32 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2012 8:52 PM by crazycanuk RSS

(XBOX)TEAM LEGACY RECRUITING 21+, 2.00 K/D MIN MEMBERS. APPLY TODAY!!

crazycanuk

Team Legacy is on the search for some loyal, respectful, skilled members to join. We have been around over 5 years and we are a close knit team. 

We will be moving to BOPs 2 once it is released.  Currently recruiting for MW3.

We are looking for players who have a minimum of a 2.00 K/D on their stats (if you have less than this, but feel you are a stronger player than what yours is, please apply!). 21 years and older only.  Looking for members who are on a near daily basis.  We focus highly on communication, so if you don't talk, don't bother to apply.

Only interested in dedicated and serious team players who are looking for a long term team.

If you would like to tryout, please go to our website www.teamlegacyhq.com/recruitment and send in an application.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post on our team forums.

Please note our most common games we play are KC, DOM, TDM, Team Defender.  We are a North America based clan and are only recruiting NA players.  We compete on GB and we are an Elite team.

• Re: (XBOX)TEAM LEGACY RECRUITING 21+, 2.00 K/D MIN MEMBERS. APPLY TODAY!!

Still looking for a few more players, apply before recruitment is full

Using KD as the only "in game" requirement?

If you're after a better pool of players to select from, you might be better off making your selection process a little more sophisticated.

Im from the UK which rules me out (understandably by the way) but my KD is 1.76. Yet, plenty of players who have KD's over 2.00 I know Im better then them just by the way play, ragequit etc. As Im from the UK this is simply hypothetical but would someone like me with an overall KD of 1.76 but a TDM KD of 2.82 qualify?

crazycanuk

Based on years of recruiting, this is the best way for us to find the best possible people.  We do not solely look at KD, but as a base requirement.  We will gladly try people out who are interested.  Based on what we have seen and experienced, our requirements fit exactly what we are looking for, for skill wise.

Still recruiting!

Apply today!

Dont get me wrong, a player who has a KD of exactly 2.00 is going to better then 99.99999% of players who have a KD of 0.50. However, from about 0.90 onwards, the stat becomes more and more unreliable at revealing a players ability.

For example, if you got 1000 random players together with a KD of exactly 2.00, their skill levels would be greatly different from one another.

All of this is even more important if your team play objective modes.

crazycanuk

I disagree.  We play objective as well as TDM, it is not hard to maintain a 2.00 (or pretty close) killing and going for an objective, if they are indeed a skilled player.  All it takes is playing with a good team, playing smart and strategic.

Ah, you make a very telling comment:

"All it takes is playing with a good team, playing smart and strategic."

Using my previous example (of 1000 random 2.00 KD players), if you were to put them on the same team, then yes, their scores etc would be broadly same. However, this is because the test of their skills is severely mitigated by the presence of each other on the same team.

You put them solo with 11 random teammates/opponents (lets say all 1.00 kd guys) THEN you would see a much wider gap in skill from one player to the next. This because its more a test of individual skill. Many players, in attempt to make up for this extra burden, decide to take an easier route and sacrifice the probability of winning in order to make sure they "get theirs first." Thats understandable but immediately waters down the meaning applied to the numbers that are generated.

I have 35 hours of CTF on MW3. That is all playing solo. I always go for the win. I never ragequit. My KD is 1.76. That is a considerably different task to playing domination in a full party of 2.00KD players (where the burden of actually getting the win is almost non-existant). Dont get me wrong, Im not trying to make out Im a superstar (trust me, Im far from it) but Id bet a million that some players in your clan could do it as well but just as many (if not more) wouldnt be able to hack it.

There seems to be this view in CoD that a player with a 1.4KD is slightly better then a 1.39KD player, who in turn is slightly better then a 1.38KD player and so on. From about 0.90 upwards, this is simply not the case.

The overall point being, due to various factors that have very little to do with skill, KD stats become detached, warped etc from a players ability. Let me stress, this doesnt mean its meaningless, it just means it has less-meaning then what is generally attributed to it.

As I said earlier, my comment was made with the view to make your search more "sophisticated." Your way will certainly cut out the complete non starters but will be overlooking many players who actually are considerably better then some of the players you are already carrying (relatively speaking.)

JPE777 wrote:

There seems to be this view in CoD that a player with a 1.4KD is slightly better then a 1.39KD player, who in turn is slightly better then a 1.38KD player and so on. From about 0.90 upwards, this is simply not the case.

As I said earlier, my comment was made with the view to make your search more "sophisticated." Your way will certainly cut out the complete non starters but will be overlooking many players who actually are considerably better then some of the players you are already carrying (relatively speaking.)

