5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2012 8:54 PM by Kaze96 RSS

Buffs, Maps and More

Kaze96

Infinity Ward,

It's nice to see you considering your community's suggestions in regards to weapon buffs and adding more maps. I really wish to propose an idea that could satisfy a great deal of people. What if you included a few maps and guns from MW2? I was thinking that you could return a weapon per category and a few of the most popular maps.

Maps would include Rust, Terminal, Shipment and Favela

Guns could include Tar-21, Vector, AUG Hbar, Intervention, M93 Raffica, M9 and M1014

I feel as if this wouldn't be extremely difficult. You could just root them from MW2 and modify their skins just slightly to make them appear more "of this time" in relation to MW3. I could see the Vector being a matte black with the iron sight front post being a lime green. The Tar is fine as is because it's already modern as it is. The AUG could also be a matte black (like the AUG A3). The Raffica would be matte black as well with red accents.

I think this would keep the community interested thus prolonging the playtime past November 2012. Keep the weapons very similar to their MW2 counter parts.

DAMAGE RANGES:

Vector           - 30-20 (4-5); 1100rpm

Tar-21           - 40-30 (3-4); 750rpm

AUG Hbar     - 42-35 (~3); 689rpm

Intervention   - 98-98 (~1); 65rpm

M93 Raffica  - 40-19 (3-6); 925rpm per burst

M9               - 40-25 (3-4); 630rpm max

• Re: Buffs, Maps and More
    vileself

Employees at Infinity Ward dont just sit around waiting for suggestions all day. They already have a preplanned schedule of what to work on until the next game is released. Certain teams are dedicated to certain things. Some teams are dedicated to developing and distributing our DLC. Some teams are dedicated to dealing with cheating, boosting or other fraudulent behaviours within the game. Some teams are probably always working on their next CoD title. Some teams are in charge of fixing bugs and tweaking items for better balancing.

I just doubt very much that they dont already have all the DLC planned out. I also doubt that they have a team of employees waiting for suggestions on a map/weapon DLC. They cant change what they already have planned and they cant drop what they're doing to squeeze in requests like this. Dont get me wrong dude, its a good idea and I would love to see it happen, but its too unlikely.

If you want to make suggestions like this you're better off suggesting them for Black Ops 2. Its too late for MW3 now.

Kaze96

Ugh, I really wish I had the AUG Hbar, Tar-21 and Vector (and Raffica) at this moment D: I don't wanna play MW2 though.

Don't forget about Highrise! That one goes down as my favorite map in all time of any cod.

Also like to see the ak74u and g3 added.

And RPD, just wish the PKP could of been successful in replacing it.

Kaze96

BUMP: I tweet-war'd Mark Rubin and he said that he'll talk it over with the Dev's.

Mark Rubin @IWMarkRubin

@WestonKaszer Not everyone wants new weapons. But for those that do. I'd rather not put it in DLC. I'd rather give them away for free.

Weston Kaszer @WestonKaszer

@IWMarkRubin Ok, then do that! Seriously, I'm just saying like 1 gun per category from MW2! Tar, Vector, AUG, Inter, M93, M9, M10! Plz try!

Mark Rubin @IWMarkRubin

@WestonKaszer I would love to. Seriously. I'm going to be review the roadmap for MW3 during the next few weeks. We'll look into it. (cont)

Mark Rubin @IWMarkRubin

@WestonKaszer (cont) I just didn't want to set unreasonably expectations for anyone. I'm trying to be as upfront and honest as I can.

Weston Kaszer @WestonKaszer

@IWMarkRubin Well, saying it's impossible wasn't very honest Mister xD The lobby i'm in says they would love me and you if it happens xD

Mark Rubin @IWMarkRubin

@WestonKaszer Hehe. Touche.

Mark Rubin @IWMarkRubin

@LakSkillz I don't think we can do Gun DLC but I want to look at the possibility but I don't have high hopes for it.