37 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2012 9:29 AM by ZM-Safetrance RSS

You should be able to rank up in Zombies.

I don't undestand why people love Zombies so much, it's so simple, lame, repetitive, boring and unrewarding as it is in BLOPs 1/WaW. It should be more like Horde--you should be able to restart whatever wave you were currently on, getting kicked back to wave 1 from 50 is retarded. Thoughts?

• Re: You should be able to rank up in Zombies.
    Pyric

Obama does NOT do stuff. At least not good stuff. I hate to say this because a lot of you will probably say I am racist, which I am NOT. But mostly the only reason he is our president is that he was african american and people wanted to make history.

Pyric

And I disagree with that. zombies is very complex, awesome, dynamic, entertaining, and rewarding. And starting from the beginning of whatever wave you failed on would defeat most of the purpose of zombies.

I totally agree with what pyric said. ... not the obama thing i dont want to touch that with a 18 foot pole.

But the modding community for Call of Duty: World at War is amazing ... The Community made a mode called zombie realism ... U can create a class on zombies, rank up on zombies, there are the same challenges from the multiplayer that were put onto that mode and I think that they did a fantastic job. Treyarch should totally keep the classic mode, Which they are going to do, but also they should make a system to level up ... and something that takes a long time ... there should also be certain challenges ... like kill 10 zombies, 100xp, kill 100 ZZ's, 200 xp, up to kill 100,000,000. zombies. 1,000,000 xp (cuz by the time you get that many kills 2,000 xp duz nothing.) use the mystery box 100,000 times. Kill 500,000 zombies using ... your third weapon, using PHD phlopper, using grenades, using your upgraded guns, using the m1911, using ... on and on and on... that would be so cool. This creative zombie mode should have so many challenges ... maybe hundreds or thousands and even daily challenges and weekly, and monthly challenges. kill 75, thousand zombies in one month. ... it can be done ... they had a statistics for Call of Duty: World at War., why not do this ... Treyarch I wanna work for you guys ... I am a graphics artist I wanna be a part of the zombie Team I always have when I started to play shino numa and even more as ur team progresses. You guys are AMAZING!!! and I do dearly enjoy my time playing the creations that you make. God bless you men!!

To finish off this reply I hope they put in challenges for everything, also a ranking system that could take a year - 2 years to be top level. really Because isn't that what you guys want ... more people playing your game, I really think if there was something to actually achieve on zombies that it would be not at all time wasted trying to just go for a higher round ... THAT'S JUST ONE THING.

ur right man but if ur a hardcore player and gettin to de 40s/50s it pisses u off. so if ranks come into zombis maybe u could start at lvl 20 (if ur ranked up to the highest lvl they give) with 10000 points jug and a better pistol like the CZ to start not alot but cuts out all the crap of tryin to get sorted  

stylez726

A ranking system in zombies, no

This is Zombies, not Multiplayer or Survival(which was horrible, only two players and got stupid real quick I got to Rank 50 like it was nothing) and what would be the point of a ranking system, to unlock what? I hope not guns and attachments because that would mean custom classes and that is definitely not Zombies, keep it wall guns and the mystery box and how long can you make it no ranking system

I mean like you can rank up in Zombies and it might unlock stuff in Multiplayer, and vice versa, like in Gears 3 Horde/Beast. There's just no point to Zombies right now. Honestly, Spec Ops/Survival is 100 times better.

I will add to my reply and stylez's reply. I your ranking system goes in ... how about this there are things in multiplayer that can only be achieved if you complete certain challenges maybe a certain gun can only pop up in the box if you have 100,000 kills. or zombie camo on a gun. or ur character will have a zombie hand texture or model in a regular multiplayer and maybe have the whole character customizable in multiplayer like a avatar creator in multiplayer different armor ... it is the future isn't it... I really think that wouldn't it be awesome for bragging right if you were like the first one to have the full custom zombie avatar playable in multiplayer ... even voice... omg that would be so amazing. customize your head with different head gear but there is custom ones for zombie lovers that are really really hard to get ... only unlockable by doing these challenges in the zombie modes ... now doesnt that sound sick... now that really pays off.!!!

