41 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2012 12:43 PM by WKMMS RSS

A word to all quickscopers

scotland-rules

Well I have something to say to you guys.

I will admit it is impresive. Very impresive sometimes.

When I am on core and I see your perks you use. I loose the will admire you guys because guess what?

When you use QuickDraw Steady Aim and whatever perk 1. I laugh.

These perks make it really easy with a bit of practce and I laugh because I find it pathtic really bloody pathetic.

Now if you don't use they perks I say okay it is still stupid but fair game to them, they have done okay.

Now another matter when you children use the word HARDSCOPING, that is called sniping, I am sure you guys are not aware what that is because Sniping is what Hardscoping is. It is called sniping as you aim down the sites and kill like what a sniper is used for.

Just something I thought I would share.

• Re: A word to all quickscopers
    Snipingdbag

It's more impressive to get a inch precise headshot sniping quickly where you can just see the head of the enemy than to get a simple qs kill (cqb generally). A lot of qsers are just tools who want to get "lucky" ohks. A "hardscoper" to me is someone staying scoped in, in one spot constantly. Not someone steadying the aim, that's what you should do to get an accurate shot off (quickly).

A good cod sniper is fast though and moves constantly. Being an active sniper all-round is the hardest way to play with a sniper in cod regardless of perks (everybody can picks those perks too). I hate marksman though, really ruins the skill of getting a long range kill and it's just annoying.

adsjones

well said ... I have asked someone who was calling me a hardscoper to contact their local army office and ask "how many snipers run round in grass fields in afganistan trying to quickscope taliban" and just see what they say.

"Jones your up! your going to the front line son choose your weapon!!"

"erm ill take the MSR sir and hope i dont die whilst trying to qs someone 6 times, missing then them turning round and knifing me!"

scotland-rules

Agreed.

"I am sorry Madam you son was killed in action today. He true arsehole who put his whole team on the line by running up with his MSR and trying to quick scope his enemy he missed 6 times then one of the enemy brtually knifed him"

See.

Agreed.

zvers

You guy's are right on! Lol! QS reminds me of Halo 1, yes, now you know how old I am. In Halo 1 you could double reload and hit change weapon. After you went back to your gun it was already reloaded! I never thought it was a glitch since you could do it with any gun but QS is a more specific glitch. After Halo 1, the glitch was gone. Sadly, Activision likes to listen to children thinking they will make more money off of them. It's just a farse in my mind.

r8edtripx

adsjones wrote:

well said ... I have asked someone who was calling me a hardscoper to contact their local army office and ask "how many snipers run round in grass fields in afganistan trying to quickscope taliban" and just see what they say.

"Jones your up! your going to the front line son choose your weapon!!"

"erm ill take the MSR sir and hope i dont die whilst trying to qs someone 6 times, missing then them turning round and knifing me!"

Yeah, because COD is just like real life. Snipers in real life are to be commended, snipers in COD are weak. ...and by "snipers" I mean "hardscopers," just in case someone needed clarification. (that's why people say/write "hardscopers." In case there's any confusion.)

Hyperbatong

I don't see why people have to refer to themselves as either a quickscoper or a hardscoper (the so called "real" sniping way) lol. To be a good sniper you have to move constantly and know by instinct if you should quickscope or take a tiny moment to aim more precisely when spotting an enemy. Doing quickscoping exclusively is not a very effective tactic due to lag and hitmarkers. Infact, fully automatics will always be more effective overall than quickscoping.

derf8966

well i have yet you use Quickdraw on my Sniper because i always liked COD4 sniping and i decided to keep it that way. I used Marathon in MW2 and i Now either Use Blastsheild or Assassin in MW3. but people still hate on me.

