8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2012 9:41 AM by adw1983 RSS

dragunov vs mk14

Ive been loving my mk14, but have seen a few more playing using the dragunov since the patch.. i was thinking about trying it out, but I wanted to see if anyone has tried it  (ps3) to see if its worth the change or if its better?

• Re: dragunov vs mk14

bump*

Nope, its still totally worthless. It went from F class to D. MK is a B, and MP7 A+ for example.

trialstardragon

Patch has not hit xbox yet, but in hardcore the dragunov is a beast and kills in one shot even when not a head shot in most cases unless you hit the arms or legs then it takes two.

Uhh, what?

All snipers kill in one shot to any part of the body in hardcore when silenced [they had better???

So does the silenced ACR.

trialstardragon

No they do not, the rsass silenced can take two shots to kill in hardcore. The dragunov still takes two if silenced in hardcore if not a head shot on xbox.

A silenced ACR takes two shots if not a chest or head shot depending on the range when fired at a target.

Only the .50 and msr and the other two kill in one even silenced in hardcore every time even at long range.

So 4 of them will while two will not, unless its a head shot then yes it kills in one and can do so even in core, unless they have bv's on, and in hc if they have bv's on nothing kills in one except the rpg and smaw or other explosives.

adw1983

When did they change that?

Because ACR deals 30 minimum damage, and always killed in one hit on all ranges in hardcore -- as did all the snipers.

Silenced or unsilenced, ACR, Mk14 and all the snipers always used to one hit kill in hardcore.

vileself

Im on PS3 and I equipped the Dragunov after the patch. Its definately better than it was. Before it was my worst weapon in the game with a shitty 0.14 KDR and since the patch Ive only used it a few times but produced positive scores each time and raised the KDR to a 0.77. Still not great by any means but the gun actually seems functional now. Sure other guns are always gonna be a better choice but if you have enough skill you can now do semi-well with the Dragunov.

GALACT1C0s117

I agree one of friends used it yesterday and he got the winning killcam it look much better then it was he also said that it was slighly better but I still think the MK14 is better for the mobility, it's basically the same but with no recoil