Bush_Wookie_95

agreed all the way

The only thing they could do with zombies is unlock stuff for multiplayer by playing zombie, eg, PaP the M16 50 times in zombies to unlock the PaP camo for multiplayer. Kill 100 zombies with the sickle in one zombie game without dying to unlock the sickle for multiplayer (no difference to the knife for MP, just a cooler melee weapon and animation)
      That stuffs alright, but zombies becoming multiplayer through a ranking system? No way, you don't like zombies? DONT PLAY IT THEN, NOT LIKE YOUR FORCED TO!

stylez726

See that I'm ok with unlocking stuff for MP and the things you mentioned, kill 50 zombies with PaP'd M16 I could do that in one game easy, maybe could do the 200 sickle kills in one game if I got it early enough because I really don't like just Knifing after a certain round and I would consider these "Challenges" not part of a ranking system, so yeah I'm ok with Zombies having Challenges I can complete that unlock stuff for like my emblem and special camos but having a ranking system would ruin Zombies for me, like Prestige ruined MP for me, prestiged 5 times almost at 6 on MW3 and now I don't care about the game because I used my Prestige Token to unlock stuff and I have nothing to work for because I don't care about getting to Prestige 20 that's why I play Zombies there is always I chance you can better your pervious round

AppyHappyLad

Well the zombies is going to be a multiplayer engine but it would suck leveling up!

stylez726

Yes I know Zombies is moving to the Multiplayer engine doesn't mean it has to be just like Multiplayer you said it yourself it would suck and to be honest most the people that want a ranking system on these forums probably don't play Zombies like that probably haven't gotten that far when they do play and think a ranking system will help them

No, no, no...NO! Bad idea... Zombies should not have anything to do with multiplayer, they should be totally seperated from each other... I see BO2 as game with 3 modes: campaign, mp and zombies. I personally expect BO2 to come with 3 icons, not 2 as usual. That would be great, but who knows. I don't like the idea to play zombies to achieve mp crap. Zombies mode indeed use mp engine but only to be expanded, not to be any kind part of mp. Ranking for zombies? That's fine, but only for zombies stuff, not mp especially not vice versa... terrible! Ranking must be a seperated mod from classic mod or ranking could open additional guns for box, give additional perk slots, enable you to start easteregg etc for classic mod.

I used to be a beta tester of Realism mod 2.2 for codwaw on pc. It has a ranking system from mp that enables you to loadout with primary and secondary weapon, 3 perks, grenades. It has killstreaks that gives additional perks and perk upgrades (2x upgrades per perk), by killing 50 zombies, and max ammo every 100 kills... it was quite fun, it was balanced by starting 27 zombies from round 1.

I think, ranking isn't necesary in any form and shape. It's fine this way as is, BO2 should have increased action, more zombie bosses, cool eastereggs, more perk slots and upgradeable perks with second pap... no need for ranking, really, unless it comes as something that would give you more possibilites in getting new guns in box, give you additional perk slots or for example use a hack tool - the higher rank you have, the more stuff you can hack etc. So, ranking (if it comes) should give you just possibilites, but not loadout with a favorite gun, perks etc. like in mp.

timelordalex

its possible we will rank up as in the BO: Zombies iOS app you can already rank up in that, I think there testing that.

And to guys who like combat training and were dissappointed it wasnt in MW3 well your wrong it is in there, go in the spec ops menu then click survival and there you have it play with your friend against enemy AI simples

wridtrvlr

NO!  The leaderboards ARE YOUR RANK!!!  Get it through your thick skull.  We don't need another thread on this issue, there are probably like 10 already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have pleaded to Treyarch to implement it into Zombies but it looks as thought its not going to happen. They said they were making a game for each type of player so I'm a hard core gamer, I love competition and playing to be the best, so why the ***ing hell is it not in Zombies. Go on, reply back saying how it will some how make it like MP, survival or any ridiculous assumption of what it will make it like!

Oh well, I'm just looking forward to the MP at least It has an actual meaning and get rewarded for playing that!

In fact, I'd rather them just remove zombies and focus on what really matters, the MP.

Either a good form of progression or scrap Zombies, simple as that.

tallowby

Ranking up in Zombies - YES!!

exactly, you play a whole lot of multiplayer, you become a d!ck, if you want zombies to be scrapped what are you doing looking through the zombies forums. personally I don't find there being a point in multiplayer. yay i unlocked that weapons ive unlocked 4 times before, seems just as repetitive and boring as zombies could ever be. I like zombies better because when you join a lobby the first thing you hear is "whats the plan" or "how did you get to that round" as opposed to listening to someones awful music full blast, or someone yelling at you about how your a noob, I prefer the idea of cooperation as opposed to killing one another for what feels like no reason.