I like to call my self a "SNIPER" because i do Quickscope and Hardscope when necessary.

and @adsjones idk if you know this but your playing a video game. In life there's no such thing as Perks or Respawning.

btw I can guarantee if i could respawn in real life, im pretty sure i'll jump off a 100ft cliff and try a 1080 no scope across the battle field.

thehunan

What you should have said is "I call my self a SNIPER and I let the game auto  kill for me. "Hardscopeing" is not a word. It is called sniping. That is why there is a scope on it. An how can you call it quick scoping when if done right from what I have seen you never look through the scope. you have that 1/2 a second where the game autoaims for you and you press the L1. And the whole screen is black can see through the scope or your target for that matter.

derf8966

thehunan wrote:

What you should have said is "I call my self a SNIPER and I let the game auto  kill for me. "Hardscopeing" is not a word. It is called sniping. That is why there is a scope on it. An how can you call it quick scoping when if done right from what I have seen you never look through the scope. you have that 1/2 a second where the game autoaims for you and you press the L1. And the whole screen is black can see through the scope or your target for that matter.

Ignorance at its finest. you sir have no idea what your talking about.

Aim Assist doesn't aim for you and the black screen you see is from the kill cam lag.

If it was that easy to do and was all auto aim don't you think a lot more people would have super possitive K/D ratios with their snipers and people that play MLG would use it instead if an ACR or MP7? Also explain, if Aim Assist does all the work how come I can do it just fine in BlackOps with the Target Assist aka (Aim Assist,Auto Aim) off? In addition, PC players can quickscope fine and theirs no AimAssist on PC.

Now don't start calling something an exploit and cheap simply because you don't understand the concept correctly and or simply get frustrated because you go 2-36 in a FFA game trying to replicate what you see in the kill cams.

-Avid Sniper Since COD2

adsjones

@derf8966 - hmmm i wake up every morning put my ps3 console on, load up MW3, grab my controller and step into life. What do you mean its a video game?????

*My world blown out of the water*

I didnt say it was real life I was mearly pointing out that children who hate on you for not playing as they like should get a grip.

But the lack of intellegence in "some" players is obvious isnt it aye

Snipingdbag

In cod4 no gun had qdraw in mw3 / soh pro in mw2 ads speed and the standard scope in time felt fast in cod4. In mw3 it's not and every gun can have qdraw 2x ads speed. I feel the standard ads time is too slow to be able to use snipers actively against good / fast players, on most these maps it's hard as it's to use them actively.

Qdraw qsing is uber annoying though, but I can just switch and scope back.

Lol, I always have to laugh when I read the 'sniper-hate' threads. I say the same thing EVERY time and no one has proven me wrong yet.

Well then, here's a challenge to any of you haters, upload a clip of you 'beasting' with a sniper rifle, hell a a sniper m.o.a.b would be even more impressive. Show us all how that aim assist gets you a flawless game using only your sniper rifle. I dont care what perks or proficiencies you use.

Here is the fact of the matter: Being a good sniper not only involves having a good accuracy, it also involves having great map knowledge and if you are expecting to do well, it requires the player to move around in an intelligent manner in order that you do not get sprayed to bits by an MP7 that has the ability to kill from any range. Being a good sniper requires you to react according to the situation at hand, if that means you need to QS to get that kill then so be it. These maps were not designed for sniping, all the random clutter and mostly short range sights makes sniping all that much harder and at the same time-that much more satisfying if done correctly.

There are VERY FEW players who are truly good with a sniper rifle in this game. Most cannot even hold a posotive KD using one. So please tell me again how snipers are easy to use? I see plenty of players with 2 and even 3+ KD's with fully automatic weapons yet looking at their ELiTE, they have zero kills with a sniper. I honestly could go on and on about how the 'sniper-haters' are 100% wrong but I know I am beating a dead horse, go on whoring your MP7, killing people accross the map with only 4 bullets hating on snipers who only have one shot to kill- when they actually do kill you, you rage about QS and come make a post on the forums- like I said , Lol.

I f**king love you Death.

derf8966

[fnx]sworndeath wrote:

Lol, I always have to laugh when I read the 'sniper-hate' threads. I say the same thing EVERY time and no one has proven me wrong yet.

Well then, here's a challenge to any of you haters, upload a clip of you 'beasting' with a sniper rifle, hell a a sniper m.o.a.b would be even more impressive. Show us all how that aim assist gets you a flawless game using only your sniper rifle. I dont care what perks or proficiencies you use.

