22 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2012 9:59 AM by zvers RSS

Infinity Ward Slapping COD Fans In The Face

alienterprises@msn.com

To start of with I thought charging £39.99 for a COD Elite was a joke, and what makes it worse people are paying for it allowing this injustice to continue. They claim you get extra DLC, by definition "Extra" is something that doesnt come on the disc, yet all the new maps are already on the god damn disc with you paid £45 give or take for it.

The parasites block access to these maps and make you pay for unlock access to it. I could understand if the map packs were not on the disc (although €1200 MSP a map pack is extortion as it is).

So on a matter of principal I am boycotting the map packs, so these parasites now have lost a sale.

Over all thoughts peeps?

• Re: Infinity Ward Slapping COD Fans In The Face

That makes me madder then I already was. So I guess IW really is doing nothing but making their next broken game in that little studio of theirs.

alienterprises@msn.com

Basically yes, while people stay silent and pay for it they will continue to do it. Now most people disagree with my argument and their entitled to their opinion. I have a similar issue with Epic and Gears of War 3 and everyone bar 1 person says I moaning for no reason, there is nothing wrong with what they are doing.

Where the line going to be drawn? EA are charging people to play online with their onlines passes so anyone who rents/borrows or buys a pre owned game will have to pay to play with their mates

What gets to me is the lack of post-launch activity IW doing. All we get is new maps (which are already on the disk!), bug fixes, and a few minor tweaks. Where are the new guns, perks and killstreaks? When will the shotguns and riot sheild be worth using? Why is Elite still Broken? (They recommended that you use the model 1887 with a red dot sight under in the 44. magnums page, check it out yourself)

Zolite

Moabmauler wrote:

What gets to me is the lack of post-launch activity IW doing. All we get is new maps (which are already on the disk!), bug fixes, and a few minor tweaks. Where are the new guns, perks and killstreaks? When will the shotguns and riot sheild be worth using? Why is Elite still Broken? (They recommended that you use the model 1887 with a red dot sight under in the 44. magnums page, check it out yourself)

Bug Fixes, Few Minor Tweaks? You are kidding right? If i may, the illusion of bug fixes and minor tweaks we have been given, does not seem we actually got working one's.  Wait... you never said the bug fixes and minor tweaks actually worked. - I got it

zvers

"Where are the new guns, perks and killstreaks?" I think the programming required to add these more complicated features is just either, too expensive or not possible with the current hardware. I've been an advocate for Gun DLC for a long time but it seems that their are just too many issues that will arise from pursuing this path. Also, MW3 is cut and paste for m MW2 so, if it requires too much re-programming then they won't do it.

I am glad I didn't buy Elite, I only bought the first mappack and it will be the last for this game.

For me it´s useless to buy more maps and after a couple of months the new cod is coming out.

heh! I paid $48 for the game in Christmas last year. That was not long after the launch. LOL

Since then, I've been enjoying the game when it works properly. Other times, not so much and there were terrible times when I simply got fed up and took break.

DLCs, blah! There's no way I'm paying for DLC for its entirety, just no way. I do not care about spec ops mode, I do not care anything other than FULL Multi-Player mode, that is to say at least 6vs6 map. The 1st DLC only provided 2, so sorry not buying it unless you let me choose to buy map specific DLC. To me, I'm not paying $15 for 2 multiplayer maps, just no way, I can only see myself paying $7.49 for it. Want to force your way into selling me full DLC without a choice, then aint buying at all will be my choice.

I never pay for DLC, im good with the game at hand,  by the time i rank up the things I want, a new call of duty is out, and the old one starts getting hacked up, so whats the point

teanah

All the new maps aren't on the disc; also don't forget the new Spec Ops missions aren't either. With our latest launch of Face Off-- we made two, (of the current four), free. I suggest you try them out and see what you think. In short, you aren't paying to unlock stuff that's already on the disk.

maccabi

teanah wrote:

All the new maps aren't on the disc; also don't forget the new Spec Ops missions aren't either. With our latest launch of Face Off-- we made two, (of the current four), free. I suggest you try them out and see what you think. In short, you aren't paying to unlock stuff that's already on the disk.

thats true the people who bought Elite are paying to beta test badly made maps on empty unaccessible playlist in game modes they dont want to play.

trialstardragon

You are so incorrect in what you say and assume. The new maps are not on the disc, none of them are. You are not just buying unlock codes. And unlock code for information stored on disc is only about 100kb in most cases. The DLC is over 100MB in most cases which clearly is not an unlock code. This clearly shows you do not know or understand what you are talking about.

Plus no where during the actual SP game do you ever play on maps that are in the DLC. If you had played SP you would know this.  So to make such statements just proves you do not know what you are talking about.

This is nothing more than a complaint about nnot getting the DLC as soon as Elite members do. And is because of Elite and how premium members get the DLC sooner because they paid for it which you did not and now feel is unfair. Which is an extra service, even though you tried to state it is not.

