35 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2012 3:57 PM by slap1i RSS

How often do you use C4?

For me i have totally given up on frags and semtex, they just don't have the bang i'm looking for.  Betties are nothing like they used to be, and whats the point of using claymores when you can't scavenge  extras from ammo bags. For my money i go C4 all the way and heres why,    Blast shield is completly useless against them and the blast radius is almost double that of an RPG.  I have 250 multi kills with the RPG but i have close to 300 mutli kills with C4.   in total i have 1500 C4 kills. If you play Domination the Rpg/C4 combo along with your choice of weapon and perks( i prefer quickdraw so i can throw the C4 faster and aim the Rpg faster) is downright BADA$$. i cannot tell you how many times i have stopped multiple enemies from stealing the capture zone with a well placed C4 over a wall.  I would have to say my favorite feature of the C4 is that there is no reqiured trajectory for your throw, I'll explain- Lets say someone is trying to capture B and you are on the opposite side of the wall but literally like 5 feet from the guy but theres no way to shoot him but you could throw your explosive over the top of the wall, and with semtex you can't bounce it off anything, and with a frag you have to cook it for a second or two and try to arc it right but most of the time they roll the wrong way. BUT with C4 all you do is aim over the wall, jump toss the C4 and double tap X and problem solved.   My highest multikill with c4 was an awesome triple kill on dome where i threw it over a wall at three people trying to take B and they all died before they could get it,,         What are some of your stories with C4

• Re: How often do you use C4?
    TheHonch

You seem to go from asking how often someone uses C4 to asking for C4 stories.  I can answer the first one.  I have never used C4...ever since I got my first throwing knife kill cam it's throwing knife all the way.  Quiet, reusable, and just plain fun.

to be quite honest i didn't have to work today and my GF did so im kinda bored and was wondering what topic i could start that would get alot of responses, apparently C4 was not the way to go.  But i will agree with you "TheHonch" becuase my first 3 prestiges i used the throwing knife extensivly, but i didn't really get good with it until the end of my third prestige, i could get 5-6 kills a game with it

MaxKirgan

I love defending B on Liberation with C4. I love to toss  the c4 up from underneath the bridge at unspecting enemies. I get 2 or 3 everytime.

JoshFox

I use C4 and Bouncing Betty all the time. Here's a video of some of my techniques for getting lots of easy kills:

CowboySr

I use C4 on my running classes-mp7s-shott guns, I use betties on the rest, except claymores or SnD.

it all depends on what game type and map im playing like if im playing team defender or dropzone on dome then the c4 is definitely coming out to play

Judging by the times I got all blowed up by C4 last night... I'm guessing people are using it plenty.

I dabble with it but TBH I just can't get good at throwing it where I want it to go.

'Nades on the other hand?  I'm a freakin artist.  Yeah, I'll puff my chest out here.  I've got em down pat.  I get ridiculous kills all the time, and I ain't fishin... I know great spots where to huck em and I've gotten pretty good at guessing when someones going to be loafing around that particular kill zone.

I think I'm up to top 5,000 in the world for "most frag kills" accolade.

Because I'm a frag whore, and a turrible C4/Semtex guy.  Can't throw the plastique to save my life (figuratively) and Semtex... I just end up sticking them in places I didn't want them to stick.   Bettys... eh.  Take em or leave em.  Stalker can't outrun a frag explosion.

ragnarokchi

How often?  Every single match, it's all I ever use in the lethal slot.  It's the best option by far.

Stories?  My best is a quad-kill on Hardhat in Dom.  I also sometimes get into showdowns with people, run around the corner and toss some C4.  When they give chase, *BOOM*.  I've gotten good at hiding satchels by objectives so alert enemies or those using SitRep can't easily see them.  A lot of times when I come upon a prone camping sniper, I'll just drop a satch on his rear end for grins >:)

I use C4 on almost all my classes and its one of the first things i spent a prestige token on. I currently have 3700 kills with it...

I play mostly DZ and some DOM, and on these objective based games its awesome. Heres a quad kill and a long throw triple kill. I love trying for those "impossible" throws, ultimate satisfaction when you have "great success"

i would agree with Petey Lew, there are some occasions where people use STALKER PRO and for some reason it does delay the c4 for about 2 seconds, thats about the only downside to using C4.    But stalker has lost its Fame and i see alot more people usuing sitrep now and dead silence after the patch. i can't blame them but im a STALKER all the way.

mojocu

776 C4 kills since 9th Prestige, that was the first time I used it.  Now I'm 15th.

I loooove it.  774 and mostly been playing S&D since 9th.

