1 2 3 Previous Next 63 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2012 5:49 AM by vincezero RSS

Would you like Nuketown to return?

vincezero

It grew on me after a while. I would at least like to see a version of it return in this game. I liked it when I wanted a small map to run around with friends. It was ideal for that.

• 1. Re: Would you like Nuketown to return?
    Aecetym

No, smart playable maps not cheap maps

• 2. Re: Would you like Nuketown to return?
    Mockers

No return of nuketown, I would not mind a small map though.

• 3. Re: Would you like Nuketown to return?
    xXxdisrupterxXx

i would like a nuked version of it so its diffrent but same

• 4. Re: Would you like Nuketown to return?
    Work_Hard_Play_Hard

Yes,

They could put Nuketown back in for me, this for me is what COD should be about 12 people knocking hell out of each other having 'fun'. There are too many cod players now who are so scared of losing there k/d or needing there moab they just camp or work in two's and three's.  I am all for strategy and tactics but now and again you need to just fire in there.

On small maps you win some you lose some, bring it back,  I also liked 24-7 as this opened up all the gamemodes in quick fire games, brill.

• 5. Re: Would you like Nuketown to return?
    robbierocket

This has come up before. No and it won't return.

1. It has its timeless place as a Black Ops map.

2. Treyarch have never recycled old maps.

3. The recycled MW maps brought little to MW2 except perhaps persuade us that new MW2 maps were inferior and needed support from better maps.

4. Any game dev relying on old material is not only potentially upsetting the former glory and becoming stale but also suggesting a lack of enterprise and creativity

Basically (and I personally don't like small ridiculously crazy spawn maps), if Nuketown is deemed an essential success there will be a brand new map nothing like it visually, but just like it in terms of attributes and entertainment value. We should expect that of Treyarch.

• 6. Re: Would you like Nuketown to return?
    robbierocket

If someone were to resurrect my favourite COD map of all-time ("Revolution" from map pack 3 of WAW), I would be mortified. It has its immortal place in my (and others') hearts from WAW.

However, if someone were to produce a brand new and rather different map, that brings out all the game chemistry, tactics, scenarios and inspiration that "Revolution" did, I would be overjoyed.

• 7. Re: Would you like Nuketown to return?
    Work_Hard_Play_Hard

I do agree there is no place for Nuketown in the new game and must remain in its original home, however a small map which forces the cqc is what adds fun fast paced action and to me is a breath of fresh air.

• 8. Re: Would you like Nuketown to return?
    Aecetym

Nuketown wasn't fun, it was just a sh*t map. Firing range or something like that was a good map, small but good, maybe the best of them.

BO2 will have or need maps fitting with the story and weapons. Like a bridge with on each side buildings of some sort and lots of tossed over card and burning ones to provide cover. 2 sides lots of tactiek can be used and u can't say they are camping cause u each have a side with a killzone in the middle.

• 9. Re: Would you like Nuketown to return?
    timelordalex

Um treyarch took cliffside out of W@W, and remodelled it, they recycled it

1 2 3 Previous Next