21 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2012 2:37 PM by ill-lll RSS

Advanced Riot Shield?

thabeststriker--7

Alright so it is 2025.  Technology should be at its peak for bullet deflection and protection.  What I would like to see is a lighter, larger riot shield that actually deflects bullets and could possibly kill somebody.  Discuss.

• Re: Advanced Riot Shield?
    ghamorra

I don't like the Riot Shield, I always find the douche that sits in the corner and when I run by they bash me. It really doesn't offer much to the game other than unorthodox game play

matuzz

Here is my suggestion:

Make a riot shield similar to one in Counter Strike 1.6. You can shoot with pistol from behind it. So you can cover behind it, but also to move the shield aside to shoot with pistol. So press ADS to cover behind shield and when not in the ADS the shield is slightly in the side so you can hipfire your pistol but it also makes you vulnerable.

And if you decide not to purache pistol as secondary or don't buy secondary at all it would be like normal shield that you can use to bash people.

What you think?

Steve2589

Not even sure if the Riot Shield is going to be in Black Ops 2. But I agree that it doesn't offer much to gameplay anyway. Usually people with Riot Shields are easy to kill. Run at them, jump and turn. Easy kill

thabeststriker--7

Maybe they will have certain player proficiencies to make it where you are better with A riot shield.  And actually, I agree with the gun included idea.  Now, I don't mean like an lmg sticking out from that sucka, but maybe something at the equivalent of the USP .45.  Or it could be a weapon proficiency like: mele, speed, pistol.

ghamorra

The riot shield should also be breakable, it is a primary weapon after all. If my AR can run out of ammo, the riot shield should run out of durability

thabeststriker--7

I disagree.  As of now, you can't shoot with a riot shield. They don't deflect bullets and kill and you can still kill them by Semtex.  I think the technology in 2025 will be more advanced anyways and the riot shield will be more advanced covering the entire body while crouched.  Maybe it could block predator missiles if you lied down with it.  These guys who use them have enough problems right now, if you made it where they broke then there would be some serious issues.

Demonhunt115

I can safely say if there is a riotshield then I will make sure the people/person responsibe for this being in the game will be placed in the bin and left there with nothing but one sheet of toilet paper....

I completely hate Riot shields, they ruin the game. They don't add anything to make the game more enjoyable or dynamic, they simply take away from the fast, fluent, rush gameplay of CoD. But of cource, that's my opinion on Riot Shields

silent_doom_

Did anyone else find that the riot shield didn't keep you as protected in mw3 as it did in mw2?

jose.zaccheus

Like a lot of the posts I have seen here about certain things, the Riot Shield will most likely not show up in Black Ops 2 since it was not in W@W and Black Ops. To me the Riot Shield looks like its an Infinity Ward item than an all around Call of Duty item.

ill-lll

Either do it right or don't do it at all. If there is no shield available in multiplayer, then it will be no major loss. However, if they do choose to include it then it needs to be done right. The shield that exists in MW2/MW3 is fun for novelty but it is incredibly underpowered. The shield needs more protection from the front. It should completely cover your frontal arc, aside from the feet. As it exists now, it is far too easy to kill a riot shield user by shooting at their protuding hips and arms.  Crouching to protect the feet is a good mechanic that should stay as-is. To balance full frontal immunity to bullets, making the movement speed slower than it is now and disallow any combination of Lightweight/Juiced/Movement-enchancements.