5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2012 3:59 PM by PoisonPawn RSS

Fix the knife!

Chanman89

Many of you know that the knife and its detection just sucks. Its like Commando is built into the game and when you watch the killcam the guy who knifed you isnt even looking at you and the knife isnt even near you. Please fix the knife, its lundge, and its hit detection.

• Re: Fix the knife!

We clearly are at adds on this one. I don't think the knife is strong enough, and doesn't kill as well as it should. The kill radius is no where near what Commando was, and I with it was But I'm big on the knife and built my keyboard and mouse mapping around prioritizing that. It sounds like you just aren't good at it and wish others weren't as well. I used to practicing knifing only. I did a LOT of that on MW2, Single Player, O Cristo Rendentor, knives only. Maybe you would benefit from that as well. However the knife seems much better then when the game came out. I don't know if they tweeked it, but I camplained about it.

I think the knife is well balanced, not overpowered like it was in MW2. The problems you described don't have anything to do with the "knife's hit detection", it's just the (sadly usual) matchmaking lag.

I hate the knife in all the modern warfare games. Whats the point in calling a game modern warfare if you can lunge with a knife like you have rocket boots or something. I wish the knifing system was something like Battlefield 3 instead the the melee system that acts like the halo power sword.

I don't see a problem with the knife as is.

just remember there is a weapon proficiency; that people can use; that will give you faster melee. but whether you use it or not; it's still a matter of leaning the timing.