1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 8, 2012 4:01 PM by BanHaMMer RSS

MW3 freezing problem !PLEASE HELP!

gnikking10

OK. So this is what's been happening. I went on MW3 on the PS3 and everything was working fine until... I got in a lobby. My sound shut off. I didn't realize this at first but then when I was playing the game I realized the only sounds I heard where the bullets. So I restarted my PS3 and tried it again but this time when I entered a lobby the sound turned on and right when the game was about to launch my console froze. I cleaned the disk and the exact same thing happened. I then took the game to gamestop and the man said that it could just be a "bad update download". What ever that means. So he told me to try it at my friends house and if it worked there then the problem was the "bad update download". So I went to my friends house and tried the disk and it worked perfectly. I don't know what to do and there hasn't been a new update for over a month. I have tried over and over again to get the disk to work and i even re downloaded the update. i was thinking I should try to re-download a patch but that would take away my DLC. I was hoping that this has happened to someone else and maybe I could get a solution. Anyone want to help?

• Re: MW3 freezing problem !PLEASE HELP!
    BanHaMMer

Back up your PS3, rebuild the data base.

There is a lot more to it, but essentially it would be like a "clean Install of say Windows 7 on your PC"

Sometimes files get corrupted, this is just a way to freshen everything up.

There are video's on how to do this or go to the PlayStation EU Forums and post in the technical help section, usually a MOD will get back to you within 24 hours. Or people from the PlayStation Community that have had this problem will have step by step guides on how to fix your problem once clarified. These fixes are sanctioned by PlayStation.

If all else fails PM  a PlayStation Mod - Pretoria for example.

Sk