidence that it is definately the most used weapon in MW3. Now why is it the most used weapon in the game? Well its a combination of precice accuracy, high fire rate, fast reload times, moderately high damage, and high maneuverability. This gun is simple to use at all ranges. Any other gun in the entire game will suffer in an area more than the ACR does.

No Im not saying I cant beat the ACR. I beat the ACR all the time and I do just fine with other weapons. Although when I do die I would bet my life savings that 75% of my deaths are from the ACR. For me using the ACR just feels cheap. The FAMAS in Black Ops felt cheap. The MP40 in WaW felt cheap, and the UMP45 in MW2 felt cheap. These guns were all widely complained about to be overpowered and unfair but due to certain game balances I defended those other weapons. The ACR of MW3 is in a class of its own though. This gun kills people in ways that other guns just cant. Its magic.

LAG is overpowered!  Have you ever noticed when you're almost always on the bad end of lag you get practically insta-killed by the acr? Get multiple hitmarkers and the 0.53 noob turns around and hits you twice in the foot and kills you while you're still pumping bullets into him? Then you use the ACR and it still takes you a clip to kill and you get outgunned by the ACR while using an AC-mother#$@#%$$  R!  Even though you got the jump on the enemy!  Errrr this game makes me angry!

First it was the Type 95, now the ACR. I swear I should just move on to using the CM901 exclusively.

The guns that are most used always get the label of being 'Overpowered'. The ACR is good for long range and has little recoil, but if you can't beat an ACR close range with a P90, you either suck or can't aim.

Just use whatever weapons you like best. No one (aside from the developers, technically) has any right to tell you what guns you can and can't use. No one should really care what method you used to get your kills, just that you got them.

Hidden-Legaciez

i cant use the scar its horrid, and everyone in my local uses pp90 more than anything, stop complaining you cant do anything about it

rlbl

overused lol...

At some point the number grew by 1 to make it go from acceptable usage to overused. Maybe I will stop using it so 1 less person is using it.. then it will not be overused.

(I always wonder at which point a gun becomes "overused")

QwertyBoredom

its overused yes, overpowered no its long range damage sucks the only reason players get insta-killed by it is lag-comp and that would effect every gun now yes i would say it needs more recoil so it can't spray snipers to death across map but thats it.

ACR is a pretty good gun but i prefer the M4A1 or the Type 95!

The ACR is a good but no way is it overpowered.

Anyway gimmie the MP7 anyday

vileself

This guy describes the ACR very accurately. Everything he says about it is completely true. You can tell by his playstyle that he really isnt that good of a player yet he still racks up 40 kills with it in this gameplay. Its too good.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5luoyMYZxzE&feature=related

DEATH_RAID_77

ACR i liked it in mw2 but in mw3 everyone uses it i just stick to the Good O' AK47 or CM901 !!