Never used it in previous CoD's, been playing since CoD4.

Got a nice triple the other day in S&D with it. 

Snipingdbag

It's on all my classes. On launch day I noticed semtex and nads being weak. So I immediately began trying out the claymore, betty and eventually c4, only to never look back. Well over 5000 kills. I believe it gives me over 2 kills per game on average, but then again you do die here and there trying to throw it as well.

^^^ i agree man i used to die alot throwing the C4 until i started using quickdraw, the difference was dramatic, you throw it almost twice as fast

my custom setup i use is MK14 rapid fire- Acog scope, Sleight of hand, quickdraw, and stalker, with the C4, portable radar and Rpg.  its funny to becuase everytime i spawn i swap to the RPG and get a kill with it first, then after it runs out of ammo i switch to my primary.  but no matter what weapon im usin if i see a moment where i can get a kill with c4, Im gonna take it

A multi kill is 4 or more enemies. You are a big liar or just confused. 300 multi kills with C4 and 1500 total C4 kills. 300 times 4 equals 1200. That means 80 percent of the time you throw C4 you kill 4 or more enemies. I am ranked 14 in the world with C4. I have 16,000 C4 kills and around 15 to 20 multi kills (4 or more enemies) with C4. I use C4 on every class every game. You may have 300 double kills with C4 but that would mean you get a double kill 40 percent of the time with C4. I doubt it. There are a handful of people better than me with C4 and I promise you we don't get 40 percent double kills with C4. How do you know you have 300 double kills with C4. Do you write each of them down?

love c4 wish i had used a token on it just started using it last prestige , its very good for clearing flags on dom .

opb81

I use it enough to have earned the most c4 kills accolade 907 times. 3300 plus c4 kills at the moment, my favorite lethal choice by far

Here are a few of my better c4 moments.

scolia5044

I use C4 on all of my classes except my sniper classes C4 + Ground Wars = Multi kill

i use c4 all the time. by far my favorite piece of equipment, and definitely the most reliable. i rarely ever get hitmarkers with it, which is awesome. Favorite places to probably use it would be on enemies taking the B flags in domination. Favorite maps would probably be carbon (throwing it from B over the wall down to A), mission (all over the place), and lockdown (on the truck next to the C flag for that unsuspecting victim attempting to sneak over to the flag.

I also have a ridiculous amount of multikills with it lol. Plus it comes in handy when people decide they want to camp corners/rooms. One good toss and thats the end of their little party hahaha the rage messages/responses are priceless.

I use it on all my classes. It is by far the best lethal grenade.

If it isn't a Throwing knife on my class, then it's the C4

Has been hundreds of times more reliable than the frags, and semtex.

If only I could upload those BOps videos that I have saved somewhere. It shows me tossing a C-4, getting a kill, then throwing the next one and getting a second kill. Then I have another where they're placed with a barrier between, and two people happen to run and take either doorway, and I get both at once. It was a killcam to boot.

JennacydeHq

i used to always use semtex but i felt as though i was wasting them more than killing with them so i decided to try out c4 and it took me a bit to get used to but it has definately saved my life a few times...i would have to say the best c4 story i have was just the other day i was playing search on seatown and three riot shielders were camping in a corner with a trophy system, i went and threw my c4 which ended up setting off one of the RS's explosive and killed all three for the game winning kill...it was epic

A lot

okay, I've been working on it and getting a little better.

Two Qs:

(1) Explain the "double-tap" thing to me... why use it, how do you do it?  Is it only for airburst?

(2) throwing distance... I see some guys throw the thing like it's a freakin frisbee, mine seem to fly like a lead balloon... how can I throw the damn pillow farther???

Thanks!

I love using C4 it's so fun and can get any camper out of any spot with the double tap of a button!

1. It's faster to double tap X than it is to press RB twice since it doesn't bring out the detonator to blow it up

2. look up... very far up... then throw.

otisman666

I have used it 7400 times with around 1200 kills.

It was my 1st prestige token unlock.

I typically will use it in domination to "guard" a flag while the rest of our team takes a different one.  Easiest kill in the game, "Enemy taking ___", oh no they aren't.

I couldn't tell you how many multies I have had with it, but I did have a 5+ the other night in infection (dumb enemies).  I think that is my best, I don't particularly pay attention to things like this.

Always use c4. In this video I get a pretty sick c4 kill. I also go 30-0 in free for all and get a MOAB.

slap1i

Boom goes the dynamite!!!