16 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 12:18 PM by RAMBONER RSS

Ive never lost by so much before. What else could I have done?

In all seriousness I havent lost a game since way back when. The MW days when I was a noob. Even with my scrub teamates I thought Id be able to control the game enough to get the W. Boy was I wrong. Please, please, please play the obj every once in a while. I locked up the objective 2 times with ks and yet noone wanted to get it on my team. Seriously? You that afraid of taking a death even w/the enemy getting ownd?

I know it starts out slow but I realized the party against me wasnt messing around and needed to drop the hammer.

You guys think I could have done more against the party?

Did I do enough to put my team in a spot to help a little and win?

Let me know your thoughts.

• Re: Ive never lost by so much before. What else could I have done?

Wow....You are very good. I feel sorry that you did not have better teammates. I don't usually enjoy watching videos of someone trying to show off their skills. But, your video was trully impressive. I like drop zone and am pretty good at it too. Add me 'srikifreaky' on ps3 if you are interested.

Thanks. Not showing off but I like to show that I do take losses. I know I run my mouth on this forum alot. Nice to show some good and bad. But atleast ppl cant say I hide, avoid the objective or play cheap.

I just cant believe none of my teamates wanted that jugg, stealth, or even get on that DZ for a CP when I was in a reaper. Never had an entire team that wanted to avoid the objective even when it was safe. If this was a few years ago I would have snapped my controller. Learned my lesson from MW2 4 controllers later.Add me if you get on. THISGUYGOTCHA Ill be on tomorrow prob around 10 am eastern. till about noonish.

Sometimes you can't carry it all on your own.  You are good, but your teammates are definitely letting you down.

i just hate carrying my teammates around

Snipingdbag

Dropzone is retarded, you died every second or at least it felt like that. I am not going to play the objective head one when everybody knows when & where you need to go / be just to spam explosives with erratic spawns in the mix and constant care package support..

To get a high w/l party up a lot against randoms constantly. That is key. To get a very high one Dashboard along the way or be very good like your team.

Playing solo and carrying a team when it does happen is awesome though.

Spawns arent as erratic as you think. Once you get used to it you know the 2 main spawn points the enemy can come from. But yes Dome is bad. I think I took about 6 deaths from either the enemy or I getting spawn in a terrible location.

Cant avoid the obj when my team has no interest in doing it. I wont roll over and take the loss. You gonna have to take a beating to your KD for a win vs me.

Magic_Muschroom

Sucks when it happens but you did good work 1 against 6

rlbl

Sorry I was not in that game with you; I would have helped!

If you are on this weekend, send me an invite.

On topic:

If I have said it once, I will say it a million times. We (including the devs) have created this problem ourselves.  Stats are fun, and it is nice to see our stats improve, but as dbag said above... everyone knows where you are so if you cap, you are an easy target.

People who want to improve their stats don't cap (I would say this is artificial stat buffing)

Good players can play the objective and still have decent stats (like yourself)

Average players can play the objective and have average stats (like myself)

If people stopped caring about their stats so much and played the game to play the game, everyone's "stats" would be where they are , and nobody would fuss over it.

Snipingdbag

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4081/79794883.png

Here is an awesome game I ended up winning against some clan of killwhores. 4 People on my team got completely raped as you can see. I destroyed two osprey-gunners with my emps. Was so annoying to play (as they had constant air support) but awesome seeing those douches lose at the end of the game.

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6352/gff.png

Here is a game I lost getting a 5.5 k/d, score over 5000 with 6 caps, we actually got triple capped while I was in my ac130. W/L isn’t an accurate stat. If I get a higher score than anyone on the other team that won, you’re telling me I deserved to lose simply for having killwhoring (mainly or only) or well below average teammates on my team?

W/L is hugely based on if you party up, what game mode you play mainly and who you play against. I play everybody I get matched up against generally.

You dont see me back out unless they are speaking a completely foreign language. No need to deal with the connection as its tough enough playing with ppl a state away. A good player can manage a 2 win loss on their own. Its not that hard but you have to be mentally built that way. Most ppls thought process is to not die and go slow and be safe for the obj. Mine is to run balls deep and start spraying. I will admit Im a panic player and what I mean by that is I react and aim faster when I encounter a group and have no time for thoughts. I thrive in chaos while playing this game. In 1v1 situations Im a little above average.

To ans your Q about deserving the loss, No you dont but unfortunately its given anyways.

****To RLBL: Probably be on at some point on Saturday and Sunday. Have a busy week with graduations and need to work, and fix a few things on the car. But Ill def pick you up for some DZ wins.

rlbl

I think you generally proved that all stats are rubbish, and looking at them is totally meaningless.

Play with/against a player to find out if their stats mean anything

me and a bunch of random's put a beat down on few people from 2 clans. They were talking so much crap we beat them 7500 - 3200. They all quit after that.

Your overall skill and control of the game is pretty great. You could even play a little more aggressive objectively though imo. Not sure why you're not in the first zone more. That is the zone that requires arguably the most aggression. Get in there with your SMG and throw down a tac insertion and stay there. I wouldn't be sniping in that situation either, you wouldn't have missed your first kill if you had your SMG in that spot. Nothing you can do about the sniper up on the railing for your second death though. Although that kind of player, not going for the zone, is exactly the type of player you want on the enemy team, so no complaining there. Good job heading to the 4th zone ahead of time. Getting there before it even starts is a huge advantage. Another good time for a tac insertion, although you should probably be using them constantly. You also should've been able to predict that the zone goes back to the first zone in the center after it cycles through all the zones, and get there a little ahead of time.

Overall, nothing you could've done, I even lose matches with my amazing teammate occasionally. It's just due to the other teammates not even considering playing objectively. That doesn't end very well when you are against a group of 6 who are actually going for the objective, although it's rare to run into that.

You're not bad overall. Id' be interested in seeing your win ratio and playing some DZ with you. We could use teammates like you, and vice versa. View my post and add me if you're interested in playing:

http://community.callofduty.com/message/205739428#205739428

RAMBONER

For what its worth man I am impressed.  Not by your kills but how relentless you are toward the objective.  Was like watching myself play only with about 20 more kills and 10 less deaths haaa....

From reading your posts on here for a long time I wouldnt have expected you to push that hard at the obj. with no regard for dying......props there man for sure.

Tip from an average player::  If you are playng dz, especially on a smaller map use an LMG with marksman.  Nobody wears assasin and marksman lights them up through the red smoke when you are in the dz.  They arent bad with speed prof, qdraw, and steady aim.  Plus you dont need SOH so you can use extreme conditioning which when added to speed prof. it gets you around the map as fast as a smg without ext. cond.