4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2012 2:45 AM by trialstardragon RSS

Face off map exclusive to mode?! REALLY!?

I do not like how the face off maps are only in the Face Off playlists and not in the other playlists, and I also don't like how small maps from other playlists, such as Dome or Hardhat, cannot be in Face Off. I think it would be fun to play objective modes with more players on the small faceoff maps, and with the rumours of Shipment and Rust coming to MW3 as faceoff maps, I would really like to see the maps integrate between modes a little more.

IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO MIX THE MAPS TOGETHER IW OR SLEDGEHAMMER OR WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE OF THIS GAME!!!!!!!!! IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED IF YOU PUT ALL OF THE MAPS IN MOST OF THE MODES AND SOME OTHER MAPS IN FACEOFF!!!!!!!!!

• Re: Face off map exclusive to mode?! REALLY!?

I have a PS3 so I never played it, but your rite.

trialstardragon

The FO maps are too small for any other game mode or playlist. They are some of smallest maps in the game. Dome is actually larger than most of the FO maps.

You just probably want the small maps in other game modes with lots of people running around so you can get kills easier.

No they do not need to add the FO maps to the other playlists just to make you happy. No they do not need to add some of the regular maps to FO. No they do not need to mix up the maps more in how they have them in other game modes just to make you happy.

So the entire last part of your post that was done in capital words means nothing and does not make your post any greater in specialness or importance. It just shows you to be someone that thinks your entitled to have everything in the game be the way you like and want, which really you are not entitled to any of that.

Ok, yes, maybe I was in a bit of a rage at the end of the post, but allow me to explain.

Call of Duty 4: Shipment was playable in more modes than just Cage Match, which was 1v1 deathmatch. Shipment is the smallest map EVER (smaller than Face-off maps) in a call of duty game, you can even see the entire thing on the mini map. There is also Kill House as DLC, which is about the size of a modern day Faceoff map.

Modern Warfare 2: Rust is playable in a variety of playlists. It isn't hectic like Shipment, but still keeps you on your toes.

Black Ops: Nuketown is available in many playlists, and was many players' favorite map for some time. There is also firing range, which is also a favorite of many, and is the second smallest map in the game.

Modern Warfare 3: The smallest maps available for normal playlists are Dome and Hardhat, which really aren't very small, and then there are face-off maps that have up to 3v3 play, so even though the maps are smaller, the pace doesn't really change. The developers are considering putting Shipment and Rust remakes in the game as Face-Off maps, which is not the way they were intended to be played, and the maps will not be remade properly.

People love small maps with lots of players because it's crazy and fast paced. They require you to always be on your toes. I don't want there to be a huge amount of small maps that everyone comes across all of the time. I am also not happy that there isn't an extreamly open, huge sniping map too, such as Wasteland or Overgrown in the game (I don't want that in Face-Off either, though.)

MW3 is just missing that occasional extreamly small map that people would come accross and would be a fun, crazy experience. I think that other people would appreciate the integration of small maps between some game types. If they don't, then they can be happy that they can vote for the other map.

trialstardragon

Point made, but not everyone did like those small maps beacuse of how hectic they were. Mostly only rushers liked them because of that fact beacuse it made it harder for people to camp on them. And rushers hate campers because they need constant action and an adrenaline fix all the time. Your basic constant rusher is an adrenaline junky, needing the high from the rush and hectic game play. Though that may be fun for some, it is not as fun for others.

I never thought a map like noobtown should have been in BO, it was way too small, so whas shipment and rust in the other games.

Those should have been kept out of normal rotaion and only in a playlist for small maps, and not the regular playlists.