Here is the fact of the matter: Being a good sniper not only involves having a good accuracy, it also involves having great map knowledge and if you are expecting to do well, it requires the player to move around in an intelligent manner in order that you do not get sprayed to bits by an MP7 that has the ability to kill from any range. Being a good sniper requires you to react according to the situation at hand, if that means you need to QS to get that kill then so be it. These maps were not designed for sniping, all the random clutter and mostly short range sights makes sniping all that much harder and at the same time-that much more satisfying if done correctly.

There are VERY FEW players who are truly good with a sniper rifle in this game. Most cannot even hold a posotive KD using one. So please tell me again how snipers are easy to use? I see plenty of players with 2 and even 3+ KD's with fully automatic weapons yet looking at their ELiTE, they have zero kills with a sniper. I honestly could go on and on about how the 'sniper-haters' are 100% wrong but I know I am beating a dead horse, go on whoring your MP7, killing people accross the map with only 4 bullets hating on snipers who only have one shot to kill- when they actually do kill you, you rage about QS and come make a post on the forums- like I said , Lol.

#TheTruth

I'm not much of a sniper, I have been sitting at 15th prestige for a month and a half or something and I have my Barrett at level 22.

QuickDraw and Steady Aim make quick scoping far too easy. I could quick scope in CoD4 and MW2 with some success and I find it much easier to quick scope in MW3.

That being said, I totally agree with snipingdbag about quick scoping. It's a tool for a truly skilled sniper. An idiot that runs around only quick scoping isn't a sniper, and is more of a free kill than anything else. A good sniper can quick scope when necessary, but can also hit that headshot on a guy headglitching on the other side of the map

I got killed by a guy with assassin.

Complain.

I got killed by a sniper with quickdraw.

Complain.

Leave tool. you got outplayed.

Coolstorytho.

ITT: Tryhards who get butthurt that Quickscoping actually requires skill. It is not any luck. We always have to put up with hitmarkers, final stand, GB pubstars. If they still use Steady Aim because it helps their aim then player is obviously new to it. I have no problem with hardscopers but I find it useless to sit in a corner with an RSASS and a Claymore seeing how small the maps are and how fast the gameplay should be. I can quickscope w/o any of the above perks. Since COD4 gtfo this game cancer. I don't make threads bashing striker professionals so why should you bash quickscopers? - If it's about those 1v1 me QS ******* then the thread is somewhat valid.

youre gay bro

Your welcome. I know you cant fathom the skill it takes to control an objective game while on qsing but thats ok. I know you luck spammed a qs once or twice and assume its easy to run on an obj w/ most of the enemy on it and come out alive. You go use all the "hard guns" like the MP7, ACR & Type and Ill use the easy way out and control a game with skill

adsjones

this post is now just crap its a game dudes not real stop getting angry

derf8966

Just Explained everything i know to thehunan..i wonder if i changed his out look on quickscoping?

ill be waiting for a response

rlbl

I was a split screen pvt match and decided to yank out the sniper. I saw my opponant so I scoped in quickly and shot him.

I could clearly see him, but in his kill cam I never scoped in (e.g. it looked like a black screen).

Is this what he was talking about?

derf8966

thats exactly it.. and i showed him that you can do it without AimAssist by putting friendly fire on and quickscoping him while hes on my team.. aimassist has no efect on players of the same team.

monkeylord

The more aggressive you become in your sniping or the more you play the objective while using a sniper rifle the more likely you are to use QS.

The only reason I don't really use it at the moment is because I use the RSASS on my sniper build and with that it's more no-scoping that pulls you out of the fire when someone pops up unexpected.

QSing is just using a video game weapon to it's fullest.

Thesandman

I never learned how to QS and im wondering if im missing something and is it worthwhile? Why are the bolt action sniper rifles usually the ones that QS use and why instead of single fire ones like the barret? I do not like proper sniping being named hardscoping,but thats just my own opinion. I guess i just dont like all the names that gaming kids use these days.

Sniping is an art in COD any one can hold breath and shoot but it takes a true COD sniper to pick and choose shoots in close quarters and distance shots. I am happy they allowed quickscopers back it brings a sense of community if you do it the right way. All i use is assasin and marksman. So i quickscope for fun not because i think it is real sniping but for fun you wouldnt quickscope in real life that is why I do it virtually.