8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2012 3:47 PM by trialstardragon RSS

Aim Assist in Multiplayer

mudd1280

Can some one confirm that there is a aim assist on the multiplayer for MW3. I said something to activision and they said that there was nothing in the game like it. Nothing more frustrating when Im watching a spot on my screen and a guy goes running by and my sights start to follow him across the screen with him and then trying to fight the aim assist I miss the guy I was trying to kill and maybe more people. please tell me I'm not losing my mind

• Re: Aim Assist in Multiplayer

I have noticed that a few times I thought I was playing too much lol

Aim assist in multiplayer works in two ways.

1. When your crosshairs pass over an enemy - your look sensitivity is halved when your crosshairs are on target making aiming more accurate.

2. When an enemy runs through your crosshairs - your crosshairs move with the enemy at half the speed they are moving. This doesn't always work well when in a laggy lobby and it can sometimes seem like the assist is making you more OFF target.

The effect overall though makes aiming a lot easier and if you disabled it completely when using a thumbstick controller you would find aiming very difficult, espeically if using a sensitivity over 5.

It is not the same as the "auto aim" which is in the single player modes.

mudd1280

this is by far the worst thing ever. i find it to hinder my game play every single time it occurs. wonder if the people at Beach Head think its funny to watch the videos of this type of thing happening to us. i just want to turn it off

TheHonch

It's been in there since November.  You just now noticed it?

Beachhead develops Elite, not MW3, that would be Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer.

Finally, it's not the worst thing ever.  I think we can all agree on that with some additional thought.

mudd1280

No I didn't just notice it and as for it being the "worst thing ever", that is my opinion and you have the right yours and I have the right to mine. And if I think its the worst thing in the game then by all means I get to say it.

And I'm sorry but I think that beach head is in charge of elite which is who watches all of the games to determine who, what , when and why. Am I wrong or does Infinity ward take care of all of our stats and things of that nature. Either way I'm sure they're connected in some way and they all sit in a building laughing at people who miss there target because of the "Aim Assist" that is automatically put on the game, even though everyone at activision call center says there isn't "Aim Assist".

And why do people get on a forum and start to think that their opinion is the final word. Its all just suggestions and ideas or rants no one in these forums are better than the next so just chill the rhetoric out