25 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2012 2:27 PM by ChestSplittah RSS

A fix for spawn trapping?

NiteFalken

As a permanent death streak. So many consecutive deaths in a certain time period triggers  "No Way Out". You spawn invicible with no weapon except c4 kinda like Dead Mans Hand. You spawn with increased speed and unlimited sprint. You cannot be killed except by detonating the explosives. You remain in "No Way Out" till you get a kill. The time period to death ratio is important to keep folks from griefing. Picture the senario. Your team is spawn trapped and you all get "No Way Out". Then you start running chasing your trappers and blowing up. If you really want to make it funny "No Way Out" Spawns invincible with a MOAB type weapon.

• Re: A fix for spawn trapping?
    theatriks

No.

rankismet

NiteFalken wrote:

As a permanent death streak. So many consecutive deaths in a certain time period triggers  "No Way Out". You spawn invicible with no weapon except c4 kinda like Dead Mans Hand. You spawn with increased speed and unlimited sprint. You cannot be killed except by detonating the explosives. You remain in "No Way Out" till you get a kill. The time period to death ratio is important to keep folks from griefing. Picture the senario. Your team is spawn trapped and you all get "No Way Out". Then you start running chasing your trappers and blowing up. If you really want to make it funny "No Way Out" Spawns invincible with a MOAB type weapon.

Or... and this is a really genius idea...

Don't let them trap you.

nicedrewishfela

No, this is an unrealistic idea.

Hopefully they will fix the spawn system so that the old "Spawn Trap" won't be as much of an issue as it has in the past.

avengedyesterday

There will never be a sure fire fix for spawn trapping, the only fix is bigger maps with more spawn points. Even that doesn't matter when it comes to objective games.

This can't be a serious post....it just can't lol

otisman666

TheGilmore wrote:

This can't be a serious post....it just can't lol

No, I'm pretty sure that this guy is serious, that's the funniest part here.

Look there shoiuld be instructions that come with these games.  Scrubs need to understand, you play TDM until you beome somewhat decent at the game, then move over to a game like HQ or Dom.  Don't go jumping into the harder playlists until you really know what you are doing.

gallp13

Too too true......that how it's done. Scrubs want it all from day one.....funny no one spawn traps me these days....S'pose I must have worked out how to avoid this scrub problemo......

MUPHinATHONG

First off, I would like to point out that this is a terrible idea. Personally, I hate deathstreaks. You shouldn't be rewarded for dying 5 times in a row.

Second, spawn trapping has a lot to do with map design. If the map is made well, spawn trapping wouldn't exist. For example, you're not going to get spawn trapped in Domination on a map like Bootleg or Array (from BO) or Outpost. But maps like Mission, Carbon, and Nuketown can be very easy to spawn trap. Mission and Carbon have problems with spawn trapping because of the height advantage that one team starts off with. If you have a team of 3-6, you could easily capture C & B and keep the enemy team spawning in a very disadvantageous position. In Nuketown, it is simply because it is too small of a map.

There is no need to try and introduce a ridiculous deathstreak just because some maps are prone to spawn trapping. And also, who's to say this deathstreak couldn't be used even if you weren't spawn trapped? I don't want ghosts with C4 running around the map because they suck... Bad idea.

EDIT: This wasn't in any way a response to you Gallp, it was to the OP.

ChestSplittah

Wow. I hope you aren't that bad at the game. No one should ever be impervious to anything.

myevo8you

The simple fix for spawn trapping (which by the developers defenition IS boosting and exploiting an in game mechanic) is to have it where if a team is instantly spawning and dieing, then they spawn DIRECTLY behind the team which is doing the trapping.

Imagine a line on both sides of the map about 2/3 of the way across into the enemy spawn. If 3 or more enemies cross this line, then the other players randomly spawn across the map. This would stop all the poor sad little souls that have to use this to boost their in game penis and show their boyfriends how "good" they are.

And before anyone says "spawn trapping isn't an exploit" here is a DIRECT QUOTE from Treyarchs online code of conduct

Boosting

Users who organize to exploit the game for the explicit purpose of ranking up very quickly or to appear in a high position on the leaderboards.

