9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2012 7:01 PM by BanHaMMer RSS

Breath of Fresh Air

HotRodGod

So its been almost 2 weeks since Ive decided not to prestige anymore. You know, just working on emblems and titles.

And let me tell you what.....I have been having a blast. Not caring what weapons im getting killed by, or what deathstreak just stopped my killstreak. Ive also started just muting my tv and listening to music while i play.

The only thing on my mind has been the challenges im currently trying to complete. Im laughing out loud and having fun cracking jokes on the mic. Im not by any means telling people do stop at their prestige. But its alot of fun not caring. Still keeping the competetive part of it but just to an extent.

KD goes up, then down then all around but i dont care. because i came to the conclusion that this game isnt my job. I dont get paid by it, and most importantly it doesnt pay my bills. In fact this game is a bill given that i pay a internet/cable bill to play online.

So in my head these are just little digital figures with fake guns. And though this game is really fun and entertaining, its not the end of the world if i go 5-20 on a game. Which i dont but just an example. I should have done this long ago, that way i would have completed the challenges and shelfed it apon complete. But its all good

Gone are the days of worrying bout boosters or hackers"ill still report if i see one tho" or racist remarks or people calling my mom a whore. LOL

Im having fun and thats all that matters.

Just my rant.......thanx for reading

HRG

• Re: Breath of Fresh Air
    barneykiller

sounds like a blast. keep having fun playing it even though I extremely dislike this game.

monkeylord

I agree that when approached with the right frame of mind this game is a blast

What a great mindset to have.

xxphenomen4xx

right on hots, i like it too, which is why im only prestiging twice next game and going for the enjoyment all year!

BanHaMMer

agreed, I stopped Prestiging at 12. The game is far more enjoyable without The Prestige crap on your mind

HotRodGod

I mean dont get me wrong, it sucks to play and see all that xp go to waste. And i see how/why the reason we as players keep pushing the magic button.

I know that with all the xp ive let go to waste i could probable verywell have been close to 12 right now. But if you put it out yur mind and forget bout xp, and concentrate on doing titles, emblems, and gold guns......you forget bout it.

I know because it happened to me. Turning the game on with a mindset of having fun and not wondering if yur clan is gunna kick you due to yur KD. Or that deadmans hand just ripped you a new @sshole or that lag is gunna make you break yur controller. Its truly a great feeling knowing nothing matters.

Clan ops will continue to entrigue me due to it being a teamwork thing. But im gunna be worried the next double xp weekend. I hope i dont drink to much one night and decide to prestige.

I to have been trying different weapons. Shotguns and Sniper Rifles. Also trying to use the C4.

BanHaMMer

@Ian83: The C4 has some really K00L titles and emblems for there acheavement rewards. 25 C4 multi kills etc. I have only ever seen 1 other person with the C4 multi kill title for 50 or so, and no one with the C4 emblem I have. I don't even know how I got. I did it all in DOM at the flags or tossing it as people tried to recapture the flags.

people ask all the time what they mean, then you tell them and it's all to hard