I understand what you're saying, and to an extent, I agree that while it is not the most reliable stat due to random circumstances, it is the only stat that gives us a good general idea of a player.  In the past, people have applied that did not meet the 2.00 KD requirement, however, specifically for one person, their application was everything we could ask for and they were very interested in joining.  We decided to give them a try and after finding their strengths and weaknesses in public and private matches, we determined that they were just as good of a player as any of us. 

Our newest member(the person I was talking about above), BlankY, was recruited and he has made an amazing addition to the team.  My point is, if you make a great impression on your application and your KD is a little lower than 2.00, then there will be no reason for us to outright decline you. 

If you are interested in applying to the team, then go for it!

Also, there's the other side of the application process where people that do have 2.00+ do not put any effort into their application and we immediately decline them.  That can be seen here: http://teamlegacyhq.com/dynamixZzx-app-215.html

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me here or on the site.

Thanks,

tL Pro-phecy

I disagree JPE777, for similar reasons to CrazyCanuk.

In call of duty, there are a lot of different gamers that play the game.  We, Team Legacy, are looking for people that are above average(2.00+ K:D ratio) and to relate to my counter-strike roots, have:

1. Desire
              2. Discipline
              3. Dedication

When people send in an application to our website, we thoroughly review the effort they put into the application as well as the content of the application.  If we deem that they are more than interested in joining(which we determine based upon the effort they put forth into the application), then we will have them add us on Xbox Live.  From there, we play public matches and private matches and record data to determine their strong points and weak points.  If they are not very good at holding objectives, but are good at rushing objectives, then we will give them feedback.  If they do not adjust to our feedback then they are not what we are looking for as we are also looking for players that can easily adapt in a match or over a period of time.

Conclusively, we are looking for people that are the best or can at least prove to us that they can become the best through time and training.  I realize that by limiting the amount of recruits to K:D leaves a lot of people out, that could possibly be the fit for the team, however, apply when you reach a 2.00 K:D as that shows us that you have the 3D's necessary to join our team.

BennnetsGreen

would love to join guys but im from australia. keep it up!

You also take the quality of their application into account? Excellent move in my opinion.

However, Id be willing to bet that if you made your statistical requirements more sophisticated, youd see the quality of your applications increase (and the number of those you have to reject would fall.)

From the sounds of it, you are already doing in this process what Im in part, trying to argue. The only difference here being the arbitary stat that Id argue (certainly at that level anyway) is distorted and has a lot of "noise" attached to it (please google the 'noise' description if you dont understand.)

Crikey, I cant wait for Black Ops 2 League play!

crazycanuk

The stat in our requirements will not change.  We have attempted changing this in the past, and nothing has changed for the applicants.  We do not want a mass influx of people trying out, we want people who are the interested, dedicated and skilled/willing to get better players.  We have been success in doing so thus far.

crazycanuk

actively recruiting, apply today

To be clear, Im not arguing that you should lower the KD stat requirement only.

Im arguing that you lower it by quite a margin AND add in other stat requirements (Score Per Minute and Win Loss being definite inclusions.)

This is purely hypothetical as I cant qualify for geographical reasons (which are perfectly understandable by the way) but someone like me with a KD of 1.76 could actually ragequit my KD up to 2.00 even though that would actually make me a worse player.

Its 99% certain you have at least some members who have effectively (either knowingly or probably unknowingly) already done this.

If your aim is to get a tough group of players together to go pubstomping, then your approach will largely do the job required. But even you're trying to get the strongest team possible, then you're some way off from what I can see.

Regardless, good luck with it.

Team is filling up quickly. You want a shot to become a member? Then go apply now!

crazycanuk

Just out of curiousity sake, what would you suggest we make our KD requirement for our posts?

We do not want a mass amount of people applying, we want only a select few who are looking for the type of team we are running.  We will never discourage someone who has, for example a 1.8 from applying. 

We record all scores from every game type, keep note of objectives, etc etc.  We want to see how consistent someone is.  So even if their stats do not reflect it, we have scores from there tryout that tell us what they are capable of playing at.

Hi, only just seen this question.

It depends on what game modes you are looking at etc but my main point is that your kd only requirement (as it first appears anyway) is open to "soft" players to potentially get in. As Ive said before in this thread, you can get two players with a KD of exactly 2.00 and they can be considerably different in ability.

