1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 86 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 3:11 AM by Jus_call_me_J Go to original post RSS
  • 75. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!

Just curious, do you back out or dashboard when you are cruising games to put video together?

Most of the video commentators I see are serial quitters/dashboarders.

I'm guessing more dashboard to preserve their stats so they can keep their (ill gotten) credibility with their viewing public.

• 76. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!

WKMMS wrote:

There are no legit stats in this game.  Either you pull host and find yourself on the wrong end of lagvantage, or you're not host and you're likely doing well at someone elses expense.  It's for that reason I don't see the point in dashboarding.  If I find myself in one of those games where it feels unplayable, I'll back out and let the host migration happen. But if someone dashboards, no big deal,  I'll just move on to the next game.

I think in the end this is the right attitude.

I've decided to only care about my stats in the context of improving them as evidence that I'm getting better/achieving something, and to compare to those on my friends list as we have a lot of fun/competition trying to stay ahead of someone or catch them on score, wins, kills, etc.

Perhaps the only two valid uses of stats.

In the end it's a little pathetic and sad for those who dashboard just before the end of the game.. it's like a whole generation can't seem to clue-in to the fact that means your efforts have no INTEGRITY, but that's probably a by-product of the "everybody gets a medal, there are no losers" culture that is wussifying this country.

• 77. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!

I think it sucks if you get spawned into a losing game, but you know what?  See if you can turn the tide.  Sometimes you can (especially if you have 1-2 guys with you) and it's really rewarding.

If not... work on some part of your game... drop shots, sniping, shot-gunning, whatever.  Consider if a few minutes of "practice". 

Yeah, you'll take a loss, but so what?  Anybody with at least a decent amount of time in this game... that loss doesn't materially impact your W/L ratio.  1 loss out of, say, 3,000 games?

Not noticeable. 

Play it out and move on

• 78. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!
    DaRyuujin

So you refuse to pad your stats legitimately by playing an Infected for a free win, but you are happy to pad your stats illegitimately via the dashboard... That's not self serving double standards at all. Well done you are a  hypocrite...

And FYI there are ways to adapt and preserve your stats legitimately when everyone on the enemy team seems to have a half second advantage. Go uber defensive or hide somewhere with very long sight lines for one. Grab a USAS if it's a small map for two...

Can't really be bothered to go on because my advice is lost on you...

Face it you are as fake as your stats...

BTW, did you put your COD stats on your last job application or in the last love letter you wrote to a pretty girl?

see here I am just stating my POV and you gotta start the insults? yea real mature way to get your point across let me tell you being a douche is DEFIANTLY the way to make people see your side =.= its people like you that help turn threads into flame wars

you can call me fake if you want but i know how good i played MW2 and ik how good i play MW3 when I'm not lagging you dont know me so you cant just that about me, but in a way my stats ARE legit because if the match IS NOT LAGGING and im playing a LEGIT GAME then i will stay in wether im getting my ass kicked, the match is almost over and im thrown on the loosing team or what ever the ONLY time i dash is when i'm lagging because I'm playing with a severe handicap and thats far from a "legit game'

and yes..let me grab a USAS when they are half a second ahead of me that way I can shoot at the corner they come around (but in reality shoot 3 feet to their left) get a hit marker at what looks like point blank (if im lucky to get a shot off) then instantly drop thats def a anti lag tatic.

anybody who suffers from lag knows no change in game play is gonna matter because when the enemy is in a location DIFFERENT then what you see on your screen its pretty damn impossible to hit them unless they are running directly at you not trying to kill you So for you to be saying things like that show me your ignorant to how bad some people get lagged in this game

but as far as talking about this with you, the fact that you started to throw out childish insults just shows the type of person you are and that YOU are the one who shouldn't be bothered with because you cant keep up a mature conversation with somebody whos views differ from yours

now that im done with the person who insults somebody for no reason this is what I say to everybody else. If you dash EARLY in the game because you realize its a game where your gonna be a half of second behind (which is what I do) then your NOT padding your stats your just not having a laggy game go on your record because you know no matter WHAT tatic you use your gonna be ******. BUT if you wait untill the end of the game to dash then your most likely padding your stats or just hoping your host to **** everybody else over.

• 79. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!

DaRyuujin wrote:

So you refuse to pad your stats legitimately by playing an Infected for a free win, but you are happy to pad your stats illegitimately via the dashboard... That's not self serving double standards at all. Well done you are a  hypocrite...

And FYI there are ways to adapt and preserve your stats legitimately when everyone on the enemy team seems to have a half second advantage. Go uber defensive or hide somewhere with very long sight lines for one. Grab a USAS if it's a small map for two...

