15 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2012 2:51 AM by silentshotnl RSS

Tomahawk or Throwing Knife?

LuRcHED

Pretty simple question. First let me make it clear that I am not some OnlyUseMeBlade type of player. But I do like to try this M.O. every now and then to change things up.

I prefer the Tomahawk. I always love the sound when you connected. The throwing knife doesn't do it for me.

What about you?

• Re: Tomahawk or Throwing Knife?
    porkins:d

The tomahawk throwing animation was also much smoother. The MW3 guy looks like he dislocates his shoulder on the throw, or he's just lobbing it. Also tomahawks bounce for more fun. However, in all honesty, I use neither.

codcanuck

I suck with any throwing blade...just can't keep that dot on target :(

LuRcHED

Most times when I do connect it is from flanking and catching them from behind. Face to face I normally wait to long to line up up my throw and get shot.

porkins:d

I can pretty much only hit a still target or get lucky. Once on Villa I tomahawked some guy in that small two story building with the one staircase. He was looking out the window looking into the alley way (not the one looking out on the courtyard) I was in that gate area with that cart nearby, anyways I threw the tomahawk and I got the guy. It was my most epic tomahawk memory with my cross map on Crisis.

Other than those two, my other kills have either been luck or a guy standing still or looking the other way.

skMace0

my most epic tomahawk moment was in WMD when this guy was shooting at me while laying prone on the scaffolding on the silos and I ran behind the cover of the truck on the far side of the map. I took one peak to measure up where he was (got hit by him in the process), ducked back down and then chucked a hawk way up in the air in a somewhat calculated direction towards him. A couple secconds later I get the kill and I freak out in awe of the amazingness that I just accomplished lol

sovietcookie

Tomohawk, because Mel Gibson uses it.

EliteKing

aaaaaaaaaaaaaah yes, mel gibsons crazy aasss. (test for word filter)

tomahawk by a longshot, pun intended.

the range on the thawk is unsurpassed by any lethal weapon, pun intended, from any COD.

tomahawks are badass and throwing knives are cool.

but then tomahawks are cool and badass and knives are just kinda cool...

you know...idk where im goin with this....

Tomahawks pwn Throwing Knives

Tomahawks bounce around alot more and thats why I like them over the throwing knife.

infinitlag

Tomahawk, its just better.

Okay from my eyes, a throwing knife and tomahawk usere ( 14 k kills with the tomahawk, and around that with the t knife ( number 61 i think with t knifes )

I prefer the throwing knife, in ways of the emblem in the killfeed, only throwing the tomahawk ( like mace said ) looked alot smoother, and it had an nice sound.

I really like how they made the throwing knife in mw3, it can bounce, its not like mw2 where it doesnt bounce, and its not like blops, where to tomahawk bounces like its plastic

In ways of being a ninja (  what i like to do ) i think the knife really fits that. I really like to run around with a tac knife and throwing knife only.

Dont get me wrong, i love the tomahawk, but i prefer the knife