Personally, if I was looking for players myself for objective gamemodes, Id go as low as 0.9 but include other tough stat measures as well (such as score per minute. The level of which would depend on the gamemode.) Id also put in other requirements such as for domination, Id want their total flag captures to domination kills ratio to be 1:10 or lower. Anybody who is 1:15+ is blatantly not playing to win and wouldnt interest me regardless of KD (the very "soft" aspect I mentioned ealier.)

If you're into TDM only, fair enough, the 2KD limit looks very reasonable but Id still include a score per minute requirement too.

The problem is that for various reasons, everybody as a certain amount of "soft KD" included in their stats. A lot of these reasons arent even the players fault. However, some are clearly within the power of the player and are often abused in order to inflate KD's. By instigating a 2.00kd requirement only, a decent amount of players that "qualify" will have been there courtesy of "soft" reasons which if anything, indicate the opposite of being skillful etc.

My KD is around 1.75 and I know I could actually ragequit my KD up to 2.00 (by simply backing out of any game where the opposition are remotely decent). Would this mean Im now a better player or (imo) be a worse one?

crazycanuk

I am going to disagree with you.  Anyone who can play an objective and is a skilled all around player, should have no trouble maintaining in or around a 2.00 kd.  I have seen a lot of players come and go through the years for tryouts and we have raised our KD requirement from a 1.25 up to what it is now because the caliber of players we want, we were not getting.

Every single person on my team can easily maintain well above a 2.00 while consistently going for the objective, regardless of the mode they are playing. 

Now do not get me wrong, I am not calling anyone a 'bad' player, but based on what we are looking for we have had very few people come trhough that meet our criteria, our criteria is not only skill mind you.

We have had players who tried out and who had less than the 2.00 KD and be successful, it is an expectation that during the course of the tryout that they be able to maintain that.  We took plenty of factors into consideration, but we have found through many trials that our standard 2.00 is perfect for our team. Your 0.90 KD requirement is in my opinion a bit of a joke.  We are not wanting 123123 people tryout at any given time, we want the few select people who feel they have found the right team to try out.  If anyone wants to try out, we will never turn anyone away.

Now if you are going to keep track of lets say points captured or flags capped, you are basically eliminating any strategic player out there.  Take my team for example, In DOM we capture 2 flags and defend those flags, while maintaining the spawns.  There is no reason for us to push when we can just hold 2 points and win.  So your stats would be thrown out the window in that case.  We look for strategic and smart players who can play as a team...not lonewolfs.

Someone who is so focused on the objective who may not have the KD stats that we are looking for...lets go with your 0.90, can just be feeding the other team kills.  If you are constantly running for an objective and dying...what's the point beside giving the other team the advantage. 

We want strong, objective and strategic players that are able to adapt to team play.

Based on what you think our stat requirements should be changed to, just won't work with who we are looking for.

If all you're after is a capable "shot" player to party up with to go pubstomping with who has enough discipline to keep a spawn hold purely to make stat acquisition as easy as possible, then fair enough, it wont make much difference.

However, if you're after the best, most all round player you can get, your missing out quite a bit. Im curious if you do this or not, but in a tryout Id also include watching their games while playing solo. Playing in a strong team can hide many flaws and can even boost stats. (By all means try them out in teams too of course to measure communication etc.) If you have enough available players, Id even do internal tryouts where you all play with and against each other.

With a KD requirement of 0.90+ BUT with tough other measures wouldnt mean youd have loads of applications because of the other factors they'd have to satisfy. Besides, none of what you said addresses my question/comment that I could easyily ragequit my KD to the qualifying level (something players already do largely unwittingly.)

Regardless, good luck with it.

Theres a difference between aiming and playing to improve your stats and actually improving leading to improved stats.

crazycanuk

I appreciate your comments, but you seem to fail at understanding how our team runs and you miss the points we have made previously.

If someone wants to rage quit to get their numbers up, they would be declined quickly. I can easily distinguish someone who has skill and who doesn't. 

Your 0.90 KD is ridiculous, even with other numbers in factor.  Like I said repeatedly, we do not want loads of applications.  We are a SMALL team, and want to keep it a small team with the best. 

If someone feels they can compete at the level we want, they are most welcome to tryout.  But based on what you have been saying, which I am assuming is in relation to your skill.  You would need to rage quit yourself to maintain the KD we are looking for.  Numbers are a guideline for us, we look at skill and we have plenty of ways to test that during our tryout process.  Private and public matches.

But what you seem to be forgeting is that there are a lot of players, including every member of my team that can maintain well over a 2.00 KD while going for the objective and winning almost every game.  Our SPM, win ratio, captures, defends, you name it my team can meet every requirement we are looking for.  You think we are limiting based on the requirements, which is completely false.  It helps maintain the elite team we strive to be for many years.