It is not the developers fault if you chose not pay for the service to get access to the dlc sooner and have to wait until ti comes out as a regular dlc pack,

trialstardragon wrote:

You are so incorrect in what you say and assume. The new maps are not on the disc, none of them are. You are not just buying unlock codes. And unlock code for information stored on disc is only about 100kb in most cases. The DLC is over 100MB in most cases which clearly is not an unlock code. This clearly shows you do not know or understand what you are talking about.

Plus no where during the actual SP game do you ever play on maps that are in the DLC. If you had played SP you would know this.  So to make such statements just proves you do not know what you are talking about.

This is nothing more than a complaint about nnot getting the DLC as soon as Elite members do. And is because of Elite and how premium members get the DLC sooner because they paid for it which you did not and now feel is unfair. Which is an extra service, even though you tried to state it is not.

It is not the developers fault if you chose not pay for the service to get access to the dlc sooner and have to wait until ti comes out as a regular dlc pack,

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The COD Elite membership is a rip off, to me anyway.

I can't see the reason in paying the full price for 1/2 of its value. Like I said, I do not care about anything else other than full multiplayer maps, not some 1v1, 2v2, it has to be at least 6v6.

It is understandable that IW is trying to cater those who like spec mode or other gameplays, so how about a choice here?

For PC, there's only 1 DLC, and only 2 multiplayer maps, so let me pay 1/2 the price to get them, I do not want spec modes

Tuggedbythefuzz

How about the fact that we are PAYING to beta test elite?

vileself

Ive seen threads like this before and they're just kind of dumb. Think of it this way;

The developers make a game that they value at around $120. They release it to the public but they only unlock $60 worth of its content, thus we pay $60 for the game. The rest of the content is unlocked via approximately 4 - $15 fees in the form of DLC. You may choose whether or not you want to access these portions of the game. The content in the game when you purchased it was valued at $60. You got exaclty what you paid for and Activision as a business is smart by creating priced DLC that can be added to your $60 game to increase its play value and longevity.

Besides, the notion that these maps are already on the disc is just a myth. They might already have a file on the disc with the map name on it, but that doesnt mean the map itself is on the disc. They still have to make the maps and we still have to download them to our consoles. If the maps are already on the disc, why are we downloading them? Think about it.

alienterprises@msn.com

Thanks for replies guys.

Just to clarify a few things, im reffering to DLC 1&2, ITo those who claim to DLC not being on the disc, how do you explain the file size of DLC Map pack 1&2 being 108kb each? (i'm on XBOX for the record) Now multiple map maps would take up more that that amount which means that the "DLC" has to already be on disc, how else would it be accessed? I'm a hardcore gamer and I tend to buy all DLC if it was actually extra. For example the face off maps they gave, that was extra DLC and if they wanted to charge for that I would have paid as it is DLC.

I have bought all DLC for previous CODs because I enjoy the game, but in my opinion if its on the disc and you bought the disc you should have access to the content on that disc. I got no problem with Elite per say, if people wanna pay for tournaments and prizes etc they can knock em self out.

alienterprises@msn.com

Oh and for the record I not come here to get into a argument or slagging match with anyone, I use forums for what they are meant for, Discussions, exchnage of opinions and friendly banter etc

Firstly, the maps are not already on the disc, when I download a map it's usually 90-200mb. I'm not dowloading fresh air. Even if they are already on the disc however it doesn't mean you're entitled to them, just because you've paid to go and see a Football match doesn't mean you're entitled to enter the VIP suite. The concept that you get what you pay for is true across all walks of life, why should games be different?

Maybe I'm just an old fart at 35 but I can remember when Master System games cost £30, there was no trade in culture, meaning no cheap bargains and you could finish most of the games from start to finish (there was no save feature) in less than 30 minutes if you where any good. The average wage in the UK was around £9k a year.

Compare that with the massive games we get now (344 hours and counting for me in MW3) a vast plethora of features and an average wage of £28k a year, they've never been cheaper. That works out at around 23 pence an hour (I paid full price for MW3 and Elite) Compare that to a cinema ticket (£5 an hour for a 2 hour film) A night out on the town (£15 an hour, roughly) or an F1 ticket (£75 an hour for a 2 hour race) 

tldr: quit moaning, you've got it good

trialstardragon

So true in what you say. So much common sense spoken in your reply. something that so many that come here and complain seem to lack in today's world for some reason.

alienterprises@msn.com

Hi Artemiz,

I like your football match scenario hehehe not gonna argue with that as I use to work in Crowd Management for 4 yrs.

With respect to file sizes, when I check the file size for DLC map pack 1 & 2 it says its 108kb (this is on XBOX 360) which I why I find it hard to believe its not on the disc, The Face Off maps pack was 173MB which is fine.

Oh and I not moaning, expressing my disatisfaction on the concept. Anyway, I said what I wanted to so moderator feel free to close this