Can't really be bothered to go on because my advice is lost on you...

Face it you are as fake as your stats...

BTW, did you put your COD stats on your last job application or in the last love letter you wrote to a pretty girl?

see here I am just stating my POV and you gotta start the insults? yea real mature way to get your point across let me tell you being a douche is DEFIANTLY the way to make people see your side =.= its people like you that help turn threads into flame wars

you can call me fake if you want but i know how good i played MW2 and ik how good i play MW3 when I'm not lagging you dont know me so you cant just that about me, but in a way my stats ARE legit because if the match IS NOT LAGGING and im playing a LEGIT GAME then i will stay in wether im getting my ass kicked, the match is almost over and im thrown on the loosing team or what ever the ONLY time i dash is when i'm lagging because I'm playing with a severe handicap and thats far from a "legit game'

and yes..let me grab a USAS when they are half a second ahead of me that way I can shoot at the corner they come around (but in reality shoot 3 feet to their left) get a hit marker at what looks like point blank (if im lucky to get a shot off) then instantly drop thats def a anti lag tatic.

anybody who suffers from lag knows no change in game play is gonna matter because when the enemy is in a location DIFFERENT then what you see on your screen its pretty damn impossible to hit them unless they are running directly at you not trying to kill you So for you to be saying things like that show me your ignorant to how bad some people get lagged in this game

but as far as talking about this with you, the fact that you started to throw out childish insults just shows the type of person you are and that YOU are the one who shouldn't be bothered with because you cant keep up a mature conversation with somebody whos views differ from yours

now that im done with the person who insults somebody for no reason this is what I say to everybody else. If you dash EARLY in the game because you realize its a game where your gonna be a half of second behind (which is what I do) then your NOT padding your stats your just not having a laggy game go on your record because you know no matter WHAT tatic you use your gonna be ******. BUT if you wait untill the end of the game to dash then your most likely padding your stats or just hoping your host to **** everybody else over.

Sorry if you feel insulted...

Didn't mean to insult you when I pointed out that your dashboarding practices are perfectly hypocritical...

So is complaining that I insulted you in the same paragraph you called me a douche... (pretty sure douche is an insult)

Bet you don't dash out of lagggy games that are going your way do you?

And FYI Dashboarding when you are losing isn't really the "mature" thing to do...

Sorry to inform you of this, but your stats are DEFINITELY (not DEFIANTLY) fake...

• 80. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!
    DaRyuujin

lets see "BTW, did you put your COD stats on your last job application or in the last love letter you wrote to a pretty girl?" seem like a pretty senseless insult that had nothing to do with the topic so yes you were being a douche

and yes let me tell you when I'm not lagging I can SO tell when other people are so that stupid argument was...well stupid

and FYI I've dashboarded out of winning games also I dash w/i the first min if there is lag so it has nothing to do with winning/loosing

So i'm sorry to inform you but you are in no position to call my stats fake its just your opnion and we all know what they say about opnions and ******** ^.^

• 81. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!
    CowboySr

This thread officially jumped the shark.

• 82. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!

• 83. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!

DaRyuujin wrote:

lets see "BTW, did you put your COD stats on your last job application or in the last love letter you wrote to a pretty girl?" seem like a pretty senseless insult that had nothing to do with the topic so yes you were being a douche

and yes let me tell you when I'm not lagging I can SO tell when other people are so that stupid argument was...well stupid

and FYI I've dashboarded out of winning games also I dash w/i the first min if there is lag so it has nothing to do with winning/loosing

So i'm sorry to inform you but you are in no position to call my stats fake its just your opnion and we all know what they say about opnions and ******** ^.^

The first paragraph? That was in no way an insult. It was a simple question to highlight the fact that your stats are not important in the real world...

Second? Well I have no clue what you mean there, I'm sorry...

The third and forth? Didn't say W/L said "Going your way" meaning your personal stats KDR and WL. Please tell me when is the last time that you backed out of a laggy game "w/i the first min" where some other poor guy was getting the bad end of the deal, and you were 5 kills 0 deaths and in front on points? NEVER happened has it? Double standards?

Fifth? I'm in exactly the position to call your stats fake, because you have already admitted, manipulating them via the dashboard. Opinions mine or yours don't really have anything to do with it...

We can all cherry pick which games "count" towards our stats if we want to, but most of us just take the rough with the smooth, and have legit stats. You dashboarders make me laugh. One minute you are in a thread like this freely admitting what you do, and the next you are in another thread telling anyone who will listen about your 3kdr...

I could make a second account and manipulate a 10kdr if I was the one policing whether or not my game was *cough* *ahem* "too laggy that one"...

• 84. Re: Done with the DASHBOARDING!

lol good one

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next