10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2012 3:16 PM by the_murf53 RSS

I just rage quit for the first time!!!

andynewns

i have been playing FPS since the days of counter strike, I am not the best player in the world, but i can hold my own and will take my beating quietly maybe with the odd swear word.

But tonight i rage quit for the first time playstaion off controller thrown to the side headset off ( too expensive to throw on the floor).

I have moaned about the lag compensation before, yes it annoys me but the game was still playable just, and i have always enjoyed Modern warefare as a game. But tonight 5 games in a row i am maybe 1 to 2 seconds behind everyone, i play HC and put a full mag into someone only for them to walk away, not even a hit marker.

I tweeted @iwmarkrubin and @teanah earlier this week, and they assured me that the match making was being fixed and they hoped this would also help the lag problems, well tonight as a uk player i got put in a mexican match, a US match a russian match etc

I am so disapointed in the way that IW have treated their customers that i think this it is for me and Call of Duty, its been a great run but its just not fun anymore.......

• Re: I just rage quit for the first time!!!
    misterck1

i feel your pain mate, recently i have had an abundance of times where i have come upon someone and started firing at them to have no hitmarkers or indication of my bullets hitting the other player only to be put down by them immediately.

andynewns

it has been there since the game release but tonight was something special.......

i have never seen anything so bad in any game i have ever played

SmileUrDead

Yeah it has been there since the game released, but it has steadily gotten worse as the game progressed. All in all call of duty will never be the same, Treyarch had to move into the future with the game because of the contract Jason West and Vince Zampella have with Activision. Any of you that got this months Game Informer would be able to put 2 and 2 together. Just wait for Respawn Entertainments first game, gonna be killer!

andynewns wrote:

it has been there since the game release but tonight was something special.......

Couldnt have stated this better myself.  Maybe some of you will now think about this time before attacking those of us that have been trying SINCE THE FIRST to get this BS dealt with.

Its amazing how much people care once it happens to them, but before then act like your crazy and just trying to start trouble... even tho your posts and details and descriptions are very in-depth and non-generailzed.  Maybe we will get the VoIP lines secured (or at least a global mute option) thru all this...

I really wish they would hear our problems. the past 4 days hasnt been too bad, but today its a whole different game.

While playing dropzone, I can shoot someone and get at least 4 indications that my bullets hit, and they hit me once(yes once, i watched the killcam) and im done. One bullet kills is acceptable for HC matches, but on dropzone not so much.

Im from the US and just today ive heard, japanese, spanish, russian, english(uk english), and two different languages i couldnt make out.

After 7 months i still cant believe they havnt fixed it.

Now you know what so many folks have been trying to get attention to, huh?  It sucks doesnt it?

I barely have a clan any longer becuase the folks I played with that wernt commited thru 'Premium' ttok their disc back to GameStop.  And with the amount of sales this game has made, you would think they could hire some group that knew actual security?

andynewns

IW just posted on twitter that they know there is a problem and they are looking at it.

maybe they do read the forum,

the_murf53

I rage quit everyday lol.  Not because I'm a sore loser, I'll take my lumps if I'm getting beaten by someone that is superior than I am.  I do however refuse to take my lumps when I'm being beaten by lag and not by the player.  A few times a match is fine but when I get into the games where every death is a lag death, I leave.  I don't care anymore.