30 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2012 2:57 PM by esmorgue RSS

Do not bring back cheapscoping!!!

Bring back Quickdraw, but don't let it work on sniper rifles! Let the 11-year-olds stick to the Modern Warfare series, I want some actual SNIPING in Black Ops 2!

• Re: Do not bring back cheapscoping!!!

After seeing the E3 gameplay,i'm starting to believe Treyarch took a page off Valve's Team Fortress 2 when it comes to sniping.They might have made it so that Sniper Rifles do damage depending on how long you aim in.This will pretty much destroy quickscoping as a whole if this is implemented.

nicedrewishfela

Not sure about overall, but the reason they had to scope so long was because that weapon has an electrical charge as well as the normal bullet fire. They had to scope in to charge the shot.

As for the OP, I hope they tone down the QS as well, its an exploited game mechanic that just needs to go.

"They had to scope in to charge the shot"

You just restated my claim right there.Either way,this should be the mechanic for all OHK Snipers.

nicedrewishfela

If they all have the electrical attachment, which I don't think they will.

bigbluemonkey

But it's okay if some really bad player hip fires an assault rifle that shoots as fast as an SMG but does more damage than an SMG (hmm, FAMAS anyone?) and kills just as quick as a quickscope? Okay then. I'll accept your thing about OHK snipers if you accept that fully auto weapons shouldn't kill in less than 5 bullets. Gotta balance somewhere, right?

Assualt Rifles use larger bullets than Submachine guns,that's why they do so much more damage.The FAMAS is a seriously fast Assualt Rifle (somewhere around 1000 RPM I believe,but have smaller magazines).SMGs are known primarily for speed,not power.Plus they are more hipfire accurate than an AR.I'd like to know what 800+ RPM weapon in an FPS game can kill in only 1 hit.

On topic,most OHK Snipers are Bolt Action,and people shouldn't be running around with those like they have SMGs in their hands.

brsox

I guess you are one of those guys that thinks an AR should dominate at all ranges, right? I have a feeling you like "holding down" an area with a portable radar and an ACR. You also believe that if someone runs up on you with a SMG, you should be able to hold down your right trigger for a quick hipfire kill.  Am I right?

Since you didn't know, SMGs should kill faster and be more effective in close quarters.

esmorgue

Okay you just lost all credibility. An AR fires a rifle round. Why wouldn't it take 2-3 rounds to put someone down. An AK alone will tear through a "bulletproof vest". Nevermind equipping a weapon with FMJs. Most SMGs are nothing more than fully auto pistols.

bigbluemonkey

I don't care what they shoot in real life. I'm talking about video game balance..

And in a video game if you have an AR that shoots as fast as an SMG then it shouldn't do more damage than an SMG. You trade carrying speed for range.

Now before you go spewing gun specifications remember I'm talking about VIDEO GAME balance.

All I'm saying is it's not okay for snipers, which are usually semi-auto or bolt action, to OHK unless we heavily penalize  them but it's cool for fully auto guns to take down someone in 2-3 bullets? Get out of here. Black Ops had terrible gun balance and I don't want Black Ops 2 to have bad gun balance too just because some baby can't handle being QS'ed when all they had to do with their kiddie AR was hold down the trigger.

Once again, I'm talking about video game guns. I don't care what round or how fast or what magazine size a FAMAS or any other gun shoots in real life so nerd out all you want on the specs but it has no place when discussing the weapon balance of a video game.

stylez726

Yeah and "less then 5 bullets to kill" my a**, you know how many bullets I have to put in somebody to kill them, like half a mag in regular games, that's why i play hardcore now, the real question is how do you not kill someone after shoot them five times in the head with the M14(which has really high damage on BO)and get a hit maker everytime and they just turn around quickscope and your dead and in the Killcam they're sights are not even on you

IT'S ABOUT THE PURPOSE OF A WEAPON.

A SNIPER RIFLE HAS A SCOPE ON IT SO YOU CAN SEE PEOPLE AT FARTHER DISTANCES, NOT SO YOU CAN GO RUNNING AROUND LIKE SOME KIND OF nOOb ABUSING THE AIM ASSIST.

ASSAULT RIFLES CAN BE USED AT ALL DISTANCES (ALL PURPOSE WEAPON), HOWEVER THEY ARE MADE FOR MEDIUM TO LONG RANGE.

SUB MACHINE GUNS ARE MADE FOR CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT AND ALLOW THE PLAYER TO HAVE THE MOST MOBILITY OF ALL THE WEAPONS.

SHOTGUNS ARE MADE FOR CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT ALSO.

MACHINE GUNS ARE A BELT FED WEAPON USED IN A VARIETY OF ROLES FROM BIPOD (BIPODS WERE AN ATTACHMENT ON WORLD AT WAR) OR TRIPOD MOUNTED INFRANTRY SUPPORT TO DEPLOYMENT TO A  HELICOPTER DOOR GUN (SUCH AS THE CHOPPER GUNNER IN BO1) OR VEHICLE MOUNTED SUPPORT WEAPON (SUCH AS THE MACHINE GUN ON THE TANKS IN WORLD AT WAR). BECAUSE THE MACHINE GUN IS SO HUGE YOU HAVE VERY SLOW MOBILITY.

coolwhhhip

Lets face it, if it isn't snipers it will be something else poor players use to make excuses for why they get abused.

I hope they get rid of quickscoping. Its fun at times but is totally unrealistic and cheap :\

stonculd

Black Ops has a error correction thing they do so it is really hard to QS. I hope they keep it that way. Yes I do believe that new rifle has a charge time.

Personally, i hope this "damage = amount of time zoomed in" feature is not added to BO2. At anything other than very long range, you simply don't have enough time to scope in if you're up against an SMG or AR.

In fact, i can pretty much guarantee that the above feature won't be added because 3arc themselves know my statement is true.

The fact is, if you're using a sniper, you HAVE to QS unless you're really far away. If you don't QS, by the time you're aimed in, it's too late, you're already dead from full auto spray.

Another fact is, if you get killed by a QSer, sometimes it's just luck. Go back an watch the video and see how many time they QSed someone and didn't kill them. I think you'll find that a hell of a lot more bullets miss than hit. Other time it is skill. There's an element of both.

QSing will always be in COD. If it wasn't, then no one would use a sniper because there's no way you could get a positive K/D ratio if you had to "hard scope" all the time. At medium and close range there simply isn't enough time to scope and line up you're shot.

brsox

Either bring back quickdraw for everyone, or dont bring it back at all. How would that be fair? You qs haters seriously need to get over your "godly" assault rifle and smg skills. It sounds to me that you just want to have all the perks and guns work in your favor. If someone qs'd you, its your fault for not reacting fast enough.

i hope theres no qs its stupid. granted they r easy to kill but still annoying to think taht sumone so stupid killed me

digitalvillain

I have no idea why people ***** about quickscoping. Majority of them suck anyway.

Quick scoping is done by modded controller.