19 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2012 8:54 PM by electricfuneralfire RSS

Rapid Fire Fingers

WKMMS

So, for probably about the 20th time, I was accused by some bad loser of using a rapid fire controller because I sprayed him a bunch of times with the RSASS and with akimbo P99s... I'm sure there are many out there, just like me, who've worked hard on developing their rapid fire fingers and put them to devastating effect with a semi-auto... so how often do you get some little whiner erroneously complain about you using a rapid fire controller and how good does it make you feel knowing how much you've made these little cry babies rage?

• Re: Rapid Fire Fingers
    TheHonch

That sucks man.  What stinks even more is that legitimate guys like you get criticized because of the amount of illegitimate dudes who are actually using rapid fire.  I never bought into that until I went onto one of those modding controller sites to buy a customized controller for my best buddy for his birthday.  I got it engraved with some illuminating shoulder buttons with a chrome looking shell.  The wierd thing was that before check out I had to uncheck the box for the Rapid Fire button, because the feature was included in the base price.  I'm glad I noticed because he never would have used it with rapid fire, but that just shows you how accessible it is.

Anyway, keep tearing 'em up man, and don't pay attention to it.  People like to say you're cheating just to make them feel better about how much better you are then them.

WKMMS

doesn't bother me at all... could care less what some obvious imbecile thinks on the other side of the interweb... it's funny how people react so badly to losing at a game... people take it far too seriously

zvers

This has happened to me in the past but I just ignore it. The thing that grinds my gears is when someone actually takes the time to write a slandering message to me while in game. It's sad that they are that upset that they would actually put that much effort into it. Of course, I act like a punk and send them a message egging them on after which I add them to my block list. I'm already wasting a large part of my life playing video games and I don't need to deal with them on top of it. Just me.....

WKMMS

I think that's hilarous when someone stops playing to write a badly worded "hate mail" mid game... only happend to me once.  at the start of a TDM on Bakaara I ran from where C Dom is  through the long building on the right hand side.  I heard someone coming so I pulled out my tac knife and hid in the gap beside the first door.  He ran through and I knifed him in the back. 

He obviously respawned near where A dom is and came looking for revenge.. saw him coming towards the stairs so I hid again and tac knifed him as he walked past... less than a minute later he sent me a message that looked like it was written by a very angry 7 year old with Tourette's... no prizes for guessing what I spent the rest of the game doing to him

trialstardragon

Yep, people take these games way to serious, it after all is just a game and meant for fun and not a life and death situation.

electricfuneralfire

Ive seen a few modded controllers in my day. And when you see one it is blantantly obvious. Im sure you do have a fast trigger finger but no one has a trigger finger that can shoot as fast as a PM-9. When you see an RSASS fire a clip like its a PM-9 it a modded remote. Its also easy to tell the difference between tapping the trigger finger very fast and ripping straight thru a MK14 clip like its full auto.

CowboySr

Its very easy to tell the difference by the consistency in the firing.  You can be fast, but not completely consistent in your firing, where as a mod will sound completely consistent.  I get people often accusing me because I love the MK, but if you watch/listen , its obvious Im noobish.

WKMMS

isn't it funny how may times you will be called noobish when you beat somone... If anyone beats me in the game I just automatically assume they are the most super mega awesome MLG Pro Elite players.. because that's the only possible explanation as to why they beat me

True that bro, i always use P99 akimbos as a back up anyway, their just angry that u have more skill then them and that u ruined their 2 kill streak. Plus, The RSASS is supossed to be sprayed. I dont know who their fooling.

slap1i

I think the accusations of using a modded controller are their attempt at justifying getting owned by you.  Keep up the good work!

militantmarker

Nothing is more annoying than this, I use the MK14 with rapid fire, along with my fast tapping trigger finger and I get accused of having a mod ALL THE TIME, it's darn near laughable. It happened so much, I had to even changed my bio to say "Here's a fact for the less skilled, the MK14 has rapid fire as an attachment, so don't open your mouth talking about a Mod when you don't even use the gun and are totally ignorant of it's capabilities. Watch the weapon video on Elite TV, so move along nothing to see here."

creaper21

I have been accused of it a couple times. Which is weird because I personally think I shoot very slow. But I can always tell if someone has rapid fire. It's not that he shoots really fast(some can just do it), it's when he shoots fast with the same amount of time between each shot. Controllers nowadays are starting to make it harder to spot though, letting you put burst fire on and somehow getting past game features that are supposed to stop it(World at War being a perfect example).

electricfuneralfire

Cowboy is exactly right, a trigger tap no matter how fast it is cant rip straight through a whole clip like a G18. If you see a RSASS fire through a clip like its a G18 you have a mod. The consistency is what gives it away.