Bush_Wookie_95

I'm sorry, but zombies is what keeps many players still on this game, at least for me. I have had enough of CoD's peice of Sh*t multiplayer. All MP on CoD is exactly the same as the one CoD4, apart from the guns from CoD4 have new clothing, and there  are a few different maps (big F***ing woop!) Its boring, it looks like an arcade game i played when i was 5, and it is plagued with 10yr olds who just quickscope (annoying cause its impossible in reality) or bombarding people with explosives while camping with no way of removing them due to the awful game balance! Even ADS has no benefit whatsoever on this game.

If you honestly like multiplayer shooters, consider the move to Battlefield 3 or Medal of Honor, as they have new updated multiplayer engines each game. Their realism in visuals, sound, weapon balancing, physics (bullets drop at a distance), vehicular warfare and tactics is far better and more fun and rewarding experience, all in an environment that lacks the 10yr olds.

The fact that you still like CoD multiplayer means either you are a braindead moron, or you are unaware of these great games out there. Besides, CoD is so boring and repetitive anyway. At least with zombies, you can plan tactically (almost an impossiblity with the unrealistic physics in CoD). If they add a ranking system to zombies, the fact is me, and i'm sure many other people will not play CoD ever again, zombies is the one thing that keeps many of us here.

Yes, CoD IS a MP game, zombies was a suprise hit to Treyarch on World at War. Besides, it's good to pay for one game and get 2 games in one effectively.The prestige system of rewards is so tiring and boring, i fell asleep playing a CoD game at 2pm! Seriously, other games have far better reward systems.

With this long post, i have basically made you look like a fool. Please acknowledge that. Why post about how you hate zombies in a zombies thread? waste of your time, and makes you look like a ****. I'll take anything you throw back at me by the way, and make you look even more like a fool if you decide to get defensive on a situation that for you, is indefensible!

Bush_Wookie_95

dstr001

The whole point in zombies is the survival aspect of it; allowing you to start with better weaponry, buying better weapons easily, or at higher levels takes the fun out of it, thats why survival in MW3 fails so badly, its too easy.

Pyric

Survival wasn't THAT bad. I mean, it has nothing on zombies, but it wasn't AWFUL.

stylez726

It was good until I opened the "Unstoppable" title and reached Rank 50(super quick)then to me it was boring I had nothing to work for and that is why a Ranking System would suck in Zombies

P.S.

I do think if Survival would have been 4 players it would've been better and kept my interest longer

NO it wasnt hasnt a patch on zombies, but its the best bit of MW3. Infinityward suck after black ops u think they would of looked at it and taken the best bits to add to their game but lazy as they are the just gave u MW2 with new maps and we bought it like fools.Ill never buy a product from them again. CODBO2 is commin. 2yrs ago i said the future is here the future is Black. I was right and ill say it again. Really intrested in how they will do zombies but i trust treyarch to make it better wat ever they do......

IRIZZA

Check out my idea!! and the ranking system would be a great advantage to it !!

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200434188

redx165

Why ruin something that's perfect??? Your First Call of Duty must be MW3 if you want rankings in zombies. The reason everyone likes it, is that's its basic and FUN. In zombies you don't have to worry about leveling up and trying to beat your friends level. The point of zombies is to survive. If you don't like it don't play it. Survival is so boring now that im Level 50. I can get a good gun after wave 4 if I wanted to. But after I got the title for survival. I quit playing it cause it felt boring and nothing new. Every zombie map has something different while survival is the same thing over and over. Zombies take more skills than survival.

~THE NOOB KILLER

Survival of mw3 is a pure stupidity from the ground up, a pure mistake starting from idiotic limit of lame 2 players only that came to late... this mode should have been be implemented in mw2 with at least 4 special non-mp maps with a support up to 4 players... Yea, IW should have observed how Treyarch started with zombies in codwaw and make spec ops a survival mode for mw2, but they missed that! They now decided to make something survival like zombies for mw3 after realizing the success of BO, well to late...

well i would like a ranking system tht has a leveling system tht shows how much u have been playing. and possibly having challenges to get the PaP camo in multiplayer cuz u have to admit tht the PaP camo is much better than gold.

josh1073

You don't understand why people love one of the best game modes ever with amazing voice overs,music easter eggs, ect... I don't understand how people can not love zombies.

The real question is how people come back to every cod and its multiplayer and complain about it how bad it is and even moan about not buying it and yet they buy it at the end... zombies mode is way different - many ppl get addicted to it when they discover the ultimate co-op power of it and the exciting combat against nazi zombie bastards... yea, it's an explosive madness full of crazy action that is experienced only as long you avoid cheats. I hope Treyarch completely destroys all cheats so we can enjoy ranking the leaderboards. Zombies forever...