8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2012 12:25 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

Ability to reset rank.

OMFGimJOE

I really dont care about resetting stats, but resetting rank would be a nice addition imo. Is anyone else hoping for this?

Playing at 15th 50 on Black Ops is boring, and I miss ranking up. I loved the ability to reset on MW3.

So, whether it costs 2 million CoD points, a prestige token, or whatever, would anyone else like to see this feature in BOII?

• Re: Ability to reset rank.
    anoreo

Why can't you just play the game for fun, or play to win? Make new goals for yourself. Increase your KD, boost your WL, hone your accuracy, go after challenges, get 25 killstreaks I don't know.

There is also a system called the prestige system, which resets your rank. Use that. If you use it up all at once, then that's your fault. You don't have to prestige right away.

im still p*ssed of about resetting my stats in mw3 just for them to bring more prestiges out the next day so i hope the isnt a option in blackop 2

to be honest, i don't see the point in Prestiging very quickly. What's the point? all the idiots out there that gotta prestige within a few hours of getting the game are probably like: OMFG!@!#% I JUST GOT CoD ON MIDNIGHT RELEASE!!$!!@# I MUST PRESTIGE WITHIN 2 HOURS!!!! what happened to you is my PRIMARY reason for not being in a big hurry to prestige. I take my time. i got MW3 at like 5pm on release day, and im only 6th prestige level 50. that shows that im not in a huge hurry. my point: your comment is reason enough for me to not prestige quickly.

I along with all my friends prestige quickly because that's what we chose to do. My logic behind rapid prestiging. Is level out the character quickly then sit back and enjoy the game, with all unlockables and  a more accurate challenge stat can be seen. Some chose to take their time I rush it. But what IW did was a little silly in my opinion. The game should come with a set level I don't care if they keep it hidden and the first person to get there realize there is more but they should not be additional prestige's added after the fact.

On topic more options is never a bad thing.

nicedrewishfela

To each his own. Some like to rush through the prestiges, I enjoy trying different guns and setups and taking my time through prestiges. I get very bored at top level, so I typically prestige as soon as the option becomes available.

Do it your way, and let other people enjoy doing it their way. No harm in that, right?

I'd love to have an overall reset also! I love leveling up over and over again and it sounds like prestiging will be quicker in BLOPS 2. The game loses some fun for me when I can't level anymore.

nicedrewishfela

This would be fine with me, a long as they don't go the IW route and slap on more prestiges. I love to prestige, too... but the IW way took away the point of allowing the reset.

In fact, this game would really have a reason to do so. With the progression system, you are going to have to make more tough choices than ever before. What do I unlock? How early? What did I unlock that I never used? What helps me at an early level as opposed to a later level? What should I have unlocked in first prestige that I didn't unlock the first time around?

Since it sounds like by 10th prestige we will be able to unlock everything, I think the reset is a fair option to provide players who have reached that plateau and want to do it all again. Since the game is rewarding medals for achievements, players who do this should be recognized with a special medal that can be seen on their Combat Record or whatever the system is going to be this time around.