• Minor offense: Temp ban, complete stats reset, leaderboard entries removed once

• Major offense: Temp ban, complete stats reset, permanent ban from appearing on the leaderboards

• Extreme or repeat offenses: Permaban from playing the game online

Glitching

Users who go out of their way to exploit the game to grief other players. An example would be going outside of the map’s clearly defined playable boundary.

• Minor offense: Temp ban from playing the game online

• Major offense: Extended temp ban from playing the game online

• Extreme or repeat offenses: Permaban from playing the game online

Now let's break this down REALLY EASY so even the simple mided people who do this can understand

"Users who organize to exploit the game for the explicit purpose of ranking up very quickly or to appear in a high position on the leaderboards."

When a team spawn traps, they are EXPLOITING the spawn system at the expense of the other team and NOT doing the objective to rank quickly and get higher on the leaderboards.

Now part 2

"Users who go out of their way to exploit the game to grief other players."

This is also EXACTLY what these "teams" or "clans" do. They intentionally go into the game knowing they are going to do their best to spawn trap the other team just for fun "griefing" the other team. Again they are exploiting a flaw in the static spawn system

Here is the link to the complete rundown of the policies.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/106042032#106042032

ChestSplittah

You again with this? It was also stated by candyslexia/bancandy, that they were talking about it in certain game modes. Also, if a team is fool of garbage players...say in Dom, they get spawn trapped at A because they decided to forsake going B also, how is it the enemies fault for gaining the upperhand?

myevo8you

When I refer to spawn trapping, I am referring to the ones that get into the enemy spawn, sit at a spawn point, and knife the enemy as soon as they spawn. If the player has ZERO time to react then it has crossed the line. On a game like Domination where if you control 2 flags and the enemy spawns at the third, BUT the enemy can freely move and shoot upon spawning then it's a whole different ballgame.

ghamorra

Or don't take shortcuts when creating maps. MW3 is nothing but close quarters cramped ass maps where it's easy to manipulate the enemy's spawn. Dome is prime example, whenever that map comes up the first thing I hear is "we're spawn trap you guys"

Cable99

I played a lot of COD BOps before I ever saw spawn trapping from the victim's point of view. I had to end up with 5 greenies of very low level before it ever happened-and I broke out of it anyway. Try spawning with  a live grenade in your hand(frag). Its amazing how workable a solution that can be. And you don't need any convoluted fix to the game,either. OF course the easiest solution is don't let your team get trapped.

ChestSplittah

Indeed. Also, everyone else should take Cable up on his advice, this guy used to train under Gen. Patton himself.

ghamorra

Cable99 wrote:

OF course the easiest solution is don't let your team get trapped.

I wish it was that easy, but on Dome there's no sure way to do that. Especially when you're by yourself with with a bunch of randoms. The map is just too small, flash bangs rain down on spawn locations so if you die at any time your guard needs to be up and so should your weapon.

I agree most maps offer good spawn protection but those maps are not the popular ones. If a survey was taken of the most popular maps in MW3 and even BO I promise most if not all or the top 5 maps are ones that can be easily spawn trapped

otisman666

Cable99 wrote:

I played a lot of COD BOps before I ever saw spawn trapping from the victim's point of view. I had to end up with 5 greenies of very low level before it ever happened-and I broke out of it anyway. Try spawning with  a live grenade in your hand(frag). Its amazing how workable a solution that can be. And you don't need any convoluted fix to the game,either. OF course the easiest solution is don't let your team get trapped.

Coming from an avid spawn trapper, Cable is completely on target here.  MW2 and BLOPS were incredibly easy to set up spawn traps in.  Getting 100 or 200 killls in a single game of CTF or Demo was a joke.  But all it takes is one player with 1/2 a brain and bit of skill to foil your plans.

c4rl

This sounds like a great idea, we all know how much we all love dead mans nuke. Nothing is more satisfying than having to kill someone twice to get one kill only to have that kill blow you up while exhibiting absolutely no skill.

terrible idea there should be no death streaks way over powered if  u die alot leave or dont play at all