9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 1:24 AM by Stormproot RSS

COD 4

Stormproot

Just installed COD 4 and had my first ever online game.

What a difference!

Much better experience than MW3. Proper servers, low ping, no poxy lag, punkbuster(so no hackers) and excellent game-play.

I can even connect to Poison Pawn's clan server half way around the world from me - MW3 fails to even 'see' the DoM clan server let alone attempt a connection.

I think that says it all about what is wrong with MW3 multiplayer.

• Re: COD 4

That and the fact Modern Warfare 3 is essentially a copy and paste job from MW2

hey maybe you can join us on our COD4 server now

Stormproot

Hehehe, I was fast asleep when you posted that

I've downloaded and 'installed' the map packs - which was nice and easy, and your server kindly patched my game for me and installed the required mod(s).

All very simple and easy to do - I am quite impressed with how it's all put together.

It beats the Steam/IWNet architecture hands down.

I can only hope future CoD titles go back to this architecture.

I don't think IW will ever return to the "PC" branch of code, however, BO2 might use it, as Treyarch does have a separate PC team.

I hope you enjoy your Cod4 gaming we had a server for years and enjoyed playing it... we moved over to MW3 found it lacking dedi ranked servers, and our clan has now moved away from Cod all together.  may well install Cod4 and visit PoisonPawn one day

cod4  was alot more  quality... even tho  we  only had one map pack it was epic it seems cods to day just keep throwing them out tbh 2 years isnt enough time it should be 3 years per cod...

{bhc}max|co

futuresniipez wrote:

cod4  was alot more  quality... even tho  we  only had one map pack it was epic it seems cods to day just keep throwing them out tbh 2 years isnt enough time it should be 3 years per cod...

cod 4 mod servers (like ours) run over 60 mod maps ( there are virtually thousands) so there is even more choice available, certainly more than mw2 mw3 and bo 1 put together.