9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2012 8:37 PM by Rogue_Shadow RSS

are any of you guys going to see the movie.....

and buy this game? I am going to buy the game first but try not to get into the story to much untill i see the movie after all the game does take place after the movie pretty sure most if not  all of you already know that.I am looking farword to both the game and the movie.thay both look amazing and the game looks like it well be soo much fun.

• Re: are any of you guys going to see the movie.....
    TimFL274

I already pre-ordered. Will most-likely see the movie first (it comes out 28th june here, going pre-screening on 27th).

So if amazon doesnt ship the game early I will see the movie first. There wont be that many spoilers for me anyways I already know how the movie is going to end so meh.

From what i've heard in the interviews, they have a really strict focus on not spoiling the movie. So even if you play the story before the movie comes out, it shouldn't spoil anything. But i can't remember who had the interview. So I can't find the link unless i look through most interviews on youtube about the game etc.

TimFL274

Well they will spoil certain things like the relationship between Gwen and Peter. Are they still together or did they break up? Did someone die? What happened to Dr. Connors in the end of the movie? We know that he will survive but we will probably get to see how he's doing now and thats a Spoiler IMO.

Well. Considering that the game takes time after the movie im sure they can avoid spoiling anything. Of course the Gwen thing is allready spoiled. Considering that they have allready stated she will be in the game as his gf. But I wouldn't call it a spoiler tho. I don't feel like it spoils anything in the movie knowing that fact. It just seemed obvious to me. When it comes to Connors it seems like they have made the game in such a way that they won't spoil much about him. Just some of his work being used by others. And for me it doesn't reveale that much nether. They said themself that you could play the game without spoiling the movie. So im going to trust em

Rei_Entri

Spoilers are tidbits and facts that are given away early and directly ruin the suspense of the story.

Generic common sense things aren't spoilers.

-Peter ends up with Gwen. Well, they're flirting, cuddling and kissing in the trailers, it seems obvious that they'd end up together. Just because Raimi was like a sadist to Peter in his series, doesn't mean Marc Webb wants Peter constantly depressed. Besides they end up dating in the comics.

-Connors lives. He doesn't die in the comics, if you're here you should at least know that. And if he did die in the movie, there would be a much larger problem than anything being spoiled in this game.

-Peter moving out and away from Aunt May. Again, like the comics, not a spoiler.

TimFL274

Well I've heard other things from certain people. There was a vid on youtube that showed never before seen footage, apparently recorded by a Sony employee that got a extended 20 min footage preview and later on the full movie. He wrote up keypoints of the story and to be honest they have to spoil these things in the game.

Some of the keypoints he wrote up were surprising for me, but I dont want to get into it any further because I dont know whether you guys want to possibly have the movie end etc spoiled or not (and I dont want to be banned on here or whatever).

They CANT avoid spoiling the movie. Dee even said that they tried to not spoil that much but he also said that you might aswell watch the movie before you play the game because it will spoil things from the movie.

Well duh I'm going to get the game (It comes out the day before my birthday and I've fully paid for it) and see the movie.

Rogue_Shadow

I'm seeing the movie on day one, but I'll probably wait a little on the game.  It's looking real good so far, but I still want to see a couple of post-release videos and reviews to be sure.  Not to mention that I'll probably still be playing The Last Story, so I'll wait until I finish that before I get this game.  Which probably means I'll end up getting it right after I see the movie, about, which works for me.