5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2012 1:35 AM by monkeylord RSS

Split Screen the ultimate in LEGAL exploiting?

First off, I paid for the founder edition of this game and it came with a fancy card with the number on it.  There weren't two copies of it so I could "share" my gaming experience with another person.  So why would this game allow split screen on elite game play?  It's an extra cost that is supposed to give some of us some extra game play fun, instead it's a cause for constant frustration where one person exploits the advantage of having a second pair of eyes on the screen with their own build out.  Here's my point:

Recon ~ one player camps and tosses granades and flashes.  Their damage is painted on the map, the second guy has assassin pro but gets the advantage of it's use.  Second, I can pick up my second screen's gun when mine runs out of ammo, he just kills himself or gets killed.  Further pointing out where someone is on the map.

LAG ~ the use of the second screen obviously places more stress on the bandwidth that you provide.  However my single connnection is now degraded in gameplay because the second screen has a full second advantage.  I'm killed coming around walls, knifed before I can see the person, etc....

Scouting ~ This is a totally unfair advantage, one screen always tells the other the who what and where if they are traveling in pairs, and I shoot the first the second can watch the kill cam to know exactly where I am that second.  This differes greatly from someone on my team shouting out the who what where, especially if the second screen in waiting in the wings, possibly nearby and rushes in for the revenge kill.

K/D ~ This is where it really causes so many players issues.  I have yet to see where both splits go positive, one is obviously totally sucking at the game and sure it ruins "their" K/D and "their" teams score. However, with the above advantages, "MY" K/D suffers as well.

Is anyone else out there as upset about the unfair advantage / disadvantage this causes in game play?  Wouldn't it be sensible to only allow single screen play in Elite Matches as it's an extra paid service?

Thanks!

• Re: Split Screen the ultimate in LEGAL exploiting?
    esmorgue

I despise them. I started a Petition as soon as this forum opened to get them their own playlist.

I don't really think I made my point clear here.  What I hate most is having the a split screen duo on my team, and LOOSE the match because neither can go positive.

The other thing that bugs me is that two people are playing on one person's Elite account in Elite Matches, and it is not only ok but acceptable, am I allowed to share my Elite account with just one other person?   That should be fair, shouldn't it?

Hey MW3 it comes down to dollars here, If I have to pay for it's use, MAKE SPLIT SCREENERS PAY 2x's as much as I do or get them out of Elite.

Jacks_Spleen

You really don't know how often you are playing against split screeners.  The guaranteed times yes, the doubled names, sure, but you'd never know you were playing against my son and I.  As we have our own accounts, and that by your assumptions, the bottom fodder are always split screeners.  It's rare for either of us to finish in the bottom half of the lobby, even on the ass end of the lag comp. 

To suggest that we would have to play in a "special" playlist because we enjoy playing together, is a little absurd, especially since we've purchased these accounts to do with as we please.  So you've mentioned how it's unfair against you, to have two people working together, like in a party, or heaven forbid a clan, well, we should do away with those as well.  Or, if you really don't want a couple of noobs screwing up your game, get some friends, and play together, at least that's part of the reason why we split.  To ensure that we have a better chance of winning. 

If you're really tired of losing, get better, or choose to play with better people.  You do get to choose who your friends are.

monkeylord

Most of the "problems" you come up with you'd run into against any decent clan or if us split screeners played on 2 ps3s also as for 2 playing on 1 account you are aware none of the stats from the 2nd player is stored in any way

Recon ~ one player camps and tosses granades and flashes.  Their damage is painted on the map, the second guy has assassin pro but gets the advantage of it's use.

I'm not sure what this is about as you can run assassin and recon at the same time anyway as my build is recon assassin and steady aim.

LAG ~ the use of the second screen obviously places more stress on the bandwidth that you provide.  However my single connnection is now degraded in gameplay because the second screen has a full second advantage.  I'm killed coming around walls, knifed before I can see the person, etc....

A common complaint without any real proof i've spent 100s of hours playing both split and solo on the same console and using the same connection and the quality of game play is the same