27 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2012 4:54 PM by padiego RSS

Question to the Newcomers?

How did you find this forum? Lots of people are joining and I'm just curious to know what the source of it is.

  • Re: Question to the Newcomers?
    PikaBoo

    Why didn't you share? Shame on you Red!

  • Re: Question to the Newcomers?

    I had been on these forums all through Black Ops, but when this site started it said my old profile wasnt complete. Said I had to give a PSN or Xbox live account number or some crap like that. It gave no space for the Wii. Must have been something to do with Cod Elite. Anyways after that was happening I said the heck with posting on here and just read other peoples posts. Trolling or whatever that is. Then I decided to just got to yahoo and make a new email to create a new profile and now it works fine. Sucks that I couldnt use my existing email from my old profile because this new one I will never use. Its only use was to create a new profile for this site.

  • Re: Question to the Newcomers?
    padiego

    Ask yourself that question.

     

    How did you find the forums?

    • Re: Question to the Newcomers?

      I've been around since MWR, BO and to this forum, I just never made an identity...

       

      I found it by simply typing "MW3 Forums"

       

      lol padiego, thinks im a nub haha!

      • Re: Question to the Newcomers?
        PikaBoo

        Same as Red only I joined since Reflex lol

      • Re: Question to the Newcomers?
        padiego

        You're not a noob if you have been playing this game since reflex.

        You're just a forum noob

        • Re: Question to the Newcomers?

          damn, considering you have over 5000 posts, I guess haha!

          • Re: Question to the Newcomers?
            padiego

            If you only count the MW3 forum posts I made, I probably have under 2k.

             

            But...well let me tell you about the DLC wars.

             

            Dark times.....DLC noobs attempted to invade the BO forums with their endless threads asking for DLC. I was under the command of general SKS Hybrid. We all fought off the endless waves of DLC narbs(one of them being silentshot ). We did so by pretty much posting the same response to every DLC post created(if i'm correct, there must have been over 10k DLC posts in the BO forums.....maybe more.). "Lrn2srchnub". Sometimes we hijacked the threads.....Eventually, the DLC forum noobs decided to settle down and make peace. They are awaiting for the day when they can strike again. The anti-spam unit is growing small in numbers. Luckily, a wave of new forum goers have come when MW3 was released. But they have so much to learn......

        • Re: Question to the Newcomers?
          PikaBoo

          padiego wrote:

           

          You're not a noob if you have been playing this game since reflex.

          You're just a forum noob

          I joined the forums since Reflex, not I've been playing since reflex lol but I guess your explanation of forum noobs, forum vets, and forum veterans means I'm a forum noob for life

  • Re: Question to the Newcomers?
    *trent3*

    I found the MWR forums because I was looking for a clan.

  • Re: Question to the Newcomers?
    infinitlag

    Well I found these forums one day when I was a complete noob.

    I looked up if there was going to be split screen on WII

    Noob I was but I started learning about the technical stuff(RAM) and I think I am quite good at it.

     

    Thank you to all forum members for educating me.

     

    Here's my first real question when I joined

    http://www.callofduty.com/message/205276375#205276375

    (extreme noob warning.)

    • Re: Question to the Newcomers?

      i guess im a forum vet.

       

      i found this when i was searching for cod tips for blops. and i found this.

       

      the history of silent :

       

      dlcccccc

      hey splitscreen can work maybe with this.

      player card emblems and titles like mw2 for blops

      wait wut no dlc?

      trolololololll

       

       

      thats the change i made as forum user.

      • Re: Question to the Newcomers?
        padiego

        Oh silent my dear boy, you still have much to learn......

         

        The only forum noob(I consider everyone who joined between when the golden age of BO ended and after MW3 came out a forum noob. So basically, 99% of the forums) that made the leap from forum noob to forum vet ever so quickly is luigifan. He learned the ropes pretty quickly, and made his first well thought out post against DLC spammers("AUGHH!!! STOP IT IT BURNS!!").

         

        However, you, my dear anthony, have much left to learn. First of all, you still have to make a real troll thread (you came close with the DMC clan thread ). Then you have to confess your sins (you know...making DLC threads...asking stupid questions) and only then will you become a forum vet.....

         

        Sometimes you don't even have to make a troll thread. Sometimes you just have to make an actual helpful thread. The ritual of becoming a forum vet(notice, forum vet is not the same as forum veteran. Forum veterans are all but extinct now, the last one remaining being D1SC0, who's been around since time was created) varies for everyone....

        • Re: Question to the Newcomers?

          padiego wrote:

           

          Oh silent my dear boy, you still have much to learn......

           

          The only forum noob(I consider everyone who joined between when the golden age of BO ended and after MW3 came out a forum noob. So basically, 99% of the forums) that made the leap from forum noob to forum vet ever so quickly is luigifan. He learned the ropes pretty quickly, and made his first well thought out post against DLC spammers("AUGHH!!! STOP IT IT BURNS!!").

           

          However, you, my dear anthony, have much left to learn. First of all, you still have to make a real troll thread (you came close with the DMC clan thread ). Then you have to confess your sins (you know...making DLC threads...asking stupid questions) and only then will you become a forum vet.....

           

          Sometimes you don't even have to make a troll thread. Sometimes you just have to make an actual helpful thread. The ritual of becoming a forum vet(notice, forum vet is not the same as forum veteran. Forum veterans are all but extinct now, the last one remaining being D1SC0, who's been around since time was created) varies for everyone....

           

          Troll thread? check, asking stupid questions? that's all I ever do, helpful thread? I consider the ally thread in black ops helpful and thank god i didnt do it on mw3...

        • Re: Question to the Newcomers?
          fissuresofrequent

          Is my troll thread good enough? "R@PED SQUAD 2012" What do I have to confess *think*. I've never aksed any stupid questions that I can remember.

  • Re: Question to the Newcomers?
    Np4uNoahC92

    I looked up MW3 Wii strategies when I got home from the midnight launch and found these forums. I watched them pretty closely but never made an account until account hopping ccame out. I guess that makes me a pretty big forum noob.

  • Re: Question to the Newcomers?

    CoD Reflex had their forum link posted as the message of the day.

    Black Ops the community didn't seem like the cool community Reflex had.

    I googled searched "Official MW3 wii forums" For a good while until I finally found this.

  • Re: Question to the Newcomers?
    sovietcookie

    Well i got here by googling "MW3 patch info" I think it took me to a troll post and i wanted to reply and that's how i started. I not a CoD noob, but for sure still a forum noob. I've learned plenty but apparently Padiego always finds something to say to troll me with unknown info

  • Re: Question to the Newcomers?

    I found this place through a Wii gaming forum. There was a thread dedicated to Black Ops patches and they said that the info came from "the official Cod forums". After a while the thread didn't get updated any more. I thought the creator of the thread got lazy so I thought I come check this place out for patch info. Then I realised that Treyarch stopped releasing patches and it was actually their fault that the thread didn't get any updates

    • Re: Question to the Newcomers?
      infinitlag

      burnedtoast wrote:

       

      I found this place through a Wii gaming forum. There was a thread dedicated to Black Ops patches and they said that the info came from "the official Cod forums". After a while the thread didn't get updated any more. I thought the creator of the thread got lazy so I thought I come check this place out for patch info. Then I realised that Treyarch stopped releasing patches and it was actually their fault that the thread didn't get any updates

      How many are there?!?