28 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2012 6:20 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

UAV in Black ops 2.

When will delevopers realize that the UAV is a very powerful killstreak, that's why people use Assassin/Ghost. Make the UAV a 5 or 6 killstreak, and if you do have support, make it a 7 killstreak. Less UAV spam, more fast paced fun.

• Re: UAV in Black ops 2.
    aodhan567

Noooo then what if ppl still use Ghost or Assassin and you would waste kills to reach UAV. Bad Idea.

myevo8you

This is the thinking as to WHY it is a good idea to have the UAV a higher killstreak. If a player runs hardline the UAV is up after TWO kills, which is NOT very hard to do. The logic behind making a UAV a higher killstreak would make players better by not giving them a "baby monitor" to chase red dots all the time. Me personally I would LOVE to see the mini-map completely gone from all game modes. At 4 kills the player can get a PERSONAL UAV, and at 8 kills, or a combined 2 personal UAVS, a mini-map for your team. The UAV with the 8 kills or combined 2 UAV's would show ALL players, even those with Ghost on, BUT would only last 30 seconds.

Say a player gets 4 kills and has the UAV killstreak equipped, the player then dies. He respawns and gets another 4 kills, he then pushes them both out and you have the same thing similar to the Blackbird from Black Ops. However the 2 UAVS MUST come from the same player, not 2 seperate players from the same team. Also this one you can block with a counter UAV (5 killstreak), but it only fuzzes out the radar within a certain range of a enemy.

If you don't like the mini-map. Play hardcore...

myevo8you

If you want to chase dots, play Pac-Man.

And just so you know i DO play hardcore exclusively. Baby core is just too easy.

r8edtripx

myevo8you wrote:

And just so you know i DO play hardcore exclusively. Baby core is just too easy.

Camping in a bush with no killcam is just too easy; Leads to too much frustration. You can keep HC.

myevo8you

So regaining health, having a constant baby monitor up, having a HUD to show you every little detail, and a killcam to show you where the enemy is is difficult........

r8edtripx

myevo8you wrote:

So regaining health, having a constant baby monitor up, having a HUD to show you every little detail, and a killcam to show you where the enemy is is difficult........

More difficult and much more fun than crouch walking the entire match and picking people off without worry of a killcam. ...just saying.

rankismet

r8edtripx wrote:

myevo8you wrote:

Camping in a bush with no killcam is just too easy; Leads to too much frustration. You can keep HC.

No kill-cam makes it too easy... okay... keep telling yourself that, Sport.

r8edtripx

rankismet wrote:

r8edtripx wrote:

myevo8you wrote:

No killcams in HC makes it a camper's paradise; Easy street. You want to tell yourself anything else and you're just fooling yourself, Kiddo.

myevo8you

This is the major ASSUMPTION with people who TRY to play hardcore like they play core. You cannot and I repeat CANNOT run around like a chicken with it's head cut off on Hardcore. One mistake and you die. All the talking and call outs from the game are removed so the players with good headsets can hear enemies better and know which direction they are coming from. Just because a player was sitting somewhere when they killed you does NOT mean they were laying there the whole time waiting. I will make my way through a map, and if I hear an enemy I will take cover and aim for a second or two from the direction their footsteps were coming from. Does this make me a camper? I am ALWAYS on the move and have been called a camper by a LOT of people just because of this tactic. If I hear you I WILL STOP AND AIM WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. This is called COMMON SENSE. I'm sorry that so many players cannot adapt to actually having to play tactical and use their brain, but that is NOT my fault.

r8edtripx

myevo8you wrote:

This is the major ASSUMPTION with people who TRY to play hardcore like they play core. You cannot and I repeat CANNOT run around like a chicken with it's head cut off on Hardcore. One mistake and you die. All the talking and call outs from the game are removed so the players with good headsets can hear enemies better and know which direction they are coming from. Just because a player was sitting somewhere when they killed you does NOT mean they were laying there the whole time waiting. I will make my way through a map, and if I hear an enemy I will take cover and aim for a second or two from the direction their footsteps were coming from. Does this make me a camper? I am ALWAYS on the move and have been called a camper by a LOT of people just because of this tactic. If I hear you I WILL STOP AND AIM WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. This is called COMMON SENSE. I'm sorry that so many players cannot adapt to actually having to play tactical and use their brain, but that is NOT my fault.

Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off is no way to be successful in hardcore or core.

Crouch-walking through most of the game while you soundwhore is something you'd want to do IRL; Not my idea of fun in a video game. (The crouch-walking part. I'm all for soundwhoring.)

What you're describing sounds like a good way to approach HC, but it's too slow for me. On top of that, you definitely have a crap-load of straight-up campers that just revel in the fact that HC is a

No Killcam Zone. Frustration level goes up, fun-factor goes down.

rankismet

r8edtripx wrote:

rankismet wrote:

r8edtripx wrote:

myevo8you wrote:

No killcams in HC makes it a camper's paradise; Easy street. You want to tell yourself anything else and you're just fooling yourself, Kiddo.

Maybe for you there, Champ... some of us have no issue figuring out where a camper is in HC.

natjb2k11

i agree

thecool-reborn

You said less UAV spam make the game more fast pace fun. Heh?

The opposite is true because you where the enemies are at instead of looking around the map.

coolwhhhip

Yeah if you're going for more fast paced, just nerf the ability to hide from it. Less UAVs will have the opposite effect.

UAV's can be taken out with launchers, Counter UAVS, SAM turrets and even your gun. There is no reason to complain about UAV. There are so easy to take out, and only show your postion a few moments ago.

No one complained in COD4. No one complained in WAW. It encourages a fast pace and is equally easy to take out.

The real pace killer are perks that hide you from everything. They encourage camping and kill streak whoring. They need to be balanced with either an equally desirable perk in the same slot, or removed altogether.

Honestly this thread was not a way to reduce Assassin, I could not care less. I personally hate that the enemy team knows where I am constantly with the exessive UAV spam. It needs to be harder to obtain UAVs.

IcyRapture

It won't change anything, I have 0 problems with Assassin and Ghost. 3 killstreak for UAV is a classic, the only thing I would like changed is 3 UAV = advanced UAV. Because one person could easily take off all killstreaks but UAV, get a 6 killstreak and get 3 UAVS.

natjb2k11

they should not change anything about the uav,,, its been in cod since cod 4 and every1 loved it in cod 4 ,,, so y are they complaining about it now,,, uav spamming is no excuse,,, just use assasin

weird-guy

I'd rather keep it the way it is. Besides, I'm sure that the UAV will be a minor worry compared to some other things...

nicedrewishfela

The UAV is essential in CoD. It serves the purpose of keeping the game moving and helping teams locate the opposition. There are ways to combat the UAV, multiple ways, in fact. The funny thing about the UAV is that it can be misleading, as its a sweep. The dots tend to bounce around as players move and can be misjudged. I like it as a lower kill streak, it gets the game moving. If you didn't have it early, you might get a lot of sitting around waiting for someone to make the first move and give away their position.